Ryan Gosling Father’s Day Hoax: Prank Claims Actor Adopted A Baby Boy
By Anne Lu | June 17, 2014 9:29 AM EST
Ryan Gosling becoming a new father is just a hoax. On Father’s Day, a Facebook post allegedly written by the 33-year-old Canadian actor himself has become viral, claiming that he has adopted a nine-month old baby.
Director Ryan Gosling poses on the red carpet as he arrives for the screening of the film "Lost River" in competition for the category "Un Certain Regard" at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 20, 2014. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard
An unverified Facebook page named Real Ryan Gosling has caused quite a stir on Sunday when an alleged revelation from the “Lost River” star was posted.
According to the post, which includes a picture of Ryan with a baby, the actor took care of a nine-month-old baby after his mum died from cancer. However, a year after he adopted the boy, the biological dad showed up. And even though he put up a fight for the boy’s custody, the father won.
“This father’s day, I’ve decided to tell the story of how I became a father. This little guy was only months old when I became his dad. His mum and I were great friends before she passed away from cancer,” the actor allegedly wrote.
“I promised her, I’d always look after him. So, I had decided to step up and become his dad. He brought me so much joy. He was my everything. 1 year later after the adoption, his biological father wanted him.
“Of course, I put up a fight, but he won. That 1 year of being his father taught me how to love unconditionally. We have to stop and be thankful for our children and children should stop and be thankful for their parents. What I truly learned most of all is, every child needs love.”
A link was also added at the end of the message, though it has since been deleted. The link provided users a chance to “save thousands of children and meet me while doing it,” and had redirected users to a site offering fans to buy a “Young Wild & Free” t-shirt.
The post has garnered over 940,000 likes from fans, who expressed their support for Ryan.
“I would never let my biological father live that down.... Whaaat you took me away from Ryan gosling!” one Facebook user wrote.
“Great, now I’m gay,” another one, a male, wrote.
However, it is highly doubtful that the post was written by the real Ryan Gosling. The actor, who has been dating Eva Mendes since 2011, has always maintained his privacy, refusing to comment on his personal life and relationships.
As various media noted, it is most likely just a prank because the page has not been verified by the Facebook team. It’s unclear as well if the page is really Ryan’s, and a hacker just hacked the account to post the message.
Previous posts on the page include pictures of the actor posing with his mum, his frequent co-star Emma Stone and his fans, giving the illusion that it is an official account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon