Harrison Ford's Injuries 'Worse Than Initially Reported,' May Miss Two Months of Filming
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Harrison Ford has suffered more than ankle injuries on the "Star Wars: Episode VII" when a hydraulic door fell on him.
Actor Harrison Ford and his wife Calista Flockhart arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
According to new reports, Ford suffered from pelvic injuries and his ankle was broken. There were also talks that he had chest X-rays because his heart may also have some problems caused by the accident.
Although Metro UK reported Harrison's camp was hopeful and optimistic that they will have good news to share very soon, it was cited the actor may miss two months worth of filming.
The Sun reported Ford "had some pelvic injuries and may have had a chest X-ray." The source added, "there's talk his ankle is actually broken. And he may still be in the hospital."
The newspaper also claimed while everyone is happy that Ford did not get his head hit, everyone's worried about the safety of the set and if they can film without getting hurt as well.
"Everyone was thankful nothing hit Harrison's head. It's not known when he'll be ready to start filming again." Ford's co-stars, including Lupita Nyong'o and the famous sci-fi franchise's veteran actorrs Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, all question why such a thing could have happened.
According to the newspaper's insider, "The cast is livid."
"They are openly questioning the safety of sets. They've asked for everything to be triple-checked, " the source explained.
Because of the injuries he sustained, he could miss around two months worth of fllming, Mirror UK reported.
"The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule," Mirror UK added.
"At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6 to 8 weeks, but the main priority is making sure he is OK," the site added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best