Samsung Unveils Two New Galaxy Tab S Tablets With High-end Display And Thinner Than iPad Air
By Naveena Joy | June 16, 2014 3:17 PM EST
The Korean electronics giant, during an event in New York at the Madison Square Garden theater, has unveiled its two new Galaxy Tab S tablets: 10.4-inch and 8.4-inch models. Both models have the same internal as far as specs are concerned. But they come with a high-end display capable of color-rich pictures.
Samsung introduced its Super AMOLED display in a tablet for the first time. It is similar to Galaxy S5 phone, which became popular as the best screen in the market.
Tablets are getting popular how people have started using them in their daily life, watching online videos and reading magazines.
CNET reported Samsung called its new flagship tablets as "personal visual devices," pumping up the picture quality. The company brought a wider color range to the screen and announced HD quality for Netflix and YouTube.
Samsung made different tablet models under the Galaxy name. But Galaxy Tab S will be marketed as the company's flagship brand. In the U.S., both the tablets will be available in July and priced the same as iPad Mini and iPad Air. The 8.4-incher starts at $399 while 10.5-incher starts at $499.
The tablets are very thin and light measuring only 6.6 mm thick that is thinner than iPad Air, which is 7.5 mm thick. As far as weight is concerned, 10.5-inch tablet weighs 1 pound while 8.4-inch model weighs 10 ounces.
The Business Insider reported the tablets look similar to Galaxy S5, especially from the back as it has the same tacky dimpled plastic, but from the front it looks good. Unlike previous tablets, Galaxy Tab S feels sturdy instead of creaky and plastic. There is also a bronze loured border along its sides.
Galaxy Tab S also has a fingerprint sensor implanted in the home button. This can be used to unlock the device without a passcode or make payments through PayPal. Samsung also designed new cases for its new tablet called Book Covers. It helps to view from three different angles once kept in the table.
The handset works on Android but Samsung has customized the software a lot and added its own features like it can pair with Galaxy smartphone with the help of a Wi-Fi and drag, drop photos and files also make calls in the tablet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28