‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Finale - What The Show Did Not Tell You [Spoilers]
By Sachin Trivedi | June 16, 2014 3:10 PM EST
Season 4 of "Game of Thrones" comes to a close in what could be seen as the best finale yet. With another brilliant performance by the cast and new twists in the tale, the finale had the viewers hooked from start to the finish. But there were a few things missing in the show and that will have consequences in the future. Spoilers ahead.
All the cast members gave one of their best performances in the "Game of Thrones" finale and viewers may be confused while choosing the best performer in this episode. Tyrion Lannister, played by Peter Dinklage, gave another brilliant performance and his performance was matched by Daenerys Targaryen, played by Emila Clarke and the character of Arya Stark, played by Maisie Williams.
The finale has everything that a fan could ask for - the drama, suspense and the shocking deaths in the show kept the viewers engaged. The show also had skeletons rising from their graves to fight in the north, beyond the Wall, and a heartbreaking scene of a mother locking up her dragons.
But in terms of the story, there were a few things missing in the show. The TV show is based on the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" written by George R. R. Martin. Fans of the book series will find that a crucial element from Tyrion's life has not been mentioned in the show.
According to the books Tyrion was once married to a girl, a commoner. His father Tywin did not approve of the marriage and had arranged for her to be seen as a whore. Tyrion did not know this truth until Jaime confessed it to Tyrion while he was escaping. Tyrion in turn told Jaime about the affairs of Cersei Lannister and in a fit of rage confesses to killing Joffrey, although he did not do it.
This past incident from Tyrion's life was also discussed by him with his father before killing him. It was one of the important factors that drove him to killing his father. But the "Game of Thrones" Season 4 finale chose not to show any of this and instead chose to highlight Tyrion's love for Shae.
Tyrion's love for his first wife and his need to find her is an important element in the books. He is constantly seen obsessing about how he had wronged her and wants to see her again. This omission in "Game of Thrones" Season 4 may need to be corrected in the future. The character may become important in the upcoming book "Winds of Winter."
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Finale Spoilers - Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark [Read]
'Chasing Life' Episode 1 Recap and Review [Premiere Spoilers] [Read]
'Star Wars' 7-Top 5 Unseen Planets that Need to be Explored in the Movie [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones