‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4: Five Reasons Why Tyrion Lannister is the Best Character in the Show
By Riza Ornos | June 17, 2014 8:38 AM EST
Best known for his character as Tyrion Lannister in HBO's epic fantasy series "Game of Thrones," Peter Dinklage's outstanding performance in the fourth season of the show might earn him another Emmy nomination. One of the most loved character in the series, Tyrion is the youngest child of Tywin Lannister and because he is a dwarf he is mockingly called the Imp.
Peter Dinklage, winner of the award for best performance by an actor in a supporting role in a series, mini-series or motion picture made for television, for "Game of Thrones," poses backstage at the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, Calif, Jan 15, 2012.
Shrewd, educated and calculating, but thanks to his deformity he was never respected by his intelligence especially by his father. Capable of cruelty for those who deserve it, Tyrion also has a heart that shows sympathy for the outcast and mistreated as he sees himself as one of them.
Dubbed as the show's best season finale, Season 4 "The Children" sees Tyrion (Spoiler Alert) killing his own father thanks to Jaime who helped him escape. Wrongly accused for poisoning the boy king, he was put into trial where he demanded a trial by combat after hearing Shae testifying against him, only to be disappointed again when Prince Oberyn Martell was killed by The Mountain during the brawl.
Now that season 4 is behind us, Season 5 will bring a new beginning for Tyrion as he fled away from Kings Landing with a new name under his belt, kinslayer and Kingslayer. What happened during the finale only shows that Tyrion is not just an Imp in the game of thrones but he is someone to be feared for he has the deadliest weapon of all, his intelligence.
Here are the five reasons why Tyrion Lannister is the best character in the show.
1. He is the only one who slapped Joffrey, not just once but twice. The first one was in Winterfell when he instructed his nephew to give his condolences to the Stark after Bran's injury. The second epic slap was in King Landing when Joffrey was already a king.
2. When he gave Jon Snow the best advice ever. "Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you," Tyrion said to Jon when he visited The Wall.
3. He is the brain behind the victory at the Battle of the Blackwater. Thanks to him Kings Landing did not fall in the hands of Stannis Baratheon and that epic battle cost half of his nose.
4. He is the only one who can speak his mind in front of Cersie and knows the real truth about his twin brother and sister.
5. When he told everyone that he wish he murdered the king and everyone in the room during his trial. "I wish I was the monster you think I am. I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you. I would gladly give my life to watch you swallow it," he said out of rage when he was wrongfully convicted.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’