‘The X Factor’ (UK) 2014: Mel B Refuses to Become ‘Miss Nasty;’ Simon Cowell Says Cheryl Cole Has the ‘Pressure’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 16, 2014 3:31 PM EST
There's a big possibility that the audience will be expecting a sweet show on the new season of "The X Factor" UK as the new judge Mel B reportedly revealed that she is refusing to become "Miss Nasty" to avoid controversies on ITV's reality singing show.
Singer Cheryl Cole blows a kiss as she poses on the red carpet for the screening of the film "Foxcatcher" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
Simon Cowell reportedly wanted former Spice Girl to be as scary as she can be to the contestants, but Mirror reported that Mel B refused, insisting that she won't be "Miss Nasty."
"There is no way she is going to do that bitchy thing with anyone and has told Simon so," a source close to Mel B told Mirror. "He [Cowell] isn't happy at all. He had hoped that viewers would flock to watch the bust-ups between the two women judges."
The other woman being referred to was Cheryl Cole, who is judging on "The X Factor" (UK) alongside music mogul Simon Cowell, returning judge Louis Walsh and newly confirmed judge Mel B.
Tellymix reported that Simon Cowell admitted that Cole has the pressure on "The X Factor" this year, saying that there has been a lot of buzz about the 30-year-old singer returning on the show. Cowell, however, continued that he thinks Cole is "going to be great and will cope up with the pressure."
"It's perfect for me, too, because it takes a lot of that pressure off me!" the music mogul added.
Meanwhile, for everyone who thinks Mel B and Cheryl Cole are going to clash on the show, it appears that what happen on the show will be exactly the opposite based on reactions from sources close to both female judges.
"Cheryl is delighted that Simon agreed to have another woman. She deeply believed that the panel should be gender equal," a source close to Cole told the Mirror.
"For both Cheryl and Mel this is a job. They both want to find good acts and neither wants to get into any rows," the source added.
The 39-year-old singer was spotted leaving Sydney airport in time to join Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh at the judges' table as the auditions start and the search for the next singing star on "The X Factor" begins.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight