Michael Schumacher ‘Out of Coma’ and Has Left Grenoble Hospital, Manager Sabine Kehm Says
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 16, 2014 10:24 PM EST
Michael Schumacher is "out of coma," according to his manager Sabine Kehm. This is great news for all the fans, followers, and former colleagues of the German ace and seven-time world champion who continue to pray for his recovery.
"Michael has left the CHU Grenoble to continue his long phase of rehabilitation," Kehm said in a statement as reported by BBC. "He is not in coma anymore," she added.
"For the future, we ask the understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye," Kehm stated.
Kehm made the official announcement on June 16.
Schumacher's family is reportedly thankful of all those people who spared a thought and prayed for the Formula One (F1) champion's recovery. "We are sure it helped him." The 45-year-old retired racer's family also "praised" the outstanding work of doctors and specialists in University Hospital of Grenoble where Schumacher spent more than five months after he was put in a medically-induced coma.
German news outlet Bild.de reported that Schumacher is "increasingly becoming receptive with people around him."
A hospital spokesperson further confirmed the great news. "Mr. Schumacher was taken today in the morning," Darcy Christians told Bild.de. "His family is with him, in a specially-designated place for their privacy, which in turn should allow for the best possible medical care as with any patient."
"We want to respect medical secrecy."
Overwhelming reactions from people about Schumacher's awakening are currently making rounds in social media.
German athlete Lukas Podolski, who once paid tribute to Schumacher, tweeted his delight.
The latest on Michael Schumacher is very encouraging. His manager stating "he's no longer in a coma". Keep on fighting Michael!!— Leigh Diffey (@leighdiffey) June 16, 2014
Schumacher was put in a medically-induced coma after suffering brain trauma in a skiing accident in Meribel resort in France back in December.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans