iPhone 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Slim-Build, Large Screen, 64-Bit A8 Chip & 10MP Cam – Reports
By Erik Pineda | June 17, 2014 11:57 AM EST
The iPhone 6 on release date this 2014 is likely to prove right most of its rumoured specs and features, headlined by a lightweight and slim build with a 64-bit A8 processing chip plus a killer camera combo.
Dani Yako via Concept-Phones
iPhone 6 Concept Image by Dani Yako
According to Phone Arena, what largely the iPhone 6 will be has been confirmed by a YouTube clip that was uploaded this week. The online video shared information that allegedly came from a site that is dedicated to everything about the next iPhone, said the same report.
It should be noted, however, that there is no way at the moment to verify the authenticity of the details provided.
2 large-screen iPhones
Regardless, the new report is aligned with the solidifying belief that Apple's sequel to the iPhone 5S will come with two different display panel dimensions - the 4.7-inch model that some blog reports referred to as the iPhone Air and the 5.5-inch edition that supposedly will tussle with the likes of Galaxy Note 4.
Both handsets will sport an identical screen resolution of 1704 x 960 bit with varying pixel density. As expected, the first iPhone phablet will boast of a higher 416 pixels per inch (ppi) while its smaller sibling will debut with 356ppi pixels flooding the screen.
Super-slim iPhone 6
In the same video, the following dimension was provided: 138mm x 67mm x 7mm, which somehow backs earlier suggestions that Apple intends to further shrink the iPhone thickness while making light as a feather.
This plan will be realised with Apple using new mix of materials like Liquidmetal alloy, graphene and sapphire that will make up of the final cut that is the iPhone casing. MacRumors reported that Apple chief designer Jony Ive has largely hinted of 'the new materials' that will be part of the 2014 iPhone release.
A beautiful beast
Underneath its aesthetic appeal, the leaked YouTube clip also claimed that the bevy of iPhone 6 killer features will again be fired up by a 64-bit application processor with A8 chip replacing the A7 that came with the 5S last year.
10MP rear shooter
The most notable part of the report is the likelihood that iPhone buyers will get a significant camera bump up with their iPhone 6 purchases as the main shooter of the device will reportedly be updated from 8MP to 10MP.
Also, the front-facing camera will improve from 1.2MP to 2.1MP, which is a possibility that Mark Gurman of 9to5Mac has recently floated around.
And as a form of bonus, the iPhone 6 on its release date, likely on September 2014, will have a 128GB variant that will sell at $400, the Phone Arena report claimed, even as numerous analyst pegged the device's starting price at $200 for the regular model and $300 for the iOS 8-powered phablet - all presumably with contract agreements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists