Robert Pattinson Scratches Head about 'Indiana Jones' Casting Reports
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 16, 2014 4:23 PM EST
It was not as if Robert Pattinson refused to wear a Fedore hat while digging for archaeological finds. He did not also say that he disliked portraying a space hero battling futuristic robots. But there were rumours spreading about him replacing such roles that Harrison Ford made popular and these reports baffled Robert.
Cast member Robert Pattinson poses during a photocall for the film "Maps to the Stars" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
The youthful actor denied the rumours about him replacing Harrison Ford in the movies, "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars." While it was exciting to play Dr. Jones, the archaeologist who always got in the middle of a swashbuckling journey, and Han Solo, the hero who snagged the heart of Princess Leia, he was confused about being connected to them.
"I don't know why. Why is that coming out," said Pattinson to People.
While it would add to Robert's repertoire of unique characters that he portrayed such as the handsome, brooding vampire, Edward Cullen in "Twilight," the talented wizard, Cedric Diggory in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," and the genius artist, Salvador Dali in "Little Ashes," fans could only hope that the actor would once again, grace the screen with an iconic role. Confirmation about the replacement for Dr. Indiana Jones for the fifth installment of the film has yet to be announced, but aside from Robert Pattinson, Bradley Cooper was said to be another choice for the role.
Recently, the star of "Twilight" filmed with Guy Pearce for the movie, "The Rover." He played the role of Reynold, a dependent lad who sported a gruff look with a South American drawl.
Robert continues to soar in his acting career and his lovelife seems to be the talk of the town as well. His break-up with Kristen Stewart brought tears from their "Twilight" fans in 2012 when the actress was caught kissing the director of "Snow White and the Hunstman," Rupert Sanders. But the two remained friends after the fiery issue. Some claimed that they were back together but the two denied it. Rumours also said that he was living in Kristen's place even if the actor can easily afford to rent or buy his own house.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales