10 Things You Didn’t Know That You Could Do in Your iPhone
By Naveena Joy | June 16, 2014 4:50 PM EST
Apple has introduced several amazing features of its iPhone. Some of these are popular with its constant use but others are yet to be explored.
Screenshot from YouTube Video
iPhone 6 in Sam Beckett's concept video
1. Block People From Calling or Texting
From a list of hundred contacts, there will be an individual or two who can be a nuisance or don't feel like putting him on the contact's list. For these people, iPhone helps to block them from calling or texting in the future. Simply, go to "Settings," scroll down to "Phone" and then tap on the "Blocked" option. The provided space is to write the name of the person who will be blocked.
2. Have Siri Read Emails
Emails can now not be ignored. When iPhone is locked and an email notification pops in, simply hard press the Home button and ask Siri to "Read My Emails." Siri will automatically list all the emails and read them one by one.
3. See Which Flights Are Above
To see the list of flights flying above your current location, iPhone will show all the details. Hard press the Home button and ask "What flights are above me," a catalogue of all the flights will be available at that very moment.
4. Make a Passcode With Full Keyboard
Writing a passcode on a full keyboard is simple and easy. To use this utility, go to "Settings" and tap on "Passcode." Before turning the passcode an option, it is necessary to turn off the "Simple Passcode."
5. Turn on Caps Lock
While typing a message if one wishes to write the letters in capital, double click the Shift button that is the upward arrow key placed on the left side of the keyboard.
6. Hold a Key For Extra Option
There are certain different styles and options available for letters in the keyboard. If a person holds any key, the extra options pop out which can be used while typing a message, especially an informal message.
7. Shake iPhone For Undo Typing
Instead of deleting whatever has been written on a message, it is easy to shake the iPhone and click on the "Undo" option.
8. Bold, Italicize or Underline Words in Emails
Select a word in the email that needs to be highlighted, immediately options for bold, italicize and underline will be shown.
9. Check Timestamps on Texts
To check at what time a message is received on the phone, slightly move a particular text from right to left.
10. Use iPhone as a Level
With the compass feature under the utilities option, iPhone will tell the level whichever angle it is placed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko