Android 4.4 Kitkat Update Roundups: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE, Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 and Huawei Ascend P6
By Gel Galang | June 17, 2014 11:42 AM EST
More handsets and devices are currently enjoying the sweet taste of Google's latest Android 4.4 Kitkat update. And while this may not be the latest version for Kitkat, it does give more Android owners the chance to upgrade their OS.
Samsung flags are set up at the main entrance to the Berlin fair ground before the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin in this August 28, 2012 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Tobias Schwarz
One of these devices is the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini LTE Black Edition (GT-I9195). Sam Mobile reports that even this very targeted-released device will even be getting the Android 4.4 Kitkat, which can mean that Samsung is considering a lot of its devices for the upgrade.
The report adds that those in Belgium and with the Proximus provider are the first ones to get the update, though the report states that there are no sure reports if over the air (OTA) downloads is already available. However, if you are used to Samsung Kies updates or manual updating, then that method can also be used.
Lenovo Yoga Tablets
Moving away from smartphones, you also have two of Lenovo's Yoga tablets getting the Android 4.4 Kitkat treatment. As of this month, it seems that the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8 is already on the list for the Android 4.4 Kitkat update.
GSM Arena reports that the update is 450MB in size and can be downloaded OTA. But if you own the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 8, make sure that you back up your files and data, because according to GadgetMTech, your desktop configuration and data will be erased.
The Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 is also slated to receive the Android 4.4 Kitkat update, as there are already official ROMs on the Internet, but don't expect to download it just yet as it's not available via the OTA update.
Huawei Ascend P6
Making the shift from the out-of-the-box Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean to the Android 4.4 Kitkat update is the Huawei Ascend P6.
The rollout of the Android 4.4 Kitkat has already begun in Europe, and will bring in the redesigned task bar, better SMS options, wireless printing support, and exclusive to Huawei would be the updated Huawei Emotions UI 2.3, reports Geeky-Gadgets.
Expect all the other new additions coming with the Android 4.4 Kitkat update to debut on the Huawei Ascend P6, including the Phone manager app, new camera filters and camera watermark, and overall performance booster and faster PIN unlock.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales