Arsenal FC Transfer News: On-Loan Gunners Winger Confirms Emirates Return
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 16, 2014 9:36 PM EST
Arsenal winger Joel Campbell, who is on-loan with Greek champions Olympiakos, confirmed that he will return to the Emirates as his contract is set to expire this June.
The 21-year-old is currently representing Costa Rica in the World Cup in Brazil and has made a good account of himself during their opener against Uruguay, wherein he scored a goal that sparked La Sele's comeback run from being 1-nil down, to end the game 3-1.
Costa Rica's Campbell celebrates after scoring a goal against Uruguay during their 2014 World Cup Group D soccer match at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza
"Of course I have to go back, because I have a contract with Arsenal," said the former Deportivo Saprissa man.
"The most important thing just now is my country and the World Cup."
"Today was excellent for me, but it would have come to nothing without the contribution of my team-mates."
"Everyone lived up to their responsibilities. I tried to do my best to score goals and my colleagues supported me."
"We have to take one step after another.
We have difficult matches ahead, but this will give us impetus."
Campbell and company will be encountering another tough test as they take on Italy, who also won their first game at England's expense, on Friday.
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia