Rick Rubin Confirms Kanye West's Seventh Album, Everything to Know
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 16, 2014 3:32 PM EST
Producer Rick Rubin has confirmed the recording of Rapper Kanye West's seventh album is currently ongoing.
NME reported the producer also confirmed he is "looking at vocal ideas" for the new release. His confirmation occurred while chatting with BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe. Lowe conducted a special interview with Rubin which will be broadcasted from Monday to Thursday.
Rapper Kanye West arrives at a fashion designer shop in Paris May 22, 2014. .
Rumors of the seventh album were first cited in a Billboard article while preparations for the grand Italian wedding with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were done. Billboard revealed the recording took place at Los Angeles, Calif. and Florence, Italy.
The Billboard noted several names as potential players in Kanye West's seventh album, James Fauntleroy, Gee Roberson, Mike Will, Malik Yusef, French Montana, Young Thug, Da Internz, Young Chop, James Blake, Symbolic One (S1), Evian Christ, 808 Mafia, DJ Mustard and Tyga.
The Billboard also cited there will be 12 cuts to be included in the upcoming album. The source noted the songs were mostly a mixture of soul and tamed version of the "Yeezus"-esque darkness in Kanye West's sixth album.
"Nothing abrasive," the Billboard source mentioned.
Rick Rubin had worked with Kanye West for "Yeezus" in June 2013. During the course of the "Yeezus." album production Rubin revealed there were plenty of ideas and tracks. Both Rubin and West listened to all the ideas and tracks together.
"He originally came over and said 'I wanna come play you my new album' and I thought we'd be listening to a finished album. Then we listened to about three hours of music, most of which didn't have vocals, and at the end I was like 'wow, so what's it gonna be?" Rubin said.
The album took only five to six weeks to produce. From the planned 16 songs, the final album came out with 10 songs. "Yeezus" only had minimal notice and limited marketing efforts done when the album was released in the market. But it managed to stay at the no. 1 spot at Billboard 200 during its debut.
There is no official word yet when will Kanye West's seventh album be released in the market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Proposes To 'Elena Williams' In Promo Trailer For Episode 4 Titled 'Black Hole Sun' [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge