'Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice' Casting Update: Jason Momoa 'Confirmed' as Aquaman --- Report
By Tanya Diente | June 16, 2014 5:41 PM EST
Reports have confirmed "Game of Thrones" and "Conan" actor Jason Momoa will take on the role of Aquaman, a DC comics superhero in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice."
Warner Bros. hasn't released an official announcement yet. But the Hitfix report seemed very confident that Momoa will definitely play the aquatic superhero in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice." The report added that movie director Zack Snyder has already finalized his designs for Aquaman, which means Momoa could start filming soon.
Geektyrant suggested that Aquaman is displeased at the World Engine and what it did to the Indian Ocean in "Man of Steel." Thus his appearance in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice," where the movie will focus on the consequences for Superman after all the destruction that resulted from his battle with Zod.
Momoa has been rumored to play Aquaman in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" that he got sick of people always asking him about it. A few weeks ago the actor made headlines when he said he was tired of being asked if he was going to play as Aquaman in the new movie.
Comicbook reported that during a "Game of Thrones" panel at Detroit's Motor City Comic Con, Momoa grabbed the microphone and went around to each person who had a question for him. From the start, most questions were basically about his role as Khal Drogo in "Game of Thrones." But about half an hour into the panel, Thomas Williams of Comicbook asked Momoa about him being a part of Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel" sequel.
"Is there any truth to you being in the Man of Steel sequel? There's been a ton of rumors," Williams asked Momoa.
"What does everything tell you? No. Stop asking me. It's so annoying. Sorry, you're not annoying," Momoa responded.
When he noticed Williams' press badge he added, "Oh you're the press? Get the f*** out of here. Here, put this in there -- you're a d***, you're a d***." Apparently, Momoa was just kidding and the audience laughed at his statement.
Then he addressed the rumors of him playing as Aquaman. He said the rumors started when people had asked him what superhero he would like to play. He had chosen Batman and Superman since according to him, "They'd be awesome together."
Then people started assuming that he would be in "Batman v. Superman" with someone saying he would be Aquaman.
"And I'm like - what did you just call me?" he said. "Where the f*** do you pull out Aquaman? Seriously...And then it shows up on the internet. Not that it's a bad rumor."
Momoa will play a minor role as Aquaman in "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice." His appearance in the movie will set him to return once Zack Snyder gets to "Justice League."
Meanwhile, here are some reactions from Twitter fans on his role as Aquaman in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice."
— petyr baeless (@JScrogginsECN) June 14, 2014
For us, Aquaman has never really made sense as a character. Until now. Khal Drogo is JUST the guy to make him cool. — DweebCast (@DweebCast) June 15, 2014
The actor who plays Khal Drogo is going to be Aquaman this is the best news I've ever heard
— Mariel (@carielmariker) June 15, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate