Harrison Ford's Injuries 'Worse Than Initially Reported,' May Miss Two Months of Filming
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Harrison Ford has suffered more than ankle injuries on the "Star Wars: Episode VII" when a hydraulic door fell on him.
Actor Harrison Ford and his wife Calista Flockhart arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
According to new reports, Ford suffered from pelvic injuries and his ankle was broken. There were also talks that he had chest X-rays because his heart may also have some problems caused by the accident.
Although Metro UK reported Harrison's camp was hopeful and optimistic that they will have good news to share very soon, it was cited the actor may miss two months worth of filming.
The Sun reported Ford "had some pelvic injuries and may have had a chest X-ray." The source added, "there's talk his ankle is actually broken. And he may still be in the hospital."
The newspaper also claimed while everyone is happy that Ford did not get his head hit, everyone's worried about the safety of the set and if they can film without getting hurt as well.
"Everyone was thankful nothing hit Harrison's head. It's not known when he'll be ready to start filming again." Ford's co-stars, including Lupita Nyong'o and the famous sci-fi franchise's veteran actorrs Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, all question why such a thing could have happened.
According to the newspaper's insider, "The cast is livid."
"They are openly questioning the safety of sets. They've asked for everything to be triple-checked, " the source explained.
Because of the injuries he sustained, he could miss around two months worth of fllming, Mirror UK reported.
"The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule," Mirror UK added.
"At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6 to 8 weeks, but the main priority is making sure he is OK," the site added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales