Harrison Ford’s Injury From ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Filming Reportedly Worse Than Announced
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 5:24 PM EST
Harrison Ford’s “Star Wars” set injury may have been worse than was revealed. According to reports, the 71-year-old actor might have not only crushed his ankle, but also his chest and pelvis, prompting wife Calista Flockhart to rush to his side.
(L-R) Cast members Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson and Wesley Snipes pose during a photocall on the Croisette to promote the film \"The Expendables 3\" during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Yves Herman
On Thursday, the veteran actor, who is reprising his role as Han Solo in the JJ Abrams-directed “Star Wars: Episode VII,” has suffered from fractured ankle when the film’s prop hydraulic door fell on him at the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, UK.
“Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates,” a statement from Disney Studios said.
But apparently, an ankle wasn’t the only body part that he hurt.
“We were told he had some pelvic injuries and may have had a chest X-ray,” a source told UK tabloid The Sun.
“There’s talk his ankle is actually broken. And he may still be in the hospital.”
The insider added that the crew were thankful that Ford’s injury did not include his head.
Flockhart, 49, has flown to England upon hearing her husband’s accident.
“The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of others in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule,” another insider claimed to The Mirror.
“At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is ok.”
A spokesman for the film is confident, though, saying they are “hoping to announce some good news soon.”
“Star Wars: Episode VII” is set approximately 30 years after the third film, “Return of the Jedi.” It will feature new actors, as well as the original film’s stars: Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.
It is set for release in December 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles