Michael Schumacher ‘Out of Coma’ and Has Left Grenoble Hospital, Manager Sabine Kehm Says
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 16, 2014 10:24 PM EST
Michael Schumacher is "out of coma," according to his manager Sabine Kehm. This is great news for all the fans, followers, and former colleagues of the German ace and seven-time world champion who continue to pray for his recovery.
"Michael has left the CHU Grenoble to continue his long phase of rehabilitation," Kehm said in a statement as reported by BBC. "He is not in coma anymore," she added.
"For the future, we ask the understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye," Kehm stated.
Kehm made the official announcement on June 16.
Schumacher's family is reportedly thankful of all those people who spared a thought and prayed for the Formula One (F1) champion's recovery. "We are sure it helped him." The 45-year-old retired racer's family also "praised" the outstanding work of doctors and specialists in University Hospital of Grenoble where Schumacher spent more than five months after he was put in a medically-induced coma.
German news outlet Bild.de reported that Schumacher is "increasingly becoming receptive with people around him."
A hospital spokesperson further confirmed the great news. "Mr. Schumacher was taken today in the morning," Darcy Christians told Bild.de. "His family is with him, in a specially-designated place for their privacy, which in turn should allow for the best possible medical care as with any patient."
"We want to respect medical secrecy."
Overwhelming reactions from people about Schumacher's awakening are currently making rounds in social media.
German athlete Lukas Podolski, who once paid tribute to Schumacher, tweeted his delight.
The latest on Michael Schumacher is very encouraging. His manager stating "he's no longer in a coma". Keep on fighting Michael!!— Leigh Diffey (@leighdiffey) June 16, 2014
Schumacher was put in a medically-induced coma after suffering brain trauma in a skiing accident in Meribel resort in France back in December.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports