Rick Rubin Confirms Kanye West's Seventh Album, Everything to Know
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 16, 2014 3:32 PM EST
Producer Rick Rubin has confirmed the recording of Rapper Kanye West's seventh album is currently ongoing.
NME reported the producer also confirmed he is "looking at vocal ideas" for the new release. His confirmation occurred while chatting with BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe. Lowe conducted a special interview with Rubin which will be broadcasted from Monday to Thursday.
Rapper Kanye West arrives at a fashion designer shop in Paris May 22, 2014. .
Rumors of the seventh album were first cited in a Billboard article while preparations for the grand Italian wedding with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were done. Billboard revealed the recording took place at Los Angeles, Calif. and Florence, Italy.
The Billboard noted several names as potential players in Kanye West's seventh album, James Fauntleroy, Gee Roberson, Mike Will, Malik Yusef, French Montana, Young Thug, Da Internz, Young Chop, James Blake, Symbolic One (S1), Evian Christ, 808 Mafia, DJ Mustard and Tyga.
The Billboard also cited there will be 12 cuts to be included in the upcoming album. The source noted the songs were mostly a mixture of soul and tamed version of the "Yeezus"-esque darkness in Kanye West's sixth album.
"Nothing abrasive," the Billboard source mentioned.
Rick Rubin had worked with Kanye West for "Yeezus" in June 2013. During the course of the "Yeezus." album production Rubin revealed there were plenty of ideas and tracks. Both Rubin and West listened to all the ideas and tracks together.
"He originally came over and said 'I wanna come play you my new album' and I thought we'd be listening to a finished album. Then we listened to about three hours of music, most of which didn't have vocals, and at the end I was like 'wow, so what's it gonna be?" Rubin said.
The album took only five to six weeks to produce. From the planned 16 songs, the final album came out with 10 songs. "Yeezus" only had minimal notice and limited marketing efforts done when the album was released in the market. But it managed to stay at the no. 1 spot at Billboard 200 during its debut.
There is no official word yet when will Kanye West's seventh album be released in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports