'Game of Thrones' Kit Harington On Dating Emilia Clarke, Talks Dragons And 'How To Train Your Dragon 2'
By Tanya Diente | June 16, 2014 2:26 PM EST
Kit Harington, "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow, who voiced Eret the dragon trader in "How To Train Your Dragon 2," wants to own a dragon and thinks it's wonderful that GOT fans want him to date Emilia Clarke.
(L-R) Cast members Jay Baruchel, Kit Harington, America Ferrera, Cate Blanchett, and Djimon Hounsou pose on the red carpet as they arrive for the screening of the film "How to Train Your Dragon 2" out of competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 16, 2014.
If ever "Game of Thrones" Daenerys wants to have one of her dragons adopted, Kit Harington prefers Rhaegal among others. Vulture caught up with "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow (Kit Harington) during the Cinema Society screening of "How To Train Your Dragon 2," where he revealed Jon Snow's dragon of choice.
"I'd want Viserion. No, wait - I'd have Rhaegal. He's the green one. I'd have the green one. He just kind of takes my fancy. Certainly, Jon Snow should have a black one. That would suit him best, because he's from the Night's Watch, but I guess I'll let Dany keep him. That's her baby," he told Vulture in an interview.
Harington has been surrounded by the mythical creatures in his projects because recently he is the voice behind Eret, the dragon trader, in "How to Train Your Dragon 2" from Dreamworks SKG.
If given the chance to own a dragon, Harrington told Vulture in an interview that he would go for some flying lessons first and take his dragon out for a spin, since "flying on the back of a dragon would be awesome!"
However, if "Game of Thrones" character Jon Snow owns a dragon, it would be a different story. Harington assumes Jon Snow would be practical with the dragon. He would use the dragon as a weapon to fight the White Walkers or as an aid in making dragon glass.
The British actor said that his Jon Snow character is his total opposite in real life, because he has no desire to conquer other people.
For Harington, having a dragon means needing a big garden where he and his dragon can play around. He also prefers a dragon his own age, 27, likening it to "How To Train Your Dragon 2" where Toothless is the same age as Hiccup, that's why they bonded so well.
While on the topic of dragons, Kit Harington also shared with E! his thoughts on the "Game of Thrones" fandom of Kit Harington's Jon Snow dating Emilia Clarke's Daenerys.
"I find it wonderful that people root for anyone," Harington told E! at the sidelines of the New York screening of "How to Train Your Dragon 2."
The chances of Jon Snow hooking up with Daenerys and ultimately rule from the Iron Throne are looking pretty good. Kit Harington had revealed that he comes out of "Game of Thrones" season finale alive and is set to film Season 5 of "Game of Thrones" in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown