‘The X Factor’ (UK) 2014: Mel B Refuses to Become ‘Miss Nasty;’ Simon Cowell Says Cheryl Cole Has the ‘Pressure’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 16, 2014 3:31 PM EST
There's a big possibility that the audience will be expecting a sweet show on the new season of "The X Factor" UK as the new judge Mel B reportedly revealed that she is refusing to become "Miss Nasty" to avoid controversies on ITV's reality singing show.
Singer Cheryl Cole blows a kiss as she poses on the red carpet for the screening of the film "Foxcatcher" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
Simon Cowell reportedly wanted former Spice Girl to be as scary as she can be to the contestants, but Mirror reported that Mel B refused, insisting that she won't be "Miss Nasty."
"There is no way she is going to do that bitchy thing with anyone and has told Simon so," a source close to Mel B told Mirror. "He [Cowell] isn't happy at all. He had hoped that viewers would flock to watch the bust-ups between the two women judges."
The other woman being referred to was Cheryl Cole, who is judging on "The X Factor" (UK) alongside music mogul Simon Cowell, returning judge Louis Walsh and newly confirmed judge Mel B.
Tellymix reported that Simon Cowell admitted that Cole has the pressure on "The X Factor" this year, saying that there has been a lot of buzz about the 30-year-old singer returning on the show. Cowell, however, continued that he thinks Cole is "going to be great and will cope up with the pressure."
"It's perfect for me, too, because it takes a lot of that pressure off me!" the music mogul added.
Meanwhile, for everyone who thinks Mel B and Cheryl Cole are going to clash on the show, it appears that what happen on the show will be exactly the opposite based on reactions from sources close to both female judges.
"Cheryl is delighted that Simon agreed to have another woman. She deeply believed that the panel should be gender equal," a source close to Cole told the Mirror.
"For both Cheryl and Mel this is a job. They both want to find good acts and neither wants to get into any rows," the source added.
The 39-year-old singer was spotted leaving Sydney airport in time to join Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh at the judges' table as the auditions start and the search for the next singing star on "The X Factor" begins.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report