‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: A Look at Primal Pokemons and the Hoenn Region
By Gel Galang | June 17, 2014 2:24 PM EST
For those who have been wondering until now what the Pokemons are featured on the box art of "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," they are indeed Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One Updates on DualShock 4 Touchpad Function, Bigger Worlds, and Killer Instinct Skins
According to the official Pokemon Web site, these two are the legendary Pokemons, where Groudon is responsible for creating land while Kyogre is responsible for the seas.
Going beyond the legend of Hoenn, there's also Primal Reversion, where the Pokemons have reverted and reclaimed their original powers and capabilities, as told in the official Pokemon official Web site:
"It was a primal age, early in the world's history. The natural world was overflowing with energy. That energy granted Groudon and Kyogre an overwhelming power. Seeking ever more of that energy for themselves, the two clashed again and again, and their battles cast the people and Pokémon of Hoenn into great danger. Brimming with the overwhelming power granted to them by nature's energy, their transformation was named "Primal Reversion" by later people. And the people called their tormentors Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre..."
Primal Groudon possesses the ability to control the weather, primed and improved once Primal Reversion is achieved. Since Groudon is a Fire Type, this power is also boosted, but The Pokemon Company has promised that there will be more details as well as the hidden power with Primal Groudon.
As for Primal Kyogre, its power enables its body to spill seawater and once this is achieved, its blue skin will glow. The Special Attack that comes with Primal Reversion also gets boosted, but this will be revealed in the coming months.
Exploring the Hoenn Region Once More
The developer has promised that "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be something more than just a remake of the favorite Hoenn-based game--it will have its own flavor.
But that doesn't mean that old players would no longer enjoy the familiarity of the old game, especially after all the clamor that fans made to have a Hoenn remake of the game.
The Pokemon Company has recently released the map of Hoenn at the official "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" Web site, and has given a glimpse of the island and its wildlife, for the benefit of new players.
Most notable are the detailed surroundings that you'll encounter in your journey, one that will begin in Littleroot Town. The developer has promised that there will be "places you've never seen, Pokemon you've never encountered, and people you've yet to meet."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage