Robert Pattinson Scratches Head about 'Indiana Jones' Casting Reports
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 16, 2014 4:23 PM EST
It was not as if Robert Pattinson refused to wear a Fedore hat while digging for archaeological finds. He did not also say that he disliked portraying a space hero battling futuristic robots. But there were rumours spreading about him replacing such roles that Harrison Ford made popular and these reports baffled Robert.
Cast member Robert Pattinson poses during a photocall for the film "Maps to the Stars" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
The youthful actor denied the rumours about him replacing Harrison Ford in the movies, "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars." While it was exciting to play Dr. Jones, the archaeologist who always got in the middle of a swashbuckling journey, and Han Solo, the hero who snagged the heart of Princess Leia, he was confused about being connected to them.
"I don't know why. Why is that coming out," said Pattinson to People.
While it would add to Robert's repertoire of unique characters that he portrayed such as the handsome, brooding vampire, Edward Cullen in "Twilight," the talented wizard, Cedric Diggory in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," and the genius artist, Salvador Dali in "Little Ashes," fans could only hope that the actor would once again, grace the screen with an iconic role. Confirmation about the replacement for Dr. Indiana Jones for the fifth installment of the film has yet to be announced, but aside from Robert Pattinson, Bradley Cooper was said to be another choice for the role.
Recently, the star of "Twilight" filmed with Guy Pearce for the movie, "The Rover." He played the role of Reynold, a dependent lad who sported a gruff look with a South American drawl.
Robert continues to soar in his acting career and his lovelife seems to be the talk of the town as well. His break-up with Kristen Stewart brought tears from their "Twilight" fans in 2012 when the actress was caught kissing the director of "Snow White and the Hunstman," Rupert Sanders. But the two remained friends after the fiery issue. Some claimed that they were back together but the two denied it. Rumours also said that he was living in Kristen's place even if the actor can easily afford to rent or buy his own house.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best