Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition vs. Galaxy S4 Mini Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 17, 2014 1:10 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition or the Galaxy S4 Mini, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Samsung flags are set up at the main entrance to the Berlin fair ground before the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin in this August 28, 2012 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Tobias Schwarz/Files
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini comes with a 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution.
There isn't a lot of difference in the display of both the devices. The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini renders a 233 ppi pixel density compared to the 256 ppi pixel density in the Galaxy S4 Mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini comes with 121.6 x 63 x 9.9 mm dimensions and weighs 112 grams. The Galaxy S4 Mini comes with 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 107 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core cortex A9 processor. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Galaxy S4 Mini is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has 1 GB of RAM and the Galaxy S4 Mini has 1.5 GB of RAM. The Galaxy S4 Mini is the clear winner in terms of the computing power with a better processor and RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera. The Galaxy S4 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 8 hours on 3G or music play of about 57 hours. The Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours on 3G or music play of about 49 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition is priced at around AU $249.95 and the Galaxy S4 Mini is priced at around AU $359.95 in Australia.
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows