‘Sherlock’ Update: Main Reason for Delay in Production of Season 4
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 17, 2014 8:41 AM EST
There is still a big question mark on when "Sherlock" Season 4 will begin production. The actors as well as the writers have mega-busy schedules and "Sherlock" is not the only show, or movie, on their minds. Thanks to the phenomenal success of "Sherlock," Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have emerged as the most sought out actors both in the U.S. and UK. According to media reports, the main reason for the delay in production is the busy acting schedules of these two actors.
In one of the interviews, Martin Freeman had indicated that the original schedule to begin the shooting of "Sherlock" Season 4 was in autumn 2014. It seems the original plan could not turn into actual filming because of the non-availability of the cast.
"Conversations are still ongoing regarding Sherlock's return. Steven Moffat has already said that he has mapped out a fourth series, but it is always depending on cast availability," a source had said to Mirror Online in April.
Mark Gatiss and Moffat, co-creators of "Sherlock," have not only mapped out Season 4 of "Sherlock" but Season 5, as well. But, these two writers are also very-well aware that Cumberbatch and Freeman are currently the most in demand actors in Hollywood and Britain.
"Everyone is very keen to do more, but we have accidentally cast the two most successful actors in the world and schedules are tight," the creators had said after the telecast of Season 3 finale.
In a recent report, RadioTimes.com speculated that there is a possibility that "Sherlock" Season 4 will begin production in 2015 and the much-anticipated season will be telecast at the end of the year. "It will not be this year -- but 2015 is very much the hope and expectation," a source said to RadioTimes.com while speaking about the Season 4 production and telecast status.
At BAFTA's Awards, Gatiss said that they are close to agreeing on the production schedules for Season 4.
Despite what the sources tells, "Sherlock" Season 4 is unlikely to get a broadcast date before 2016. And seeing the signing spree of Cumberbatch and Freeman, it may not come as a surprise to anyone if the waiting period for the premiere episode of Season 4 gets longer.
Recently, it was reported that Cumberbatch will be doing voice-work in the movie "The Penguins of Madagascar." The actor will be taking-up the role of Classified, "a dashing-looking wolf with a serious set of eyebrows, in the next instalment of the Madagascar movies, according to The Guardian.
Meanwhile, Freeman is currently starring in FX's anthology series "Fargo."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles