World Cup Live Stream: USA vs. Ghana – Preview, TV Schedule, Radio Streaming, Live Score, Lineups, Stats & Gamecast
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 17, 2014 7:10 AM EST
The United States men's national football team will embark in its first major test in the group death, as they take on former World Cup conqueror Ghana on Monday at 6:00 pm EST (8:00 am Sydney Time) at Estadio Das Dunas in Natal, Brazil.
Jun 7, 2014; Jacksonville, FL, USA; (Editors note: Caption correction) United States forward Jozy Altidore (17) scores a goal as Nigeria defender Joseph Yobo (2) attempted to defend during the second half at EverBank Field. United States defeated Nigeria 2-1.
Four years since they got booted out of the World Cup in the round-of-16, the Yankees are all set to exact revenge against the Ghana squad which has been their executioner for the past two World Cup stints.
Winners of 11 qualifiers en route to Brazil, the Americans are thrilled to represent their country in what is perhaps the greatest sporting spectacle in the world.
"For one month every four years, the world stops, everybody is watching," team captain Michael Bradley said in an interview with CNN. "To have the opportunity to represent our country, to wear our colours, there's nothing else like it."
However, the chance of USA progressing to the knockout rounds seems so remote, after being placed into what football analysts dubbed the group of death (Group G).
German head coach Jurgen Klinsmann isn't quite optimistic on the idea of winning the World Cup this year, though surprises could happen, especially if his team managed to come out of the group.
"For us now talking about winning a World Cup, it's just not realistic. First we've got to make it through the group. So let's keep our feet on the ground and say, let's get that group first done, and then the sky is the limit."
The wet weather will also be an issue in the upcoming showdown between USA and Ghana. According to CNN correspondent Lara Baldesarra, the complexion of the game could change in a blink of an eye if the rain becomes a factor.
When there's rain in a soccer game, it means that it's pretty much an equaliser a lot of the time," Baldesarra said. "Anything can happen."
Ghana's Probable Starting Lineup (4-2-3-1): Adam Kwarasey (GK); Kwadwo Asamoah, Jonathan Mensah, John Boye, Harrison Afful; Michael Essien, Sulley Muntari; Kevin-Prince Boateng, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew; Asamoah Gyan (C)
USA's Probable Starting Lineup (4-3-1-2): Tim Howard (GK); Fabian Johnson, DaMarcus Beasley, Geoff Cameron, Matt Besler; Jermaine Jones, Kyle Beckerman, Michael Bradley; Alejandro Bedoya; Clint Dempsey (C), Jozy Altidore
Live Streaming Information
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks