10 Things You Didn’t Know That You Could Do in Your iPhone
By Naveena Joy | June 16, 2014 4:50 PM EST
Apple has introduced several amazing features of its iPhone. Some of these are popular with its constant use but others are yet to be explored.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
iPhone 6 in Sam Beckett's concept video
1. Block People From Calling or Texting
From a list of hundred contacts, there will be an individual or two who can be a nuisance or don't feel like putting him on the contact's list. For these people, iPhone helps to block them from calling or texting in the future. Simply, go to "Settings," scroll down to "Phone" and then tap on the "Blocked" option. The provided space is to write the name of the person who will be blocked.
2. Have Siri Read Emails
Emails can now not be ignored. When iPhone is locked and an email notification pops in, simply hard press the Home button and ask Siri to "Read My Emails." Siri will automatically list all the emails and read them one by one.
3. See Which Flights Are Above
To see the list of flights flying above your current location, iPhone will show all the details. Hard press the Home button and ask "What flights are above me," a catalogue of all the flights will be available at that very moment.
4. Make a Passcode With Full Keyboard
Writing a passcode on a full keyboard is simple and easy. To use this utility, go to "Settings" and tap on "Passcode." Before turning the passcode an option, it is necessary to turn off the "Simple Passcode."
5. Turn on Caps Lock
While typing a message if one wishes to write the letters in capital, double click the Shift button that is the upward arrow key placed on the left side of the keyboard.
6. Hold a Key For Extra Option
There are certain different styles and options available for letters in the keyboard. If a person holds any key, the extra options pop out which can be used while typing a message, especially an informal message.
7. Shake iPhone For Undo Typing
Instead of deleting whatever has been written on a message, it is easy to shake the iPhone and click on the "Undo" option.
8. Bold, Italicize or Underline Words in Emails
Select a word in the email that needs to be highlighted, immediately options for bold, italicize and underline will be shown.
9. Check Timestamps on Texts
To check at what time a message is received on the phone, slightly move a particular text from right to left.
10. Use iPhone as a Level
With the compass feature under the utilities option, iPhone will tell the level whichever angle it is placed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June