Harrison Ford’s Injury From ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Filming Reportedly Worse Than Announced
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 5:24 PM EST
Harrison Ford’s “Star Wars” set injury may have been worse than was revealed. According to reports, the 71-year-old actor might have not only crushed his ankle, but also his chest and pelvis, prompting wife Calista Flockhart to rush to his side.
(L-R) Cast members Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson and Wesley Snipes pose during a photocall on the Croisette to promote the film \"The Expendables 3\" during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Yves Herman
On Thursday, the veteran actor, who is reprising his role as Han Solo in the JJ Abrams-directed “Star Wars: Episode VII,” has suffered from fractured ankle when the film’s prop hydraulic door fell on him at the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, UK.
“Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates,” a statement from Disney Studios said.
But apparently, an ankle wasn’t the only body part that he hurt.
“We were told he had some pelvic injuries and may have had a chest X-ray,” a source told UK tabloid The Sun.
“There’s talk his ankle is actually broken. And he may still be in the hospital.”
The insider added that the crew were thankful that Ford’s injury did not include his head.
Flockhart, 49, has flown to England upon hearing her husband’s accident.
“The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of others in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule,” another insider claimed to The Mirror.
“At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is ok.”
A spokesman for the film is confident, though, saying they are “hoping to announce some good news soon.”
“Star Wars: Episode VII” is set approximately 30 years after the third film, “Return of the Jedi.” It will feature new actors, as well as the original film’s stars: Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.
It is set for release in December 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys