Sony Xperia Z2 News: Verizon Release in August, Removable Facebook, Live Broadcast on YouTube
By Ryan Inoyori | June 17, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Sony's current Android flagship smartphone Xperia Z2 has several new updates including upcoming release in the U.S. under Verizon Wireless, new firmware version allowing users to remove Facebook completely and a new camera app for live streaming on YouTube.
Sony Xperia Z2 on Verizon
T-Mobile exclusively handled Xperia devices in the United States for some time which will be subjected to a change on summer of 2014. According to @evleaks, Sony's current flagship smartphone Xperia Z2 is indeed coming soon in the U.S. and will support Verizon Wireless.
"Verizon customers: Your wait for the Sony Xperia Z2 will not have been in vain. The delay, if you want to call it that, is due to the fact that a very specific variant, one that supports LTE-Advanced must wind its way through the certification and testing processes. Look for the Sony Sirius Viv (D6503) during the middle of next quarter," posted by @evleaks in a Web site.
It answers the question why Sony Mobile is suffering from delays with Verizon and it's about the compatibility of LTE-A. If you can recall, the smartphone was made available in the country ahead of release but limited only to AT&T and T-Mobile 4G-LTE networks due to compatibility.
Sony Xperia Z2 tablet will also join Xperia Z2 in the U.S. release according to @evleaks for Verizon Wireless.
Uninstall Facebook Now Possible
Sony Mobile has integrated Facebook app inside Xperia which made it non-removable from any Xperia devices. According to XperiaBlog, Sony started the implementation back in 2011 and made Facebook a native part of Xperia UI with functions such as creating a folder named Xperia on your FB account after uploading images.
But the native integration will change after a new firmware build version 17.1.1.A.0.402 has been spotted for Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 tablet that features the optional method to remove the social media app permanently from the system.
However, there is no confirmation yet if the uninstallation feature will appear on other Xperia devices from future firmware updates.
Live on YouTube Camera App
Sony Mobile made a camera app exclusively made for Xperia Z2 users. It is called "Live on YouTube" which allow users to broadcast a video live on YouTube. In addition to public live streaming of videos, you may also use it to privately share video with your friends and family using the Private Mode.
1. Requires a YouTube account with verified good standing.
2. Activation of Live Feature on your YouTube account.
3. Only available in territories where YouTube is also available.
4. The app uses Google Analytics to collect and aggregate usage statistics.
5. Any data collected through the analytic service is not usable to identify you.
6. Using the app to live stream broadcast events is not allowed and may subject the user on copyright infringement.
7. For the error, make sure you have made the Live Feature enabled on your YouTube account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries
- ‘Minecraft Story Mode’ And Update 1.6.4 Coming With Details, Brings Witches, Horses And An Interesting Trailer