Kelly Clarkson 'Overjoyed' With Baby Girl River Rose, Upcoming Album More Mature Because of Daughter
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Kelly Clarkson has given birth to her baby daughter, River Rose, on Thursday. She and her husband are beyond elation with their new child.
Kelly Clarkson performs "Don't Rush" during the 48th ACM Awards in Las Vegas April 7, 2013.
She also wrote on the social networking site, "Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes! Brandon and I are on cloud 9!!"
The "Stronger" singer had once shared her ordeal of keeping food down while battling with morning sickness. She shared to her Twitter fans at the time: "Ladies if you r pregnant & sick as a dog trust me when I say the one thing u will keep down might just be 'baked potatoes' #godblesspotatoes"
Clarkson, despite her difficult pregnancies and crazy bouts of morning sickness, is a happy camper to being pregnant and the prospect of being a mom. She once tweeted on April 24, "It's my birthday!!!! For my birthday I have asked my unborn baby girl to sleep through the night and laugh a lot when she comes out :)"
She got married to Brandon Blackstock in a low-key event in Tennessee in October 2013. As early as then, she was already excited to become pregnant and have a baby of her own. She was already a stepmom to Brandon's two children from the first marriage, Seth, 7, and Savannah, 11. Just a month after their marriage, the couple announced that they were already expecting their first child.
Despite being pregnant, this did not stop Clarkson from putting up a new album. Admittedly, she said she got a bit distracted with the idea of having a baby.
She said her record label freaked out for a while when she cannot stop talking about babies and not her music. But she still managed to create a new album and reportedly different from her typical country albums.
According to Producer Jesse Shatkin, the album showcased Clarkson as an electric banger. Probably because of her baby, the producer claimed the album demonstrated that she can "really be open-mnded" and be mature with experimenting new sounds, Guardian LV reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues