Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-Inch Model vs. Apple iPad Mini: Price And Specs Comparison in Australia
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 16, 2014 6:58 PM EST
Samsung has recently rolled out Samsung Galaxy Tab S during the "Tab Into Color Galaxy Premiere." So how will the 8.5-inch model of Samsung Galaxy Tab fare with Apple iPad Mini when it will hit the Australian shores?
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Tab (front) and Apple's iPad are seen in Seoul, in this May 13, 2013 file picture illustration. A U.S. jury on May 2, 2014, ordered Samsung Electronics Co Ltd to pay $119.6 million to Apple Inc, after it found the South Korean smartphone maker had infringed two Apple patents. During the month-long trial in a San Jose, California, federal court, Apple accused Samsung of violating patents on smartphone features including universal search, while Samsung denied wrongdoing. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/Files
According to Samsung Web site, Galaxy Tab S comes in two colors: titanium bronze and dazzling white. It weighs 10 ounces or 294 grams and measures 212.8 mm x 125.6 mm x 6.6 mm. Apple Web site listed iPad Mini in space gray and silver colors. It weighs 331 grams and measures 200 mm x 134.7 mm x 7.5 mm.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S is a few notches ahead than Apple iPad Mini. Samsung cited Galaxy Tab S has 8.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 2560 x1600 pixels. Apple said iPad Mini has 7.9-inch LED-backlit multitouch display with IPS technology. It has a screen resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S has better specs than Apple iPad Mini. Samsung Galaxy Tab S has 8 MP back-facing camera and 2.1 MP front-facing camera. Apple iPad Mini has 5 MP back-facing camera and 1.2 MP front-facing camera. The specs is compensated with additional camera features such as autofocus, face detection, backside illumination, five-element lens, hybrid IR filter, tap to focus video or images, tap to control exposure, photo and video geotagging and HDR focus.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S has 1.3 GHz and 1.9 GHz Exynos Octa-core processors. Apple iPad Mini has dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 processors and A7 chip with motion co-processor.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat while Apple iPad Mini runs on iOS7.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S has 16 GB built-in memory and 3 GB RAM. It also has a microSD slot for additional memory up to 128 GB. Meanwhile, Apple iPad Mini has only 16 GB built-in memory and 512 MB of RAM. There is no room for memory expansion in this tablet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists