Australian Actress Rebel Wilson Upset Over Emmy Award Snub
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 3:14 PM EST
Australian star Rebel Wilson is upset that her now-defunct show “Super Fun Night” wasn’t nominated for an Emmy Award.
The 28-year-old actress expressed her frustration on Twitter, saying that not being nominated is akin to being banned from buying a raffle ticket.
“Oh man, I realise my show Super Fun Night was cancelled, but it sucks that they didn’t even put me in the race for the Emmys,” she wrote, referring to the U.S. network ABC.
The alphabet station announced in May that it was cancelling Rebel’s sitcom after just one season.
“Not that I thought I would have a chance of winning but there wasn’t many females heading network comedies and I might’ve had a slight chance at the 6th nomination slot. Oh well, will have to just try for Oscar or Tony.”
Rebel, who not only starred in “Super Fun Night,” but also created the series, added that although she didn’t think she would really win, it would have been nice just to be nominated.
“I just feel like I’ve been banned from buying a raffle ticket for a raffle I had super fat chance of winning anyways.”
Emmy Award might not be in Rebel’s immediate future, but perhaps an Academy Award is.
The Sydney native revealed to Ellen DeGeneres on her talk show in 2013 that she decided to become an actress after dreaming that she was one and that she won an Oscar.
She was a youth ambassador for Rotary International and was based in South Africa when she found her true calling.
“While I was there [South Africa] spreading goodwill across the African continent, I got malaria really badly,” she told Ellen.
“I was in hospital hallucinating... during the hallucination, I dreamt that I was an actress and I was really, really good,” Rebel said, to which Ellen agreed that she was indeed a good actress.
“I dreamt that I won an Academy Award... and instead of doing an acceptance speech I did an acceptance rap.”
She then proceeded to rap what she said in her dream.
Watch her interview:
Rebel will be reprising her role as Fat Amy in “Pitch Perfect 2,” which is set to hit theatres in May 2015. She has also joined the cast of the comedy flick “Grimsby,” starring Sacha Baron Cohen, Mark Strong and Gabourey Sidibe. It will be released in July 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6