Chelsea FC Transfer News: On-Loan Madrid Goalkeeper will Head Back to Stamford Bridge, Says Manager
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 16, 2014 7:38 PM EST
On-loan Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois will head back to Stamford Bridge, insists Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.
The Belgian international, who is the first-choice shot-stopper of the Belgium side, which are currently taking part in the proceedings in the World Cup in Brazil, helped the Rojiblancos to two domestic trophies, namely, the 2012/13 Copa del Rey and the 2013/14 La Liga, since moving to the Spanish capital in 2011.
“When the World Cup is over, Courtois will come straight back to Stamford Bridge - end of story.” - Jose Mourinho on Thibaut Courtois
He was also instrumental in Atleti's recent second-place finish in the Champions League.
"When the World Cup is over, Courtois will come straight back to Stamford Bridge - end of story," said the Portuguese mentor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season