Battlefield vs Call of Duty: ‘Hardline’ Beta on the Xbox One, ‘COD Advanced Warfare’ Multiplayer Discussed
By Gel Galang | June 17, 2014 11:43 AM EST
Before the E3 2014, the PS4 seemed to have the advantage with "Battlefield Hardline" as there has already been talk of the exclusive beta that players can enjoy alongside PC players.
Gamers line up under a "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game display during the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
But now, it seems that the Xbox One players won't be left out of the mix, though they will also enjoy a different beta run from the PS4 and PC players.
Speaking with Total Xbox, DICE General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson has already confirmed the new closed beta and specified that Xbox beta will be differet.
"We will have a beta on all platforms before release. But it won't be this beta on Xbox. It's not going to be the same version, just to be clear," he said in an interview with Total Xbox.
"We do it because we want their feedback of course, but also because in the background we are testing various things. We're going to continue doing more tests like this."
This is a good move, especially after "Battlefield 4" has encountered the string of problems and issues during its final and retail run. In development, Visceral Games is the main developer, though DICE is still doing some work with "Battlefield Hardline."
There are no details yet of the new closed beta, but since "Battlefield Hardline" is still looking at four months before its release on October 21, there's plenty of time to launch it.
As for those who are already part of the "Battlefield Hardline" beta, there are a few challenges and missions already underway, as announced via the Battlefield Blog.
"Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" Multiplayer: New and Rad
On the arena of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," the developers are also bent on making the multiplayer aspect of the game into something intense and "radically innovative," which will highlight the experience of it being a welcome break from the battlefield experience in the COD franchise.
Sledgehammer Games is taking a different approach with "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" in the sense that it's a futuristic battleground that brings it closer to the likes of "Titanfall" (which it has been compared to time and again) with its new armor and vehicles, exosuits, and power-ups for players.
As far as the multiplayer goes, PlayStation Universe reports that Sledgehammer Games has confirmed that it's a new experience for gamers overall.
"When you play it, can't wait for you to do it, it'll feel like multiplayer... but it'll be the most radically innovative new way to play Call of Duty multiplayer that you have seen in a long time," said Michael Condrey of Sledgehammer Games in a forum interview as quoted by PlayStation Universe.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 Released: The 5 Biggest and Best Smartphones Of 2014: Their Best Features And Price Comparisons
- Xbox One News: Playable Games In Browser And Possible ‘Gears of War’ Exclusivity Reported
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date