Ellen DeGeneres’ Dad Denies Kicking Her Out After Admitting She’s a Lesbian, Approves of Her Marriage to Portia de Rossi
By Anne Lu | June 17, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Ellen DeGeneres’ dad approves of her wife Portia de Rossi. Elliott Degeneres refuted ex-wife Betty’s claim that he kicked their daughter out of his home when she came out as a lesbian.
In her book published in 2000, Betty alleged that Elliott could not accept that their daughter was gay so he kicked her out of their house when she came out.
Ellen Degeneres takes the stage to host the show at the start of the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
“Betty wrote that Elliott couldn’t handle it when Ellen came out to the family in the 1970s and that his new wife Virginia even kicked their daughter out of their home,” a source told Star magazine.
However, Elliott said that that isn’t true. In fact, he loves his daughter “very, very, very much.”
“Everything is fine between us. I see her all the time,” he said.
He also approves of 56-year-old Ellen’s marriage to Australian actress Portia de Rossi, whom she married in 2008 in the U.S.
His second wife Virginia also praised their daughter-in-law, saying the 41-year-old “Arrested Development” star is “so wonderful” and “very kind and beautiful and generous.”
“She’s just perfection... you can’t improve on perfection.”
Elliott and Virginia were at Ellen and Portia’s wedding, which Virginia described as “sublime” and “spectacular.”
There are lingering reports that the lesbian couple’s happy marriage isn’t all that. Apparently, Portia wanted kids, but Ellen didn’t. When Ellen finally agreed to adopting a kid or having one through surrogacy, she changed her mind, forcing Portia to walk out of their home.
But Virginia refuted the rumours, telling the National Enquirer, “I mean, who’s going to start having children at 56?”
Ellen and Portia reportedly wanted to fight the rumours by getting married again. The couple, who got married on Aug 16, 2008, are said to be organising a lavish vow renewal ceremony in Sydney.
“The truth is, and this is corny, I fall more in love with Portia all the time. I really do,” Ellen told People magazine in March.
“She’s so funny, really smart, talented and kind. I love her so much it kills me.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko