Robert Pattinson Scratches Head about 'Indiana Jones' Casting Reports
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 16, 2014 4:23 PM EST
It was not as if Robert Pattinson refused to wear a Fedore hat while digging for archaeological finds. He did not also say that he disliked portraying a space hero battling futuristic robots. But there were rumours spreading about him replacing such roles that Harrison Ford made popular and these reports baffled Robert.
Cast member Robert Pattinson poses during a photocall for the film "Maps to the Stars" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
The youthful actor denied the rumours about him replacing Harrison Ford in the movies, "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars." While it was exciting to play Dr. Jones, the archaeologist who always got in the middle of a swashbuckling journey, and Han Solo, the hero who snagged the heart of Princess Leia, he was confused about being connected to them.
"I don't know why. Why is that coming out," said Pattinson to People.
While it would add to Robert's repertoire of unique characters that he portrayed such as the handsome, brooding vampire, Edward Cullen in "Twilight," the talented wizard, Cedric Diggory in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," and the genius artist, Salvador Dali in "Little Ashes," fans could only hope that the actor would once again, grace the screen with an iconic role. Confirmation about the replacement for Dr. Indiana Jones for the fifth installment of the film has yet to be announced, but aside from Robert Pattinson, Bradley Cooper was said to be another choice for the role.
Recently, the star of "Twilight" filmed with Guy Pearce for the movie, "The Rover." He played the role of Reynold, a dependent lad who sported a gruff look with a South American drawl.
Robert continues to soar in his acting career and his lovelife seems to be the talk of the town as well. His break-up with Kristen Stewart brought tears from their "Twilight" fans in 2012 when the actress was caught kissing the director of "Snow White and the Hunstman," Rupert Sanders. But the two remained friends after the fiery issue. Some claimed that they were back together but the two denied it. Rumours also said that he was living in Kristen's place even if the actor can easily afford to rent or buy his own house.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points