Robert Pattinson Scratches Head about 'Indiana Jones' Casting Reports
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 16, 2014 4:23 PM EST
It was not as if Robert Pattinson refused to wear a Fedore hat while digging for archaeological finds. He did not also say that he disliked portraying a space hero battling futuristic robots. But there were rumours spreading about him replacing such roles that Harrison Ford made popular and these reports baffled Robert.
Cast member Robert Pattinson poses during a photocall for the film "Maps to the Stars" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
The youthful actor denied the rumours about him replacing Harrison Ford in the movies, "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars." While it was exciting to play Dr. Jones, the archaeologist who always got in the middle of a swashbuckling journey, and Han Solo, the hero who snagged the heart of Princess Leia, he was confused about being connected to them.
"I don't know why. Why is that coming out," said Pattinson to People.
While it would add to Robert's repertoire of unique characters that he portrayed such as the handsome, brooding vampire, Edward Cullen in "Twilight," the talented wizard, Cedric Diggory in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," and the genius artist, Salvador Dali in "Little Ashes," fans could only hope that the actor would once again, grace the screen with an iconic role. Confirmation about the replacement for Dr. Indiana Jones for the fifth installment of the film has yet to be announced, but aside from Robert Pattinson, Bradley Cooper was said to be another choice for the role.
Recently, the star of "Twilight" filmed with Guy Pearce for the movie, "The Rover." He played the role of Reynold, a dependent lad who sported a gruff look with a South American drawl.
Robert continues to soar in his acting career and his lovelife seems to be the talk of the town as well. His break-up with Kristen Stewart brought tears from their "Twilight" fans in 2012 when the actress was caught kissing the director of "Snow White and the Hunstman," Rupert Sanders. But the two remained friends after the fiery issue. Some claimed that they were back together but the two denied it. Rumours also said that he was living in Kristen's place even if the actor can easily afford to rent or buy his own house.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar