Kelly Clarkson 'Overjoyed' With Baby Girl River Rose, Upcoming Album More Mature Because of Daughter
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Kelly Clarkson has given birth to her baby daughter, River Rose, on Thursday. She and her husband are beyond elation with their new child.
Kelly Clarkson performs "Don't Rush" during the 48th ACM Awards in Las Vegas April 7, 2013.
She also wrote on the social networking site, "Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes! Brandon and I are on cloud 9!!"
The "Stronger" singer had once shared her ordeal of keeping food down while battling with morning sickness. She shared to her Twitter fans at the time: "Ladies if you r pregnant & sick as a dog trust me when I say the one thing u will keep down might just be 'baked potatoes' #godblesspotatoes"
Clarkson, despite her difficult pregnancies and crazy bouts of morning sickness, is a happy camper to being pregnant and the prospect of being a mom. She once tweeted on April 24, "It's my birthday!!!! For my birthday I have asked my unborn baby girl to sleep through the night and laugh a lot when she comes out :)"
She got married to Brandon Blackstock in a low-key event in Tennessee in October 2013. As early as then, she was already excited to become pregnant and have a baby of her own. She was already a stepmom to Brandon's two children from the first marriage, Seth, 7, and Savannah, 11. Just a month after their marriage, the couple announced that they were already expecting their first child.
Despite being pregnant, this did not stop Clarkson from putting up a new album. Admittedly, she said she got a bit distracted with the idea of having a baby.
She said her record label freaked out for a while when she cannot stop talking about babies and not her music. But she still managed to create a new album and reportedly different from her typical country albums.
According to Producer Jesse Shatkin, the album showcased Clarkson as an electric banger. Probably because of her baby, the producer claimed the album demonstrated that she can "really be open-mnded" and be mature with experimenting new sounds, Guardian LV reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal