Ryan Gosling Father’s Day Hoax: Prank Claims Actor Adopted A Baby Boy
By Anne Lu | June 17, 2014 9:29 AM EST
Ryan Gosling becoming a new father is just a hoax. On Father’s Day, a Facebook post allegedly written by the 33-year-old Canadian actor himself has become viral, claiming that he has adopted a nine-month old baby.
Director Ryan Gosling poses on the red carpet as he arrives for the screening of the film "Lost River" in competition for the category "Un Certain Regard" at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 20, 2014. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard
An unverified Facebook page named Real Ryan Gosling has caused quite a stir on Sunday when an alleged revelation from the “Lost River” star was posted.
According to the post, which includes a picture of Ryan with a baby, the actor took care of a nine-month-old baby after his mum died from cancer. However, a year after he adopted the boy, the biological dad showed up. And even though he put up a fight for the boy’s custody, the father won.
“This father’s day, I’ve decided to tell the story of how I became a father. This little guy was only months old when I became his dad. His mum and I were great friends before she passed away from cancer,” the actor allegedly wrote.
“I promised her, I’d always look after him. So, I had decided to step up and become his dad. He brought me so much joy. He was my everything. 1 year later after the adoption, his biological father wanted him.
“Of course, I put up a fight, but he won. That 1 year of being his father taught me how to love unconditionally. We have to stop and be thankful for our children and children should stop and be thankful for their parents. What I truly learned most of all is, every child needs love.”
A link was also added at the end of the message, though it has since been deleted. The link provided users a chance to “save thousands of children and meet me while doing it,” and had redirected users to a site offering fans to buy a “Young Wild & Free” t-shirt.
The post has garnered over 940,000 likes from fans, who expressed their support for Ryan.
“I would never let my biological father live that down.... Whaaat you took me away from Ryan gosling!” one Facebook user wrote.
“Great, now I’m gay,” another one, a male, wrote.
However, it is highly doubtful that the post was written by the real Ryan Gosling. The actor, who has been dating Eva Mendes since 2011, has always maintained his privacy, refusing to comment on his personal life and relationships.
As various media noted, it is most likely just a prank because the page has not been verified by the Facebook team. It’s unclear as well if the page is really Ryan’s, and a hacker just hacked the account to post the message.
Previous posts on the page include pictures of the actor posing with his mum, his frequent co-star Emma Stone and his fans, giving the illusion that it is an official account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’