Rick Rubin Confirms Kanye West's Seventh Album, Everything to Know
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 16, 2014 3:32 PM EST
Producer Rick Rubin has confirmed the recording of Rapper Kanye West's seventh album is currently ongoing.
NME reported the producer also confirmed he is "looking at vocal ideas" for the new release. His confirmation occurred while chatting with BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe. Lowe conducted a special interview with Rubin which will be broadcasted from Monday to Thursday.
Rapper Kanye West arrives at a fashion designer shop in Paris May 22, 2014. .
Rumors of the seventh album were first cited in a Billboard article while preparations for the grand Italian wedding with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were done. Billboard revealed the recording took place at Los Angeles, Calif. and Florence, Italy.
The Billboard noted several names as potential players in Kanye West's seventh album, James Fauntleroy, Gee Roberson, Mike Will, Malik Yusef, French Montana, Young Thug, Da Internz, Young Chop, James Blake, Symbolic One (S1), Evian Christ, 808 Mafia, DJ Mustard and Tyga.
The Billboard also cited there will be 12 cuts to be included in the upcoming album. The source noted the songs were mostly a mixture of soul and tamed version of the "Yeezus"-esque darkness in Kanye West's sixth album.
"Nothing abrasive," the Billboard source mentioned.
Rick Rubin had worked with Kanye West for "Yeezus" in June 2013. During the course of the "Yeezus." album production Rubin revealed there were plenty of ideas and tracks. Both Rubin and West listened to all the ideas and tracks together.
"He originally came over and said 'I wanna come play you my new album' and I thought we'd be listening to a finished album. Then we listened to about three hours of music, most of which didn't have vocals, and at the end I was like 'wow, so what's it gonna be?" Rubin said.
The album took only five to six weeks to produce. From the planned 16 songs, the final album came out with 10 songs. "Yeezus" only had minimal notice and limited marketing efforts done when the album was released in the market. But it managed to stay at the no. 1 spot at Billboard 200 during its debut.
There is no official word yet when will Kanye West's seventh album be released in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones