Harrison Ford’s Injury From ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Filming Reportedly Worse Than Announced
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 5:24 PM EST
Harrison Ford’s “Star Wars” set injury may have been worse than was revealed. According to reports, the 71-year-old actor might have not only crushed his ankle, but also his chest and pelvis, prompting wife Calista Flockhart to rush to his side.
(L-R) Cast members Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson and Wesley Snipes pose during a photocall on the Croisette to promote the film \"The Expendables 3\" during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Yves Herman
On Thursday, the veteran actor, who is reprising his role as Han Solo in the JJ Abrams-directed “Star Wars: Episode VII,” has suffered from fractured ankle when the film’s prop hydraulic door fell on him at the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, UK.
“Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates,” a statement from Disney Studios said.
But apparently, an ankle wasn’t the only body part that he hurt.
“We were told he had some pelvic injuries and may have had a chest X-ray,” a source told UK tabloid The Sun.
“There’s talk his ankle is actually broken. And he may still be in the hospital.”
The insider added that the crew were thankful that Ford’s injury did not include his head.
Flockhart, 49, has flown to England upon hearing her husband’s accident.
“The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of others in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule,” another insider claimed to The Mirror.
“At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is ok.”
A spokesman for the film is confident, though, saying they are “hoping to announce some good news soon.”
“Star Wars: Episode VII” is set approximately 30 years after the third film, “Return of the Jedi.” It will feature new actors, as well as the original film’s stars: Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.
It is set for release in December 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Enzo To Have A Makeout Scene, Speculations Suggest Enzo and Caroline Get Cozy In New Season
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide