Harrison Ford's Injuries 'Worse Than Initially Reported,' May Miss Two Months of Filming
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Harrison Ford has suffered more than ankle injuries on the "Star Wars: Episode VII" when a hydraulic door fell on him.
Actor Harrison Ford and his wife Calista Flockhart arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
According to new reports, Ford suffered from pelvic injuries and his ankle was broken. There were also talks that he had chest X-rays because his heart may also have some problems caused by the accident.
Although Metro UK reported Harrison's camp was hopeful and optimistic that they will have good news to share very soon, it was cited the actor may miss two months worth of filming.
The Sun reported Ford "had some pelvic injuries and may have had a chest X-ray." The source added, "there's talk his ankle is actually broken. And he may still be in the hospital."
The newspaper also claimed while everyone is happy that Ford did not get his head hit, everyone's worried about the safety of the set and if they can film without getting hurt as well.
"Everyone was thankful nothing hit Harrison's head. It's not known when he'll be ready to start filming again." Ford's co-stars, including Lupita Nyong'o and the famous sci-fi franchise's veteran actorrs Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, all question why such a thing could have happened.
According to the newspaper's insider, "The cast is livid."
"They are openly questioning the safety of sets. They've asked for everything to be triple-checked, " the source explained.
Because of the injuries he sustained, he could miss around two months worth of fllming, Mirror UK reported.
"The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule," Mirror UK added.
"At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6 to 8 weeks, but the main priority is making sure he is OK," the site added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0