10 Things You Didn’t Know That You Could Do in Your iPhone
By Naveena Joy | June 16, 2014 4:50 PM EST
Apple has introduced several amazing features of its iPhone. Some of these are popular with its constant use but others are yet to be explored.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
iPhone 6 in Sam Beckett's concept video
1. Block People From Calling or Texting
From a list of hundred contacts, there will be an individual or two who can be a nuisance or don't feel like putting him on the contact's list. For these people, iPhone helps to block them from calling or texting in the future. Simply, go to "Settings," scroll down to "Phone" and then tap on the "Blocked" option. The provided space is to write the name of the person who will be blocked.
2. Have Siri Read Emails
Emails can now not be ignored. When iPhone is locked and an email notification pops in, simply hard press the Home button and ask Siri to "Read My Emails." Siri will automatically list all the emails and read them one by one.
3. See Which Flights Are Above
To see the list of flights flying above your current location, iPhone will show all the details. Hard press the Home button and ask "What flights are above me," a catalogue of all the flights will be available at that very moment.
4. Make a Passcode With Full Keyboard
Writing a passcode on a full keyboard is simple and easy. To use this utility, go to "Settings" and tap on "Passcode." Before turning the passcode an option, it is necessary to turn off the "Simple Passcode."
5. Turn on Caps Lock
While typing a message if one wishes to write the letters in capital, double click the Shift button that is the upward arrow key placed on the left side of the keyboard.
6. Hold a Key For Extra Option
There are certain different styles and options available for letters in the keyboard. If a person holds any key, the extra options pop out which can be used while typing a message, especially an informal message.
7. Shake iPhone For Undo Typing
Instead of deleting whatever has been written on a message, it is easy to shake the iPhone and click on the "Undo" option.
8. Bold, Italicize or Underline Words in Emails
Select a word in the email that needs to be highlighted, immediately options for bold, italicize and underline will be shown.
9. Check Timestamps on Texts
To check at what time a message is received on the phone, slightly move a particular text from right to left.
10. Use iPhone as a Level
With the compass feature under the utilities option, iPhone will tell the level whichever angle it is placed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date