World Cup Live Stream: Iran vs. Nigeria Preview, Schedule and Betting Odds
By James Patrick Quizon | June 17, 2014 5:25 AM EST
Iran's players run during a training session of the Arena Baixada soccer stadium in Curitiba, June 15, 2014. The stadium will host the first of four 2014 World Cup matches on June 16.
Team Melli is the underdog in this match-up at 3.32 to win the match while the Super Eagles are priced at 1.30 to get full three points.
Iran battles not only the Nigerians and their group-mates as they have some internal distractions to tackle as well.
“Before crucial qualifying games against Qatar and South Korea, which were played in extreme conditions of humidity, the equipment delivered was not proper. This could have put Iran out of the World Cup,” shared Iran manager Carlos Queiroz in a The Guardian article.
“It has been alleged, was to order poor-quality kit that the federation president, Ali Kafashian, has advised players to wash in cold water to prevent shrinkage. Players have also been asked not to exchange shirts with the likes of Lionel Messi because replacements are in short supply,” stated in the same report.
“When Queiroz first called me up, I accepted straight away. It is a huge honour to be brought into the national set-up by such a great coach,” shared goalkeeper Daniel Davari in the tournament’s official website. “Queiroz gives off positive vibes. I’ve worked with many different coaches in Germany, and I’ve seen a lot of things, but I’ve really benefitted from Queiroz’s experience.”
Nigeria haven’t had any kind of momentum entering their opening assignment— they lost to the United States of America and drew with Scotland and Greece in friendly matches before their trip to Brazil.
Potential Starting 11:
Nigeria (4-3-3): Vincent Enyeama; Juwon Oshaniwa, Godfrey Obabona, Kenneth Omeruo, Efe Ambrose; John Obi Mikel, Ogenyi Onazi, Ramon Azeez; Victor Moses, Emmanuel Emenike, Ahmed Musa
Iran (4-4-1-1): Daniel Davari; Mehrdad Pooladi, Amir Sadeghi, Jalal Hosseini, Steven Beitashour; Masoud Shojaei, Jevad Nekounam, Andranik Teymourian, Alireza Jahanbakhsh; Ashkan Dejagah; Reza Ghoochannejhad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko