‘Let’s Be Cops’ New Red Band Trailer: 'The Vampire Diaries' Star Nina Dobrev Kisses Damon Wayans Jr. [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 17, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Nina Dobrev has gotten a new Damon in the new red band trailer of "Let's Be Cops," starring "New Girl" stars Jake Johnson and Damon Wayans Jr.
The 24-year-old "The Vampire Diaries" actress is seen in the new Luke Greenfield film sharing a passionate kiss with Damon Wayans Jr, who appears to have a crush on the actress' character in the movie. Prior to the kiss Wayans can be seen flirting with Dobrev in the trailer.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
"Let's Be Cops," a comedy action film written and directed by Luke Greenfield alongside co-writer Nicholas Thomas, shows two aimless buddies [Johnson and Wayans Jr.] attending a costume party and pretending to be police officers.
In the new red band trailer posted by Yahoo Movies on YouTube, Johnson and Wayans Jr. can be seen getting caught in the middle of real bad guys, mobsters and dirty detectives as they pretend to be real cops.
After the said party, the duo decide to go on pretending as real police officers using fake badges and a fake police car. As they pretend to be real "cops," the two pals set foot in real trouble, putting their fake badges on the line.
Earlier in May, Wayans was officially added to the cast of "New Girl," officially joining Johnson. According to an Entertainment Weekly report, the 31-year-old actor, playing the role of Coach, is set to appear in the fourth season of the hit comedy TV series as a series regular alongside Zooey Deschanel, Max Greenfield, Lamorne Morris, Hannah Simone and his "Let's Be Cops" co-star Jake Johnson.
Aside from the red band trailer, "Let's Be Cops" also has a green band trailer, which omits violence and sexual references in general. Yahoo News predicts that the new comedy film with Wayans, Jackson and Dobrev is set to follow the success of comedy films such as "22 Jump Street," starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, and the box office hit "Neighbors," starring the newly dubbed "stoner king of comedy" Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne and Zac Efron.
Damon Wayans Jr. and Jake Johnson are set to bring chaos in theatres on Aug 13, 2014, together with Nina Dobrev, Andy Gracia and more. "Let's Be Cops," though two days earlier, coincides with the movie release of "The Expendables 3" and the movie adaptation of Lois Lowry's young adult novel "The Giver."
WATCH: "Let's Be Cops" New Red Band Trailer
CREDIT: YouTube/Yahoo Movies
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- American Horror Story Season 4 Freak Show to Feature Scariest Villain, Names of Season 4 Characters Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’