'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Paul Wesley Prefers Directing More Episodes, Teases Romantic Relationship of Stefan Salvatore
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 17, 2014 12:05 PM EST
"The Vampire Diaries" cast member Paul Wesley attended the Insurgence 6 convention held at the Birmingham Hilton Hotel in England last Sunday, June 15, to spill some details on what's in store for him in Season 6 of the CW TV series. At the panel, the 31-year-old actor talked about directing and the romantic relationship of his TVD character, Stefan Salvatore.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Series Creator Jeff Davis Confirms More Death and Destruction at Beacon Hills
Paul Wesley revealed that he likes directing better than acting because the craft is a new one for him to explore on. The TVD star made his directorial debut in Season 5, Episode 18 titled "Resident Evil" where doppelgangers Stefan and Elena (Nina Dobrev) had visions of themselves ending up together in the future due to the storyline on the Travellers.
According to the Unreality Primetime report, the actor has confirmed that he will be taking a seat on the director's chair again in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6. As for Stefan's love life in Season 6, Paul Wesley thinks something romantic will finally happen between Stefan and Caroline (Candice Accola).
The actor admitted that he has no idea what executive producer Julie Plec plans on the Stefan-Caroline or "Steroline" relationship but revealed in the TVGuide scoop report that Stefan and Caroline should just have sex. "Get it out of the way and see how it goes," Wesley shared.
The Wet Paint report suggests the Stefan-Caroline relationship will be one of the romantic anchors of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6. The two characters have been getting more close to each other with some sparks and undeniable chemistry getting noticed in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5.
TVD executive producer Caroline Dries previously teased that "Steroline" will be explored in Season 6 but the pairing will still deal with issues like Caroline being unsure and confused with what she really feels in addition to the romantic history of Stefan with her best friend, Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev).
"Stefan is her friend. Elena loved Stefan. Elena's her best friend. Kind of a no-fly zone, which is why I think that if she has had any more-than-friend feelings she's pushed them away or convinced herself otherwise," the executive producer explained.
Filming for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 is scheduled to begin on July 2014 while the premiere schedule of the CW TV series' new season will be on October 2014.
More Articles to Read:
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Directs New PSA for Welcome.us with Polish Grandfather - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Enzo to be a Loose Cannon in New Season, Executive Producer Caroline Dries Talks about TVD Characters - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Michael Trevino Talks about Tyler's Future as a Human, the Werewolf Gene and Relationship with Caroline - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight