Rick Rubin Confirms Kanye West's Seventh Album, Everything to Know
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 16, 2014 3:32 PM EST
Producer Rick Rubin has confirmed the recording of Rapper Kanye West's seventh album is currently ongoing.
NME reported the producer also confirmed he is "looking at vocal ideas" for the new release. His confirmation occurred while chatting with BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe. Lowe conducted a special interview with Rubin which will be broadcasted from Monday to Thursday.
Rapper Kanye West arrives at a fashion designer shop in Paris May 22, 2014. .
Rumors of the seventh album were first cited in a Billboard article while preparations for the grand Italian wedding with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were done. Billboard revealed the recording took place at Los Angeles, Calif. and Florence, Italy.
The Billboard noted several names as potential players in Kanye West's seventh album, James Fauntleroy, Gee Roberson, Mike Will, Malik Yusef, French Montana, Young Thug, Da Internz, Young Chop, James Blake, Symbolic One (S1), Evian Christ, 808 Mafia, DJ Mustard and Tyga.
The Billboard also cited there will be 12 cuts to be included in the upcoming album. The source noted the songs were mostly a mixture of soul and tamed version of the "Yeezus"-esque darkness in Kanye West's sixth album.
"Nothing abrasive," the Billboard source mentioned.
Rick Rubin had worked with Kanye West for "Yeezus" in June 2013. During the course of the "Yeezus." album production Rubin revealed there were plenty of ideas and tracks. Both Rubin and West listened to all the ideas and tracks together.
"He originally came over and said 'I wanna come play you my new album' and I thought we'd be listening to a finished album. Then we listened to about three hours of music, most of which didn't have vocals, and at the end I was like 'wow, so what's it gonna be?" Rubin said.
The album took only five to six weeks to produce. From the planned 16 songs, the final album came out with 10 songs. "Yeezus" only had minimal notice and limited marketing efforts done when the album was released in the market. But it managed to stay at the no. 1 spot at Billboard 200 during its debut.
There is no official word yet when will Kanye West's seventh album be released in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L