Robert Pattinson Scratches Head about 'Indiana Jones' Casting Reports
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 16, 2014 4:23 PM EST
It was not as if Robert Pattinson refused to wear a Fedore hat while digging for archaeological finds. He did not also say that he disliked portraying a space hero battling futuristic robots. But there were rumours spreading about him replacing such roles that Harrison Ford made popular and these reports baffled Robert.
Cast member Robert Pattinson poses during a photocall for the film "Maps to the Stars" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
The youthful actor denied the rumours about him replacing Harrison Ford in the movies, "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars." While it was exciting to play Dr. Jones, the archaeologist who always got in the middle of a swashbuckling journey, and Han Solo, the hero who snagged the heart of Princess Leia, he was confused about being connected to them.
"I don't know why. Why is that coming out," said Pattinson to People.
While it would add to Robert's repertoire of unique characters that he portrayed such as the handsome, brooding vampire, Edward Cullen in "Twilight," the talented wizard, Cedric Diggory in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," and the genius artist, Salvador Dali in "Little Ashes," fans could only hope that the actor would once again, grace the screen with an iconic role. Confirmation about the replacement for Dr. Indiana Jones for the fifth installment of the film has yet to be announced, but aside from Robert Pattinson, Bradley Cooper was said to be another choice for the role.
Recently, the star of "Twilight" filmed with Guy Pearce for the movie, "The Rover." He played the role of Reynold, a dependent lad who sported a gruff look with a South American drawl.
Robert continues to soar in his acting career and his lovelife seems to be the talk of the town as well. His break-up with Kristen Stewart brought tears from their "Twilight" fans in 2012 when the actress was caught kissing the director of "Snow White and the Hunstman," Rupert Sanders. But the two remained friends after the fiery issue. Some claimed that they were back together but the two denied it. Rumours also said that he was living in Kristen's place even if the actor can easily afford to rent or buy his own house.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report