Harrison Ford's Injuries 'Worse Than Initially Reported,' May Miss Two Months of Filming
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Harrison Ford has suffered more than ankle injuries on the "Star Wars: Episode VII" when a hydraulic door fell on him.
Actor Harrison Ford and his wife Calista Flockhart arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
According to new reports, Ford suffered from pelvic injuries and his ankle was broken. There were also talks that he had chest X-rays because his heart may also have some problems caused by the accident.
Although Metro UK reported Harrison's camp was hopeful and optimistic that they will have good news to share very soon, it was cited the actor may miss two months worth of filming.
The Sun reported Ford "had some pelvic injuries and may have had a chest X-ray." The source added, "there's talk his ankle is actually broken. And he may still be in the hospital."
The newspaper also claimed while everyone is happy that Ford did not get his head hit, everyone's worried about the safety of the set and if they can film without getting hurt as well.
"Everyone was thankful nothing hit Harrison's head. It's not known when he'll be ready to start filming again." Ford's co-stars, including Lupita Nyong'o and the famous sci-fi franchise's veteran actorrs Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, all question why such a thing could have happened.
According to the newspaper's insider, "The cast is livid."
"They are openly questioning the safety of sets. They've asked for everything to be triple-checked, " the source explained.
Because of the injuries he sustained, he could miss around two months worth of fllming, Mirror UK reported.
"The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule," Mirror UK added.
"At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6 to 8 weeks, but the main priority is making sure he is OK," the site added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions