Harrison Ford's Injuries 'Worse Than Initially Reported,' May Miss Two Months of Filming
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Harrison Ford has suffered more than ankle injuries on the "Star Wars: Episode VII" when a hydraulic door fell on him.
Actor Harrison Ford and his wife Calista Flockhart arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
According to new reports, Ford suffered from pelvic injuries and his ankle was broken. There were also talks that he had chest X-rays because his heart may also have some problems caused by the accident.
Although Metro UK reported Harrison's camp was hopeful and optimistic that they will have good news to share very soon, it was cited the actor may miss two months worth of filming.
The Sun reported Ford "had some pelvic injuries and may have had a chest X-ray." The source added, "there's talk his ankle is actually broken. And he may still be in the hospital."
The newspaper also claimed while everyone is happy that Ford did not get his head hit, everyone's worried about the safety of the set and if they can film without getting hurt as well.
"Everyone was thankful nothing hit Harrison's head. It's not known when he'll be ready to start filming again." Ford's co-stars, including Lupita Nyong'o and the famous sci-fi franchise's veteran actorrs Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, all question why such a thing could have happened.
According to the newspaper's insider, "The cast is livid."
"They are openly questioning the safety of sets. They've asked for everything to be triple-checked, " the source explained.
Because of the injuries he sustained, he could miss around two months worth of fllming, Mirror UK reported.
"The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule," Mirror UK added.
"At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6 to 8 weeks, but the main priority is making sure he is OK," the site added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight