Australian Actress Rebel Wilson Upset Over Emmy Award Snub
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 3:14 PM EST
Australian star Rebel Wilson is upset that her now-defunct show “Super Fun Night” wasn’t nominated for an Emmy Award.
The 28-year-old actress expressed her frustration on Twitter, saying that not being nominated is akin to being banned from buying a raffle ticket.
“Oh man, I realise my show Super Fun Night was cancelled, but it sucks that they didn’t even put me in the race for the Emmys,” she wrote, referring to the U.S. network ABC.
The alphabet station announced in May that it was cancelling Rebel’s sitcom after just one season.
“Not that I thought I would have a chance of winning but there wasn’t many females heading network comedies and I might’ve had a slight chance at the 6th nomination slot. Oh well, will have to just try for Oscar or Tony.”
Rebel, who not only starred in “Super Fun Night,” but also created the series, added that although she didn’t think she would really win, it would have been nice just to be nominated.
“I just feel like I’ve been banned from buying a raffle ticket for a raffle I had super fat chance of winning anyways.”
Emmy Award might not be in Rebel’s immediate future, but perhaps an Academy Award is.
The Sydney native revealed to Ellen DeGeneres on her talk show in 2013 that she decided to become an actress after dreaming that she was one and that she won an Oscar.
She was a youth ambassador for Rotary International and was based in South Africa when she found her true calling.
“While I was there [South Africa] spreading goodwill across the African continent, I got malaria really badly,” she told Ellen.
“I was in hospital hallucinating... during the hallucination, I dreamt that I was an actress and I was really, really good,” Rebel said, to which Ellen agreed that she was indeed a good actress.
“I dreamt that I won an Academy Award... and instead of doing an acceptance speech I did an acceptance rap.”
She then proceeded to rap what she said in her dream.
Watch her interview:
Rebel will be reprising her role as Fat Amy in “Pitch Perfect 2,” which is set to hit theatres in May 2015. She has also joined the cast of the comedy flick “Grimsby,” starring Sacha Baron Cohen, Mark Strong and Gabourey Sidibe. It will be released in July 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues