Harrison Ford’s Injury From ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Filming Reportedly Worse Than Announced
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 5:24 PM EST
Harrison Ford’s “Star Wars” set injury may have been worse than was revealed. According to reports, the 71-year-old actor might have not only crushed his ankle, but also his chest and pelvis, prompting wife Calista Flockhart to rush to his side.
(L-R) Cast members Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson and Wesley Snipes pose during a photocall on the Croisette to promote the film \"The Expendables 3\" during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Yves Herman
On Thursday, the veteran actor, who is reprising his role as Han Solo in the JJ Abrams-directed “Star Wars: Episode VII,” has suffered from fractured ankle when the film’s prop hydraulic door fell on him at the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, UK.
“Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates,” a statement from Disney Studios said.
But apparently, an ankle wasn’t the only body part that he hurt.
“We were told he had some pelvic injuries and may have had a chest X-ray,” a source told UK tabloid The Sun.
“There’s talk his ankle is actually broken. And he may still be in the hospital.”
The insider added that the crew were thankful that Ford’s injury did not include his head.
Flockhart, 49, has flown to England upon hearing her husband’s accident.
“The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of others in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule,” another insider claimed to The Mirror.
“At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is ok.”
A spokesman for the film is confident, though, saying they are “hoping to announce some good news soon.”
“Star Wars: Episode VII” is set approximately 30 years after the third film, “Return of the Jedi.” It will feature new actors, as well as the original film’s stars: Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.
It is set for release in December 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans