Battlefield vs Call of Duty: ‘Hardline’ Beta on the Xbox One, ‘COD Advanced Warfare’ Multiplayer Discussed
By Gel Galang | June 17, 2014 11:43 AM EST
Before the E3 2014, the PS4 seemed to have the advantage with "Battlefield Hardline" as there has already been talk of the exclusive beta that players can enjoy alongside PC players.
Gamers line up under a "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game display during the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
But now, it seems that the Xbox One players won't be left out of the mix, though they will also enjoy a different beta run from the PS4 and PC players.
Speaking with Total Xbox, DICE General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson has already confirmed the new closed beta and specified that Xbox beta will be differet.
"We will have a beta on all platforms before release. But it won't be this beta on Xbox. It's not going to be the same version, just to be clear," he said in an interview with Total Xbox.
"We do it because we want their feedback of course, but also because in the background we are testing various things. We're going to continue doing more tests like this."
This is a good move, especially after "Battlefield 4" has encountered the string of problems and issues during its final and retail run. In development, Visceral Games is the main developer, though DICE is still doing some work with "Battlefield Hardline."
There are no details yet of the new closed beta, but since "Battlefield Hardline" is still looking at four months before its release on October 21, there's plenty of time to launch it.
As for those who are already part of the "Battlefield Hardline" beta, there are a few challenges and missions already underway, as announced via the Battlefield Blog.
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" Multiplayer: New and Rad
On the arena of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," the developers are also bent on making the multiplayer aspect of the game into something intense and "radically innovative," which will highlight the experience of it being a welcome break from the battlefield experience in the COD franchise.
Sledgehammer Games is taking a different approach with "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" in the sense that it's a futuristic battleground that brings it closer to the likes of "Titanfall" (which it has been compared to time and again) with its new armor and vehicles, exosuits, and power-ups for players.
As far as the multiplayer goes, PlayStation Universe reports that Sledgehammer Games has confirmed that it's a new experience for gamers overall.
"When you play it, can't wait for you to do it, it'll feel like multiplayer... but it'll be the most radically innovative new way to play Call of Duty multiplayer that you have seen in a long time," said Michael Condrey of Sledgehammer Games in a forum interview as quoted by PlayStation Universe.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown