‘The X Factor’ (UK) 2014: Mel B Refuses to Become ‘Miss Nasty;’ Simon Cowell Says Cheryl Cole Has the ‘Pressure’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 16, 2014 3:31 PM EST
There's a big possibility that the audience will be expecting a sweet show on the new season of "The X Factor" UK as the new judge Mel B reportedly revealed that she is refusing to become "Miss Nasty" to avoid controversies on ITV's reality singing show.
Singer Cheryl Cole blows a kiss as she poses on the red carpet for the screening of the film "Foxcatcher" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
Simon Cowell reportedly wanted former Spice Girl to be as scary as she can be to the contestants, but Mirror reported that Mel B refused, insisting that she won't be "Miss Nasty."
"There is no way she is going to do that bitchy thing with anyone and has told Simon so," a source close to Mel B told Mirror. "He [Cowell] isn't happy at all. He had hoped that viewers would flock to watch the bust-ups between the two women judges."
The other woman being referred to was Cheryl Cole, who is judging on "The X Factor" (UK) alongside music mogul Simon Cowell, returning judge Louis Walsh and newly confirmed judge Mel B.
Tellymix reported that Simon Cowell admitted that Cole has the pressure on "The X Factor" this year, saying that there has been a lot of buzz about the 30-year-old singer returning on the show. Cowell, however, continued that he thinks Cole is "going to be great and will cope up with the pressure."
"It's perfect for me, too, because it takes a lot of that pressure off me!" the music mogul added.
Meanwhile, for everyone who thinks Mel B and Cheryl Cole are going to clash on the show, it appears that what happen on the show will be exactly the opposite based on reactions from sources close to both female judges.
"Cheryl is delighted that Simon agreed to have another woman. She deeply believed that the panel should be gender equal," a source close to Cole told the Mirror.
"For both Cheryl and Mel this is a job. They both want to find good acts and neither wants to get into any rows," the source added.
The 39-year-old singer was spotted leaving Sydney airport in time to join Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh at the judges' table as the auditions start and the search for the next singing star on "The X Factor" begins.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015