Kelly Clarkson 'Overjoyed' With Baby Girl River Rose, Upcoming Album More Mature Because of Daughter
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Kelly Clarkson has given birth to her baby daughter, River Rose, on Thursday. She and her husband are beyond elation with their new child.
Kelly Clarkson performs "Don't Rush" during the 48th ACM Awards in Las Vegas April 7, 2013.
She also wrote on the social networking site, "Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes! Brandon and I are on cloud 9!!"
The "Stronger" singer had once shared her ordeal of keeping food down while battling with morning sickness. She shared to her Twitter fans at the time: "Ladies if you r pregnant & sick as a dog trust me when I say the one thing u will keep down might just be 'baked potatoes' #godblesspotatoes"
Clarkson, despite her difficult pregnancies and crazy bouts of morning sickness, is a happy camper to being pregnant and the prospect of being a mom. She once tweeted on April 24, "It's my birthday!!!! For my birthday I have asked my unborn baby girl to sleep through the night and laugh a lot when she comes out :)"
She got married to Brandon Blackstock in a low-key event in Tennessee in October 2013. As early as then, she was already excited to become pregnant and have a baby of her own. She was already a stepmom to Brandon's two children from the first marriage, Seth, 7, and Savannah, 11. Just a month after their marriage, the couple announced that they were already expecting their first child.
Despite being pregnant, this did not stop Clarkson from putting up a new album. Admittedly, she said she got a bit distracted with the idea of having a baby.
She said her record label freaked out for a while when she cannot stop talking about babies and not her music. But she still managed to create a new album and reportedly different from her typical country albums.
According to Producer Jesse Shatkin, the album showcased Clarkson as an electric banger. Probably because of her baby, the producer claimed the album demonstrated that she can "really be open-mnded" and be mature with experimenting new sounds, Guardian LV reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]