PS4’s Updates on the ‘Destiny’ Alpha Testing and Extended Run, Companion App and PS4 Exclusives
By Gel Galang | June 17, 2014 1:07 PM EST
Bungie's "Destiny" is shaping up quite nicely after the E3 2014 and the alpha test that's exclusive to PlayStation players.
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
"The 'Destiny' alpha was a small taste of all the things to come," said Jason Sussman, senior environment artist, via the PlayStation Blog Europe. "You got the open world, Explore Mode, a little bit of the campaign mission, the strike as well as the Crucible - which is our multiplayer mode."
But more than just giving players a taste of what they could enjoy once "Destiny" releases, the alpha testing, which was conducted far from the release date of 2014, has allowed the developers to do all the testing that they needed.
Bungie has admitted that the amount of data that they were able to gather is useful for making adjustments, balancing, and gaining insights into player behaviour.
Sussman has also teased that the alpha wasn't the last chance of players to get a taste of "Destiny." There's still the beta test to come "later" which will have different content compared to the alpha run.
And just recently, Bungie has teased via its official Twitter about dangerous experiments and an extension of the "Destiny" alpha run:
There's a rumor that the #Destiny Alpha might be extended to allow dangerous experiments. Play beyond the official close at your own risk!
— Bungie (@Bungie) June 16, 2014
Alpha Testers can Get Companion App Bonus
Aside from the PS4 alpha run for "Destiny," there is also a companion app for the game as it joins the trends of having an app sync with your game.
DualShockers reports that the app is an improved version of Bungie Mobile, and it is available only for alpha testers of the game.
To get the companion app, you need to have an Android device and join the Bungle Google+ community via this link. After agreeing to the testing agreement, you can download the Bungie Mobile app or receive an update for those who already have it.
According to the report, there will be an iOS version of the app once "Destiny" launches, so it seems that even the improved Bungie Mobile app is also on an alpha run of its own for the meantime.
PlayStation Exclusives for "Destiny"
At launch, PS4 and PS3 gamers of "Destiny" will be getting some sweet exclusives, particularly the exclusive access to the three-player Dust Palace Strike, a co-op on Mars, the competitive map, and a number of weapons, gear, and vehicles, as detailed over at the PlayStation Blog.
The exclusive map is the Exodus Blue Competitive MP map where you can explore the Control and Skirmish game modes.
For gears, there are one per class, with Manifold seeker armor for the Warlock class, Vanir armor for the Titan class and durable Argus for the Hunter class. Exclusive weapons will include the Monte Carlo, a handcrafted assault rifle that will allow you to upgrade it for more effective hip fire and better close range firing. There's Hawkmoon, a cannon and formidable weapon.
Lastly, there are three exclusive ships for PS4 and PS3 players, namely the hulled Aurora Wake armed with arcane instruments, Crypt Hammer which is an insertion variant for carrying Guardians across space and Outrageous Fortune, which is the rugged explorer ship.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza