The San Antonio Spurs are the 2014 NBA Champions [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | June 16, 2014 3:34 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs finished off the Miami Heat in five games in the 2014 NBA Finals to grab the franchise's fifth title in the NBA and became the only team to win an NBA ring in a span of three decades.
NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard had 22 points to top-score for the Spurs, who surprisingly treated the defending champions to three straight blowouts to end the best-of-seven series. The veterans Tim Duncan (14 points), Tony Parker (16 points) and Manu Ginobili (19 points) wouldn't allow the series to return to Miami to finally exorcise the ghost of the 2013 NBA Finals when they collapsed in the final two games.
Re-live Game 6 and the Spurs' clinching win in the 2014 NBA Finals in the slideshow.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen