Ellen DeGeneres’ Dad Denies Kicking Her Out After Admitting She’s a Lesbian, Approves of Her Marriage to Portia de Rossi
By Anne Lu | June 17, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Ellen DeGeneres’ dad approves of her wife Portia de Rossi. Elliott Degeneres refuted ex-wife Betty’s claim that he kicked their daughter out of his home when she came out as a lesbian.
In her book published in 2000, Betty alleged that Elliott could not accept that their daughter was gay so he kicked her out of their house when she came out.
Ellen Degeneres takes the stage to host the show at the start of the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
“Betty wrote that Elliott couldn’t handle it when Ellen came out to the family in the 1970s and that his new wife Virginia even kicked their daughter out of their home,” a source told Star magazine.
However, Elliott said that that isn’t true. In fact, he loves his daughter “very, very, very much.”
“Everything is fine between us. I see her all the time,” he said.
He also approves of 56-year-old Ellen’s marriage to Australian actress Portia de Rossi, whom she married in 2008 in the U.S.
His second wife Virginia also praised their daughter-in-law, saying the 41-year-old “Arrested Development” star is “so wonderful” and “very kind and beautiful and generous.”
“She’s just perfection... you can’t improve on perfection.”
Elliott and Virginia were at Ellen and Portia’s wedding, which Virginia described as “sublime” and “spectacular.”
There are lingering reports that the lesbian couple’s happy marriage isn’t all that. Apparently, Portia wanted kids, but Ellen didn’t. When Ellen finally agreed to adopting a kid or having one through surrogacy, she changed her mind, forcing Portia to walk out of their home.
But Virginia refuted the rumours, telling the National Enquirer, “I mean, who’s going to start having children at 56?”
Ellen and Portia reportedly wanted to fight the rumours by getting married again. The couple, who got married on Aug 16, 2008, are said to be organising a lavish vow renewal ceremony in Sydney.
“The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do,” Ellen told People magazine in March.
“She’s so funny, really smart, talented and kind. I love her so much it kills me.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report