Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition vs. Galaxy S4 Mini Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 17, 2014 1:10 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition or the Galaxy S4 Mini, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Samsung flags are set up at the main entrance to the Berlin fair ground before the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin in this August 28, 2012 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Tobias Schwarz/Files
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini comes with a 4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution.
There isn't a lot of difference in the display of both the devices. The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini renders a 233 ppi pixel density compared to the 256 ppi pixel density in the Galaxy S4 Mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini comes with 121.6 x 63 x 9.9 mm dimensions and weighs 112 grams. The Galaxy S4 Mini comes with 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 107 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core cortex A9 processor. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Galaxy S4 Mini is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has 1 GB of RAM and the Galaxy S4 Mini has 1.5 GB of RAM. The Galaxy S4 Mini is the clear winner in terms of the computing power with a better processor and RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera. The Galaxy S4 Mini sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 8 hours on 3G or music play of about 57 hours. The Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours on 3G or music play of about 49 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition is priced at around AU $249.95 and the Galaxy S4 Mini is priced at around AU $359.95 in Australia.
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia