Jennifer Lawrence’s Soul Sold on Etsy; Celebrities’ Souls Up for Sale, But Not Kanye West’s
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence’s soul has been sold on Etsy. A seller on the e-commerce site claims that she has harvested the souls of celebrities, including the “Hunger Games” star’s, Ryan Gosling’s and Beyonce’s, and they are available for a small price to online buyers.
Jennifer Lawrence, best supporting actress nominee for her role in "American Hustle," arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Molly Gates, who runs her store SoulsRUs on Etsy, is offering clients unique but dubious products, namely, souls of celebrities.
Although the gimmick is obviously just that, Gates has been successful in selling Jennifer’s soul so far.
Her mason jar has already been sold for around AUD16. Also already sold are Drake’s, Ryan Gosling’s and Beyonce’s souls.
“A few years ago, I saw a listing where some dude was selling his own soul in a plain, sealed mason jar for over $1,000,” the seller told MTV how she came up with the idea of reaping celebrities’ souls.
“I wanted to do something similar for the Minneapolis College of Art and Design’s annual art sale, but instead of selling my own soul I’d sell celebrities’ instead. I also wanted to be able to see the soul in the jar, just so that customers would know that they’re getting a legit product and not just a $15 mason jar.”
Gates would say what’s really inside the jars, but vowed that her buyers would get what they paid for.
“I’ve perfected my reaping process over the years, now preferring to wait until my person of interest is asleep,” she said. “I sneak to their bed, do some hocus pocus and coax their soul out and into my waiting jar. I label each one and ship it the day following the reaping to ensure freshness.”
She claimed that she can also reap other people’s souls. Her customers may request for the soul of anyone, famous or not, except for just one name: Kanye West.
“I don’t want to talk about what happened with Kanye.”
“True Detective” star Matthew McConaughey’s soul is still available as of the time of writing.
Meanwhile, J.Law’s private e-mail address may have the word “butt” in it.
Grammy-winning singer Lorde has revealed that Jennifer’s new e-mail reflects the actress’ brand of humour.
win: do you have jen lawrence's new email me: oh yeah lemme look me: i think it's got 'butt' in it
— Lorde (@lordemusic) June 15, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation