Rick Rubin Confirms Kanye West's Seventh Album, Everything to Know
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 16, 2014 3:32 PM EST
Producer Rick Rubin has confirmed the recording of Rapper Kanye West's seventh album is currently ongoing.
NME reported the producer also confirmed he is "looking at vocal ideas" for the new release. His confirmation occurred while chatting with BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe. Lowe conducted a special interview with Rubin which will be broadcasted from Monday to Thursday.
Rapper Kanye West arrives at a fashion designer shop in Paris May 22, 2014. .
Rumors of the seventh album were first cited in a Billboard article while preparations for the grand Italian wedding with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were done. Billboard revealed the recording took place at Los Angeles, Calif. and Florence, Italy.
The Billboard noted several names as potential players in Kanye West's seventh album, James Fauntleroy, Gee Roberson, Mike Will, Malik Yusef, French Montana, Young Thug, Da Internz, Young Chop, James Blake, Symbolic One (S1), Evian Christ, 808 Mafia, DJ Mustard and Tyga.
The Billboard also cited there will be 12 cuts to be included in the upcoming album. The source noted the songs were mostly a mixture of soul and tamed version of the "Yeezus"-esque darkness in Kanye West's sixth album.
"Nothing abrasive," the Billboard source mentioned.
Rick Rubin had worked with Kanye West for "Yeezus" in June 2013. During the course of the "Yeezus." album production Rubin revealed there were plenty of ideas and tracks. Both Rubin and West listened to all the ideas and tracks together.
"He originally came over and said 'I wanna come play you my new album' and I thought we'd be listening to a finished album. Then we listened to about three hours of music, most of which didn't have vocals, and at the end I was like 'wow, so what's it gonna be?" Rubin said.
The album took only five to six weeks to produce. From the planned 16 songs, the final album came out with 10 songs. "Yeezus" only had minimal notice and limited marketing efforts done when the album was released in the market. But it managed to stay at the no. 1 spot at Billboard 200 during its debut.
There is no official word yet when will Kanye West's seventh album be released in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments