Ellen DeGeneres’ Dad Denies Kicking Her Out After Admitting She’s a Lesbian, Approves of Her Marriage to Portia de Rossi
By Anne Lu | June 17, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Ellen DeGeneres’ dad approves of her wife Portia de Rossi. Elliott Degeneres refuted ex-wife Betty’s claim that he kicked their daughter out of his home when she came out as a lesbian.
In her book published in 2000, Betty alleged that Elliott could not accept that their daughter was gay so he kicked her out of their house when she came out.
Ellen Degeneres takes the stage to host the show at the start of the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
“Betty wrote that Elliott couldn’t handle it when Ellen came out to the family in the 1970s and that his new wife Virginia even kicked their daughter out of their home,” a source told Star magazine.
However, Elliott said that that isn’t true. In fact, he loves his daughter “very, very, very much.”
“Everything is fine between us. I see her all the time,” he said.
He also approves of 56-year-old Ellen’s marriage to Australian actress Portia de Rossi, whom she married in 2008 in the U.S.
His second wife Virginia also praised their daughter-in-law, saying the 41-year-old “Arrested Development” star is “so wonderful” and “very kind and beautiful and generous.”
“She’s just perfection... you can’t improve on perfection.”
Elliott and Virginia were at Ellen and Portia’s wedding, which Virginia described as “sublime” and “spectacular.”
There are lingering reports that the lesbian couple’s happy marriage isn’t all that. Apparently, Portia wanted kids, but Ellen didn’t. When Ellen finally agreed to adopting a kid or having one through surrogacy, she changed her mind, forcing Portia to walk out of their home.
But Virginia refuted the rumours, telling the National Enquirer, “I mean, who’s going to start having children at 56?”
Ellen and Portia reportedly wanted to fight the rumours by getting married again. The couple, who got married on Aug 16, 2008, are said to be organising a lavish vow renewal ceremony in Sydney.
“The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do,” Ellen told People magazine in March.
“She’s so funny, really smart, talented and kind. I love her so much it kills me.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia