Meet the MVP: Kawhi Leonard is Best Player of 2014 NBA Finals
By James Patrick Quizon | June 16, 2014 3:58 PM EST
Known as a subdued, reserved and silent individual among the San Antonio Spurs, Kawhi Leonard at 22 years old became the unlikely Most Valuable Player of the 2014 NBA Finals.
Leonard, originally the pick of the Indiana Pacers at 15th overall in the 2011 NBA Draft, averaged 12.8 points and 6.2 rebounds per game in the regular season and became a star in the postseason with averages of 17.8 points and 6.4 rebounds in the championship series.
Leonard grabbed the spotlight with his career-high 29-performance in Game 3 and perhaps most importantly, played very good defense on Miami Heat superstar LeBron James.
Leonard became the second youngest player next to Magic Johnson to win the NBA Finals MVP.
View the slideshow for more pictures from the MVP Leonard in the 2014 NBA Finals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]