Ryan Gosling Father’s Day Hoax: Prank Claims Actor Adopted A Baby Boy
By Anne Lu | June 17, 2014 9:29 AM EST
Ryan Gosling becoming a new father is just a hoax. On Father’s Day, a Facebook post allegedly written by the 33-year-old Canadian actor himself has become viral, claiming that he has adopted a nine-month old baby.
Director Ryan Gosling poses on the red carpet as he arrives for the screening of the film "Lost River" in competition for the category "Un Certain Regard" at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 20, 2014. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard
An unverified Facebook page named Real Ryan Gosling has caused quite a stir on Sunday when an alleged revelation from the “Lost River” star was posted.
According to the post, which includes a picture of Ryan with a baby, the actor took care of a nine-month-old baby after his mum died from cancer. However, a year after he adopted the boy, the biological dad showed up. And even though he put up a fight for the boy’s custody, the father won.
“This father’s day, I’ve decided to tell the story of how I became a father. This little guy was only months old when I became his dad. His mum and I were great friends before she passed away from cancer,” the actor allegedly wrote.
“I promised her, I’d always look after him. So, I had decided to step up and become his dad. He brought me so much joy. He was my everything. 1 year later after the adoption, his biological father wanted him.
“Of course, I put up a fight, but he won. That 1 year of being his father taught me how to love unconditionally. We have to stop and be thankful for our children and children should stop and be thankful for their parents. What I truly learned most of all is, every child needs love.”
A link was also added at the end of the message, though it has since been deleted. The link provided users a chance to “save thousands of children and meet me while doing it,” and had redirected users to a site offering fans to buy a “Young Wild & Free” t-shirt.
The post has garnered over 940,000 likes from fans, who expressed their support for Ryan.
“I would never let my biological father live that down.... Whaaat you took me away from Ryan gosling!” one Facebook user wrote.
“Great, now I’m gay,” another one, a male, wrote.
However, it is highly doubtful that the post was written by the real Ryan Gosling. The actor, who has been dating Eva Mendes since 2011, has always maintained his privacy, refusing to comment on his personal life and relationships.
As various media noted, it is most likely just a prank because the page has not been verified by the Facebook team. It’s unclear as well if the page is really Ryan’s, and a hacker just hacked the account to post the message.
Previous posts on the page include pictures of the actor posing with his mum, his frequent co-star Emma Stone and his fans, giving the illusion that it is an official account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft