Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Sing "Amazing Grace" to Children's Hospital [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 17, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Power couple Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban sang "Amazing Grace" in front of parents and patients during their visit to Monash Children's Hospital in Melbourne, Australia on Friday, June 13. Their impromptu session was captured in a video and uploaded to YouTube.
In the video, the Grammy-winning actor strummed the acoustic guitar and sung the song while sitting on a desk. The Oscar-winning actress stood a few feet away and joined in the singing session. At one point, the A-list couple did a duet and smiled at each other.
Their hospital visit was part of their endeavor in the Swisse Celebrate Life Ball hosted by the Celebrate Life Foundation. This was a yearly fundraising activity aimed to raise funds for the Monash Children's Hospital and the Sydney Children's Hospital.
According to an article from E! Online, celebrity couple donated the guitar they used in the "Amazing Grace" jamming session to the neonatal ward of the hospital. The guitar was signed "With love, Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman."
The celebrity couple also chatted with the children patients and posed for pictures with overjoyed fans who gathered around them during the jamming session.
Talking about the children who are patients in the hospital, Kidman stated that it was deeply sad. "But events like the Swisse Celebrate Life Ball ensure that we are able to give to families in need. Even if it is just listening and hugging and showing support, then it's worth it," the actress stated.
The 46-year old actress had previously revealed to The Herald Sun that after her overflowing success in Hollywood, it was crucial to give back in the form of charity.
The "Grace of Monaco" star also played the role of a doting wife to Keith Urban aside from the couple's charitable works. According to an article from US Magazine, the 46-year old actress told that she knew every word to every song of the Urban Hits. "The only thing I can't do is sing and play guitar... so that is a slight problem!" Nicole Kidman stated.
Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban will have their eight wedding anniversary on June 25. The A-list couple got married at Cardinal Ceretti Memorial Chapel in Sydney, Australia in 2006.
Watch Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban sing "Amazing Grace" to Children's Hospital on YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal