The San Antonio Spurs are the 2014 NBA Champions [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | June 16, 2014 3:34 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs finished off the Miami Heat in five games in the 2014 NBA Finals to grab the franchise's fifth title in the NBA and became the only team to win an NBA ring in a span of three decades.
NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard had 22 points to top-score for the Spurs, who surprisingly treated the defending champions to three straight blowouts to end the best-of-seven series. The veterans Tim Duncan (14 points), Tony Parker (16 points) and Manu Ginobili (19 points) wouldn't allow the series to return to Miami to finally exorcise the ghost of the 2013 NBA Finals when they collapsed in the final two games.
Re-live Game 6 and the Spurs' clinching win in the 2014 NBA Finals in the slideshow.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’