Arsenal FC Transfer News: On-Loan Gunners Winger Confirms Emirates Return
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 16, 2014 9:36 PM EST
Arsenal winger Joel Campbell, who is on-loan with Greek champions Olympiakos, confirmed that he will return to the Emirates as his contract is set to expire this June.
The 21-year-old is currently representing Costa Rica in the World Cup in Brazil and has made a good account of himself during their opener against Uruguay, wherein he scored a goal that sparked La Sele's comeback run from being 1-nil down, to end the game 3-1.
Costa Rica's Campbell celebrates after scoring a goal against Uruguay during their 2014 World Cup Group D soccer match at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza
"Of course I have to go back, because I have a contract with Arsenal," said the former Deportivo Saprissa man.
"The most important thing just now is my country and the World Cup."
"Today was excellent for me, but it would have come to nothing without the contribution of my team-mates."
"Everyone lived up to their responsibilities. I tried to do my best to score goals and my colleagues supported me."
"We have to take one step after another.
We have difficult matches ahead, but this will give us impetus."
Campbell and company will be encountering another tough test as they take on Italy, who also won their first game at England's expense, on Friday.
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season