'Game of Thrones' Kit Harington On Dating Emilia Clarke, Talks Dragons And 'How To Train Your Dragon 2'
By Tanya Diente | June 16, 2014 2:26 PM EST
Kit Harington, "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow, who voiced Eret the dragon trader in "How To Train Your Dragon 2," wants to own a dragon and thinks it's wonderful that GOT fans want him to date Emilia Clarke.
(L-R) Cast members Jay Baruchel, Kit Harington, America Ferrera, Cate Blanchett, and Djimon Hounsou pose on the red carpet as they arrive for the screening of the film "How to Train Your Dragon 2" out of competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 16, 2014.
If ever "Game of Thrones" Daenerys wants to have one of her dragons adopted, Kit Harington prefers Rhaegal among others. Vulture caught up with "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow (Kit Harington) during the Cinema Society screening of "How To Train Your Dragon 2," where he revealed Jon Snow's dragon of choice.
"I'd want Viserion. No, wait - I'd have Rhaegal. He's the green one. I'd have the green one. He just kind of takes my fancy. Certainly, Jon Snow should have a black one. That would suit him best, because he's from the Night's Watch, but I guess I'll let Dany keep him. That's her baby," he told Vulture in an interview.
Harington has been surrounded by the mythical creatures in his projects because recently he is the voice behind Eret, the dragon trader, in "How to Train Your Dragon 2" from Dreamworks SKG.
If given the chance to own a dragon, Harrington told Vulture in an interview that he would go for some flying lessons first and take his dragon out for a spin, since "flying on the back of a dragon would be awesome!"
However, if "Game of Thrones" character Jon Snow owns a dragon, it would be a different story. Harington assumes Jon Snow would be practical with the dragon. He would use the dragon as a weapon to fight the White Walkers or as an aid in making dragon glass.
The British actor said that his Jon Snow character is his total opposite in real life, because he has no desire to conquer other people.
For Harington, having a dragon means needing a big garden where he and his dragon can play around. He also prefers a dragon his own age, 27, likening it to "How To Train Your Dragon 2" where Toothless is the same age as Hiccup, that's why they bonded so well.
While on the topic of dragons, Kit Harington also shared with E! his thoughts on the "Game of Thrones" fandom of Kit Harington's Jon Snow dating Emilia Clarke's Daenerys.
"I find it wonderful that people root for anyone," Harington told E! at the sidelines of the New York screening of "How to Train Your Dragon 2."
The chances of Jon Snow hooking up with Daenerys and ultimately rule from the Iron Throne are looking pretty good. Kit Harington had revealed that he comes out of "Game of Thrones" season finale alive and is set to film Season 5 of "Game of Thrones" in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8