Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Release Same as iPhone 6, S5 Prime Can Challenge iPhone 6
By Precious Silva | June 17, 2014 1:07 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime has been making waves especially since more photos of the reported device surfaced. More importantly, recent information suggests that if Samsung will not push through with the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime series, it will introduce a new premium line called the Galaxy F. Regardless of what name the premium product line will follow, it will reportedly have a similar release date as the iPhone 6. It will be a Samsung and Apple faceoff once more. Who will win?
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
Samsung always releases several editions of its flagship variants. It came as no surprise when rumors about a Prime edition of the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be coming. Whereas some analysts think this will not push through and some thinking Samsung will still go for it, a report by Value Walk pointed out that Samsung did announce gearing up efforts and products to compete with Apple even more head-on.
According to the latest leak, Samsung will be pushing for an aggressive approach going head to head with Apple's iPhone 6 this September. Samsung has not released an official announcement about the premium series but many leads have been supporting the release of the Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F Series. For instance, notorious tipster @evleaks has uploaded several photos of the Galaxy F series with one of the posts featuring a handset in "perfect gold hue" finish. Likewise, the tipster also did say that the release will likely be around September.
Apple will be releasing two versions of the iPhone 6: 4.7 inches and 5.5-inches. This follows a similar format to Samsung where the company issues more than one version of the flagship. Analysts see Apple and Samsung moving towards similar approaches which can mean stiffer competition later in the year.
Reported specs of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F series include 5.1-inch display, a 2.5Ghz Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor, 2K display with a 2560×1440-pixel resolution, Android 4.4.3 KitKat, 3GB RAM and Adreno 420 graphics card.
The market will have to watch out for fall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation