Arsenal FC Transfer News: On-Loan Gunners Winger Confirms Emirates Return
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 16, 2014 9:36 PM EST
Arsenal winger Joel Campbell, who is on-loan with Greek champions Olympiakos, confirmed that he will return to the Emirates as his contract is set to expire this June.
The 21-year-old is currently representing Costa Rica in the World Cup in Brazil and has made a good account of himself during their opener against Uruguay, wherein he scored a goal that sparked La Sele's comeback run from being 1-nil down, to end the game 3-1.
Costa Rica's Campbell celebrates after scoring a goal against Uruguay during their 2014 World Cup Group D soccer match at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza
"Of course I have to go back, because I have a contract with Arsenal," said the former Deportivo Saprissa man.
"The most important thing just now is my country and the World Cup."
"Today was excellent for me, but it would have come to nothing without the contribution of my team-mates."
"Everyone lived up to their responsibilities. I tried to do my best to score goals and my colleagues supported me."
"We have to take one step after another.
We have difficult matches ahead, but this will give us impetus."
Campbell and company will be encountering another tough test as they take on Italy, who also won their first game at England's expense, on Friday.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery