Michael Schumacher ‘Out of Coma’ and Has Left Grenoble Hospital, Manager Sabine Kehm Says
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 16, 2014 10:24 PM EST
Michael Schumacher is "out of coma," according to his manager Sabine Kehm. This is great news for all the fans, followers, and former colleagues of the German ace and seven-time world champion who continue to pray for his recovery.
"Michael has left the CHU Grenoble to continue his long phase of rehabilitation," Kehm said in a statement as reported by BBC. "He is not in coma anymore," she added.
"For the future, we ask the understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye," Kehm stated.
Kehm made the official announcement on June 16.
Schumacher's family is reportedly thankful of all those people who spared a thought and prayed for the Formula One (F1) champion's recovery. "We are sure it helped him." The 45-year-old retired racer's family also "praised" the outstanding work of doctors and specialists in University Hospital of Grenoble where Schumacher spent more than five months after he was put in a medically-induced coma.
German news outlet Bild.de reported that Schumacher is "increasingly becoming receptive with people around him."
A hospital spokesperson further confirmed the great news. "Mr. Schumacher was taken today in the morning," Darcy Christians told Bild.de. "His family is with him, in a specially-designated place for their privacy, which in turn should allow for the best possible medical care as with any patient."
"We want to respect medical secrecy."
Overwhelming reactions from people about Schumacher's awakening are currently making rounds in social media.
German athlete Lukas Podolski, who once paid tribute to Schumacher, tweeted his delight.
The latest on Michael Schumacher is very encouraging. His manager stating "he's no longer in a coma". Keep on fighting Michael!!— Leigh Diffey (@leighdiffey) June 16, 2014
Schumacher was put in a medically-induced coma after suffering brain trauma in a skiing accident in Meribel resort in France back in December.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery