‘The X Factor’ (UK) 2014: Mel B Refuses to Become ‘Miss Nasty;’ Simon Cowell Says Cheryl Cole Has the ‘Pressure’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 16, 2014 3:31 PM EST
There's a big possibility that the audience will be expecting a sweet show on the new season of "The X Factor" UK as the new judge Mel B reportedly revealed that she is refusing to become "Miss Nasty" to avoid controversies on ITV's reality singing show.
Singer Cheryl Cole blows a kiss as she poses on the red carpet for the screening of the film "Foxcatcher" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
Simon Cowell reportedly wanted former Spice Girl to be as scary as she can be to the contestants, but Mirror reported that Mel B refused, insisting that she won't be "Miss Nasty."
"There is no way she is going to do that bitchy thing with anyone and has told Simon so," a source close to Mel B told Mirror. "He [Cowell] isn't happy at all. He had hoped that viewers would flock to watch the bust-ups between the two women judges."
The other woman being referred to was Cheryl Cole, who is judging on "The X Factor" (UK) alongside music mogul Simon Cowell, returning judge Louis Walsh and newly confirmed judge Mel B.
Tellymix reported that Simon Cowell admitted that Cole has the pressure on "The X Factor" this year, saying that there has been a lot of buzz about the 30-year-old singer returning on the show. Cowell, however, continued that he thinks Cole is "going to be great and will cope up with the pressure."
"It's perfect for me, too, because it takes a lot of that pressure off me!" the music mogul added.
Meanwhile, for everyone who thinks Mel B and Cheryl Cole are going to clash on the show, it appears that what happen on the show will be exactly the opposite based on reactions from sources close to both female judges.
"Cheryl is delighted that Simon agreed to have another woman. She deeply believed that the panel should be gender equal," a source close to Cole told the Mirror.
"For both Cheryl and Mel this is a job. They both want to find good acts and neither wants to get into any rows," the source added.
The 39-year-old singer was spotted leaving Sydney airport in time to join Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh at the judges' table as the auditions start and the search for the next singing star on "The X Factor" begins.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’