Ryan Gosling Father’s Day Hoax: Prank Claims Actor Adopted A Baby Boy
By Anne Lu | June 17, 2014 9:29 AM EST
Ryan Gosling becoming a new father is just a hoax. On Father’s Day, a Facebook post allegedly written by the 33-year-old Canadian actor himself has become viral, claiming that he has adopted a nine-month old baby.
Director Ryan Gosling poses on the red carpet as he arrives for the screening of the film "Lost River" in competition for the category "Un Certain Regard" at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 20, 2014. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard
An unverified Facebook page named Real Ryan Gosling has caused quite a stir on Sunday when an alleged revelation from the “Lost River” star was posted.
According to the post, which includes a picture of Ryan with a baby, the actor took care of a nine-month-old baby after his mum died from cancer. However, a year after he adopted the boy, the biological dad showed up. And even though he put up a fight for the boy’s custody, the father won.
“This father’s day, I’ve decided to tell the story of how I became a father. This little guy was only months old when I became his dad. His mum and I were great friends before she passed away from cancer,” the actor allegedly wrote.
“I promised her, I’d always look after him. So, I had decided to step up and become his dad. He brought me so much joy. He was my everything. 1 year later after the adoption, his biological father wanted him.
“Of course, I put up a fight, but he won. That 1 year of being his father taught me how to love unconditionally. We have to stop and be thankful for our children and children should stop and be thankful for their parents. What I truly learned most of all is, every child needs love.”
A link was also added at the end of the message, though it has since been deleted. The link provided users a chance to “save thousands of children and meet me while doing it,” and had redirected users to a site offering fans to buy a “Young Wild & Free” t-shirt.
The post has garnered over 940,000 likes from fans, who expressed their support for Ryan.
“I would never let my biological father live that down.... Whaaat you took me away from Ryan gosling!” one Facebook user wrote.
“Great, now I’m gay,” another one, a male, wrote.
However, it is highly doubtful that the post was written by the real Ryan Gosling. The actor, who has been dating Eva Mendes since 2011, has always maintained his privacy, refusing to comment on his personal life and relationships.
As various media noted, it is most likely just a prank because the page has not been verified by the Facebook team. It’s unclear as well if the page is really Ryan’s, and a hacker just hacked the account to post the message.
Previous posts on the page include pictures of the actor posing with his mum, his frequent co-star Emma Stone and his fans, giving the illusion that it is an official account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery