Sony Xperia Z2 News: Verizon Release in August, Removable Facebook, Live Broadcast on YouTube
By Ryan Inoyori | June 17, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Sony's current Android flagship smartphone Xperia Z2 has several new updates including upcoming release in the U.S. under Verizon Wireless, new firmware version allowing users to remove Facebook completely and a new camera app for live streaming on YouTube.
Sony Xperia Z2 on Verizon
T-Mobile exclusively handled Xperia devices in the United States for some time which will be subjected to a change on summer of 2014. According to @evleaks, Sony's current flagship smartphone Xperia Z2 is indeed coming soon in the U.S. and will support Verizon Wireless.
"Verizon customers: Your wait for the Sony Xperia Z2 will not have been in vain. The delay, if you want to call it that, is due to the fact that a very specific variant, one that supports LTE-Advanced must wind its way through the certification and testing processes. Look for the Sony Sirius Viv (D6503) during the middle of next quarter," posted by @evleaks in a Web site.
It answers the question why Sony Mobile is suffering from delays with Verizon and it's about the compatibility of LTE-A. If you can recall, the smartphone was made available in the country ahead of release but limited only to AT&T and T-Mobile 4G-LTE networks due to compatibility.
Sony Xperia Z2 tablet will also join Xperia Z2 in the U.S. release according to @evleaks for Verizon Wireless.
Uninstall Facebook Now Possible
Sony Mobile has integrated Facebook app inside Xperia which made it non-removable from any Xperia devices. According to XperiaBlog, Sony started the implementation back in 2011 and made Facebook a native part of Xperia UI with functions such as creating a folder named Xperia on your FB account after uploading images.
But the native integration will change after a new firmware build version 17.1.1.A.0.402 has been spotted for Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 tablet that features the optional method to remove the social media app permanently from the system.
However, there is no confirmation yet if the uninstallation feature will appear on other Xperia devices from future firmware updates.
Live on YouTube Camera App
Sony Mobile made a camera app exclusively made for Xperia Z2 users. It is called "Live on YouTube" which allow users to broadcast a video live on YouTube. In addition to public live streaming of videos, you may also use it to privately share video with your friends and family using the Private Mode.
1. Requires a YouTube account with verified good standing.
2. Activation of Live Feature on your YouTube account.
3. Only available in territories where YouTube is also available.
4. The app uses Google Analytics to collect and aggregate usage statistics.
5. Any data collected through the analytic service is not usable to identify you.
6. Using the app to live stream broadcast events is not allowed and may subject the user on copyright infringement.
7. For the error, make sure you have made the Live Feature enabled on your YouTube account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales