‘The X Factor’ (UK) 2014: Mel B Refuses to Become ‘Miss Nasty;’ Simon Cowell Says Cheryl Cole Has the ‘Pressure’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 16, 2014 3:31 PM EST
There's a big possibility that the audience will be expecting a sweet show on the new season of "The X Factor" UK as the new judge Mel B reportedly revealed that she is refusing to become "Miss Nasty" to avoid controversies on ITV's reality singing show.
Singer Cheryl Cole blows a kiss as she poses on the red carpet for the screening of the film "Foxcatcher" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
Simon Cowell reportedly wanted former Spice Girl to be as scary as she can be to the contestants, but Mirror reported that Mel B refused, insisting that she won't be "Miss Nasty."
"There is no way she is going to do that bitchy thing with anyone and has told Simon so," a source close to Mel B told Mirror. "He [Cowell] isn't happy at all. He had hoped that viewers would flock to watch the bust-ups between the two women judges."
The other woman being referred to was Cheryl Cole, who is judging on "The X Factor" (UK) alongside music mogul Simon Cowell, returning judge Louis Walsh and newly confirmed judge Mel B.
Tellymix reported that Simon Cowell admitted that Cole has the pressure on "The X Factor" this year, saying that there has been a lot of buzz about the 30-year-old singer returning on the show. Cowell, however, continued that he thinks Cole is "going to be great and will cope up with the pressure."
"It's perfect for me, too, because it takes a lot of that pressure off me!" the music mogul added.
Meanwhile, for everyone who thinks Mel B and Cheryl Cole are going to clash on the show, it appears that what happen on the show will be exactly the opposite based on reactions from sources close to both female judges.
"Cheryl is delighted that Simon agreed to have another woman. She deeply believed that the panel should be gender equal," a source close to Cole told the Mirror.
"For both Cheryl and Mel this is a job. They both want to find good acts and neither wants to get into any rows," the source added.
The 39-year-old singer was spotted leaving Sydney airport in time to join Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh at the judges' table as the auditions start and the search for the next singing star on "The X Factor" begins.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best