'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Paul Wesley Prefers Directing More Episodes, Teases Romantic Relationship of Stefan Salvatore
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 17, 2014 12:05 PM EST
"The Vampire Diaries" cast member Paul Wesley attended the Insurgence 6 convention held at the Birmingham Hilton Hotel in England last Sunday, June 15, to spill some details on what's in store for him in Season 6 of the CW TV series. At the panel, the 31-year-old actor talked about directing and the romantic relationship of his TVD character, Stefan Salvatore.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Spoilers: Series Creator Jeff Davis Confirms More Death and Destruction at Beacon Hills
Paul Wesley revealed that he likes directing better than acting because the craft is a new one for him to explore on. The TVD star made his directorial debut in Season 5, Episode 18 titled "Resident Evil" where doppelgangers Stefan and Elena (Nina Dobrev) had visions of themselves ending up together in the future due to the storyline on the Travellers.
According to the Unreality Primetime report, the actor has confirmed that he will be taking a seat on the director's chair again in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6. As for Stefan's love life in Season 6, Paul Wesley thinks something romantic will finally happen between Stefan and Caroline (Candice Accola).
The actor admitted that he has no idea what executive producer Julie Plec plans on the Stefan-Caroline or "Steroline" relationship but revealed in the TVGuide scoop report that Stefan and Caroline should just have sex. "Get it out of the way and see how it goes," Wesley shared.
The Wet Paint report suggests the Stefan-Caroline relationship will be one of the romantic anchors of "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6. The two characters have been getting more close to each other with some sparks and undeniable chemistry getting noticed in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5.
TVD executive producer Caroline Dries previously teased that "Steroline" will be explored in Season 6 but the pairing will still deal with issues like Caroline being unsure and confused with what she really feels in addition to the romantic history of Stefan with her best friend, Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev).
"Stefan is her friend. Elena loved Stefan. Elena's her best friend. Kind of a no-fly zone, which is why I think that if she has had any more-than-friend feelings she's pushed them away or convinced herself otherwise," the executive producer explained.
Filming for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 is scheduled to begin on July 2014 while the premiere schedule of the CW TV series' new season will be on October 2014.
More Articles to Read:
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Directs New PSA for Welcome.us with Polish Grandfather - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Enzo to be a Loose Cannon in New Season, Executive Producer Caroline Dries Talks about TVD Characters - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Michael Trevino Talks about Tyler's Future as a Human, the Werewolf Gene and Relationship with Caroline - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS