Kelly Clarkson 'Overjoyed' With Baby Girl River Rose, Upcoming Album More Mature Because of Daughter
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Kelly Clarkson has given birth to her baby daughter, River Rose, on Thursday. She and her husband are beyond elation with their new child.
Kelly Clarkson performs "Don't Rush" during the 48th ACM Awards in Las Vegas April 7, 2013.
She also wrote on the social networking site, "Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes! Brandon and I are on cloud 9!!"
The "Stronger" singer had once shared her ordeal of keeping food down while battling with morning sickness. She shared to her Twitter fans at the time: "Ladies if you r pregnant & sick as a dog trust me when I say the one thing u will keep down might just be 'baked potatoes' #godblesspotatoes"
Clarkson, despite her difficult pregnancies and crazy bouts of morning sickness, is a happy camper to being pregnant and the prospect of being a mom. She once tweeted on April 24, "It's my birthday!!!! For my birthday I have asked my unborn baby girl to sleep through the night and laugh a lot when she comes out :)"
She got married to Brandon Blackstock in a low-key event in Tennessee in October 2013. As early as then, she was already excited to become pregnant and have a baby of her own. She was already a stepmom to Brandon's two children from the first marriage, Seth, 7, and Savannah, 11. Just a month after their marriage, the couple announced that they were already expecting their first child.
Despite being pregnant, this did not stop Clarkson from putting up a new album. Admittedly, she said she got a bit distracted with the idea of having a baby.
She said her record label freaked out for a while when she cannot stop talking about babies and not her music. But she still managed to create a new album and reportedly different from her typical country albums.
According to Producer Jesse Shatkin, the album showcased Clarkson as an electric banger. Probably because of her baby, the producer claimed the album demonstrated that she can "really be open-mnded" and be mature with experimenting new sounds, Guardian LV reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica