The San Antonio Spurs are the 2014 NBA Champions [PHOTOS]
By James Patrick Quizon | June 16, 2014 3:34 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs finished off the Miami Heat in five games in the 2014 NBA Finals to grab the franchise's fifth title in the NBA and became the only team to win an NBA ring in a span of three decades.
NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard had 22 points to top-score for the Spurs, who surprisingly treated the defending champions to three straight blowouts to end the best-of-seven series. The veterans Tim Duncan (14 points), Tony Parker (16 points) and Manu Ginobili (19 points) wouldn't allow the series to return to Miami to finally exorcise the ghost of the 2013 NBA Finals when they collapsed in the final two games.
Re-live Game 6 and the Spurs' clinching win in the 2014 NBA Finals in the slideshow.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report