Jennifer Lawrence’s Soul Sold on Etsy; Celebrities’ Souls Up for Sale, But Not Kanye West’s
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Jennifer Lawrence’s soul has been sold on Etsy. A seller on the e-commerce site claims that she has harvested the souls of celebrities, including the “Hunger Games” star’s, Ryan Gosling’s and Beyonce’s, and they are available for a small price to online buyers.
Jennifer Lawrence, best supporting actress nominee for her role in "American Hustle," arrives at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Molly Gates, who runs her store SoulsRUs on Etsy, is offering clients unique but dubious products, namely, souls of celebrities.
Although the gimmick is obviously just that, Gates has been successful in selling Jennifer’s soul so far.
Her mason jar has already been sold for around AUD16. Also already sold are Drake’s, Ryan Gosling’s and Beyonce’s souls.
“A few years ago, I saw a listing where some dude was selling his own soul in a plain, sealed mason jar for over $1,000,” the seller told MTV how she came up with the idea of reaping celebrities’ souls.
“I wanted to do something similar for the Minneapolis College of Art and Design’s annual art sale, but instead of selling my own soul I’d sell celebrities’ instead. I also wanted to be able to see the soul in the jar, just so that customers would know that they’re getting a legit product and not just a $15 mason jar.”
Gates would say what’s really inside the jars, but vowed that her buyers would get what they paid for.
“I’ve perfected my reaping process over the years, now preferring to wait until my person of interest is asleep,” she said. “I sneak to their bed, do some hocus pocus and coax their soul out and into my waiting jar. I label each one and ship it the day following the reaping to ensure freshness.”
She claimed that she can also reap other people’s souls. Her customers may request for the soul of anyone, famous or not, except for just one name: Kanye West.
“I don’t want to talk about what happened with Kanye.”
“True Detective” star Matthew McConaughey’s soul is still available as of the time of writing.
Meanwhile, J.Law’s private e-mail address may have the word “butt” in it.
Grammy-winning singer Lorde has revealed that Jennifer’s new e-mail reflects the actress’ brand of humour.
win: do you have jen lawrence's new email me: oh yeah lemme look me: i think it's got 'butt' in it
— Lorde (@lordemusic) June 15, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks