World Cup Live Stream: USA vs. Ghana – Preview, TV Schedule, Radio Streaming, Live Score, Lineups, Stats & Gamecast
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 17, 2014 7:10 AM EST
The United States men's national football team will embark in its first major test in the group death, as they take on former World Cup conqueror Ghana on Monday at 6:00 pm EST (8:00 am Sydney Time) at Estadio Das Dunas in Natal, Brazil.
Jun 7, 2014; Jacksonville, FL, USA; (Editors note: Caption correction) United States forward Jozy Altidore (17) scores a goal as Nigeria defender Joseph Yobo (2) attempted to defend during the second half at EverBank Field. United States defeated Nigeria 2-1.
Four years since they got booted out of the World Cup in the round-of-16, the Yankees are all set to exact revenge against the Ghana squad which has been their executioner for the past two World Cup stints.
Winners of 11 qualifiers en route to Brazil, the Americans are thrilled to represent their country in what is perhaps the greatest sporting spectacle in the world.
"For one month every four years, the world stops, everybody is watching," team captain Michael Bradley said in an interview with CNN. "To have the opportunity to represent our country, to wear our colours, there's nothing else like it."
However, the chance of USA progressing to the knockout rounds seems so remote, after being placed into what football analysts dubbed the group of death (Group G).
German head coach Jurgen Klinsmann isn't quite optimistic on the idea of winning the World Cup this year, though surprises could happen, especially if his team managed to come out of the group.
"For us now talking about winning a World Cup, it's just not realistic. First we've got to make it through the group. So let's keep our feet on the ground and say, let's get that group first done, and then the sky is the limit."
The wet weather will also be an issue in the upcoming showdown between USA and Ghana. According to CNN correspondent Lara Baldesarra, the complexion of the game could change in a blink of an eye if the rain becomes a factor.
When there's rain in a soccer game, it means that it's pretty much an equaliser a lot of the time," Baldesarra said. "Anything can happen."
Ghana's Probable Starting Lineup (4-2-3-1): Adam Kwarasey (GK); Kwadwo Asamoah, Jonathan Mensah, John Boye, Harrison Afful; Michael Essien, Sulley Muntari; Kevin-Prince Boateng, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew; Asamoah Gyan (C)
USA's Probable Starting Lineup (4-3-1-2): Tim Howard (GK); Fabian Johnson, DaMarcus Beasley, Geoff Cameron, Matt Besler; Jermaine Jones, Kyle Beckerman, Michael Bradley; Alejandro Bedoya; Clint Dempsey (C), Jozy Altidore
Live Streaming Information
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch