Kelly Clarkson 'Overjoyed' With Baby Girl River Rose, Upcoming Album More Mature Because of Daughter
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Kelly Clarkson has given birth to her baby daughter, River Rose, on Thursday. She and her husband are beyond elation with their new child.
Kelly Clarkson performs "Don't Rush" during the 48th ACM Awards in Las Vegas April 7, 2013.
She also wrote on the social networking site, "Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes! Brandon and I are on cloud 9!!"
The "Stronger" singer had once shared her ordeal of keeping food down while battling with morning sickness. She shared to her Twitter fans at the time: "Ladies if you r pregnant & sick as a dog trust me when I say the one thing u will keep down might just be 'baked potatoes' #godblesspotatoes"
Clarkson, despite her difficult pregnancies and crazy bouts of morning sickness, is a happy camper to being pregnant and the prospect of being a mom. She once tweeted on April 24, "It's my birthday!!!! For my birthday I have asked my unborn baby girl to sleep through the night and laugh a lot when she comes out :)"
She got married to Brandon Blackstock in a low-key event in Tennessee in October 2013. As early as then, she was already excited to become pregnant and have a baby of her own. She was already a stepmom to Brandon's two children from the first marriage, Seth, 7, and Savannah, 11. Just a month after their marriage, the couple announced that they were already expecting their first child.
Despite being pregnant, this did not stop Clarkson from putting up a new album. Admittedly, she said she got a bit distracted with the idea of having a baby.
She said her record label freaked out for a while when she cannot stop talking about babies and not her music. But she still managed to create a new album and reportedly different from her typical country albums.
According to Producer Jesse Shatkin, the album showcased Clarkson as an electric banger. Probably because of her baby, the producer claimed the album demonstrated that she can "really be open-mnded" and be mature with experimenting new sounds, Guardian LV reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]