Michael Schumacher ‘Out of Coma’ and Has Left Grenoble Hospital, Manager Sabine Kehm Says
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 16, 2014 10:24 PM EST
Michael Schumacher is "out of coma," according to his manager Sabine Kehm. This is great news for all the fans, followers, and former colleagues of the German ace and seven-time world champion who continue to pray for his recovery.
"Michael has left the CHU Grenoble to continue his long phase of rehabilitation," Kehm said in a statement as reported by BBC. "He is not in coma anymore," she added.
"For the future, we ask the understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye," Kehm stated.
Kehm made the official announcement on June 16.
Schumacher's family is reportedly thankful of all those people who spared a thought and prayed for the Formula One (F1) champion's recovery. "We are sure it helped him." The 45-year-old retired racer's family also "praised" the outstanding work of doctors and specialists in University Hospital of Grenoble where Schumacher spent more than five months after he was put in a medically-induced coma.
German news outlet Bild.de reported that Schumacher is "increasingly becoming receptive with people around him."
A hospital spokesperson further confirmed the great news. "Mr. Schumacher was taken today in the morning," Darcy Christians told Bild.de. "His family is with him, in a specially-designated place for their privacy, which in turn should allow for the best possible medical care as with any patient."
"We want to respect medical secrecy."
Overwhelming reactions from people about Schumacher's awakening are currently making rounds in social media.
German athlete Lukas Podolski, who once paid tribute to Schumacher, tweeted his delight.
The latest on Michael Schumacher is very encouraging. His manager stating "he's no longer in a coma". Keep on fighting Michael!!— Leigh Diffey (@leighdiffey) June 16, 2014
Schumacher was put in a medically-induced coma after suffering brain trauma in a skiing accident in Meribel resort in France back in December.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar