Ellen DeGeneres’ Dad Denies Kicking Her Out After Admitting She’s a Lesbian, Approves of Her Marriage to Portia de Rossi
By Anne Lu | June 17, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Ellen DeGeneres’ dad approves of her wife Portia de Rossi. Elliott Degeneres refuted ex-wife Betty’s claim that he kicked their daughter out of his home when she came out as a lesbian.
In her book published in 2000, Betty alleged that Elliott could not accept that their daughter was gay so he kicked her out of their house when she came out.
Ellen Degeneres takes the stage to host the show at the start of the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
“Betty wrote that Elliott couldn’t handle it when Ellen came out to the family in the 1970s and that his new wife Virginia even kicked their daughter out of their home,” a source told Star magazine.
However, Elliott said that that isn’t true. In fact, he loves his daughter “very, very, very much.”
“Everything is fine between us. I see her all the time,” he said.
He also approves of 56-year-old Ellen’s marriage to Australian actress Portia de Rossi, whom she married in 2008 in the U.S.
His second wife Virginia also praised their daughter-in-law, saying the 41-year-old “Arrested Development” star is “so wonderful” and “very kind and beautiful and generous.”
“She’s just perfection... you can’t improve on perfection.”
Elliott and Virginia were at Ellen and Portia’s wedding, which Virginia described as “sublime” and “spectacular.”
There are lingering reports that the lesbian couple’s happy marriage isn’t all that. Apparently, Portia wanted kids, but Ellen didn’t. When Ellen finally agreed to adopting a kid or having one through surrogacy, she changed her mind, forcing Portia to walk out of their home.
But Virginia refuted the rumours, telling the National Enquirer, “I mean, who’s going to start having children at 56?”
Ellen and Portia reportedly wanted to fight the rumours by getting married again. The couple, who got married on Aug 16, 2008, are said to be organising a lavish vow renewal ceremony in Sydney.
“The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do,” Ellen told People magazine in March.
“She’s so funny, really smart, talented and kind. I love her so much it kills me.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary