'Game of Thrones' Kit Harington On Dating Emilia Clarke, Talks Dragons And 'How To Train Your Dragon 2'
By Tanya Diente | June 16, 2014 2:26 PM EST
Kit Harington, "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow, who voiced Eret the dragon trader in "How To Train Your Dragon 2," wants to own a dragon and thinks it's wonderful that GOT fans want him to date Emilia Clarke.
(L-R) Cast members Jay Baruchel, Kit Harington, America Ferrera, Cate Blanchett, and Djimon Hounsou pose on the red carpet as they arrive for the screening of the film "How to Train Your Dragon 2" out of competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 16, 2014.
If ever "Game of Thrones" Daenerys wants to have one of her dragons adopted, Kit Harington prefers Rhaegal among others. Vulture caught up with "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow (Kit Harington) during the Cinema Society screening of "How To Train Your Dragon 2," where he revealed Jon Snow's dragon of choice.
"I'd want Viserion. No, wait - I'd have Rhaegal. He's the green one. I'd have the green one. He just kind of takes my fancy. Certainly, Jon Snow should have a black one. That would suit him best, because he's from the Night's Watch, but I guess I'll let Dany keep him. That's her baby," he told Vulture in an interview.
Harington has been surrounded by the mythical creatures in his projects because recently he is the voice behind Eret, the dragon trader, in "How to Train Your Dragon 2" from Dreamworks SKG.
If given the chance to own a dragon, Harrington told Vulture in an interview that he would go for some flying lessons first and take his dragon out for a spin, since "flying on the back of a dragon would be awesome!"
However, if "Game of Thrones" character Jon Snow owns a dragon, it would be a different story. Harington assumes Jon Snow would be practical with the dragon. He would use the dragon as a weapon to fight the White Walkers or as an aid in making dragon glass.
The British actor said that his Jon Snow character is his total opposite in real life, because he has no desire to conquer other people.
For Harington, having a dragon means needing a big garden where he and his dragon can play around. He also prefers a dragon his own age, 27, likening it to "How To Train Your Dragon 2" where Toothless is the same age as Hiccup, that's why they bonded so well.
While on the topic of dragons, Kit Harington also shared with E! his thoughts on the "Game of Thrones" fandom of Kit Harington's Jon Snow dating Emilia Clarke's Daenerys.
"I find it wonderful that people root for anyone," Harington told E! at the sidelines of the New York screening of "How to Train Your Dragon 2."
The chances of Jon Snow hooking up with Daenerys and ultimately rule from the Iron Throne are looking pretty good. Kit Harington had revealed that he comes out of "Game of Thrones" season finale alive and is set to film Season 5 of "Game of Thrones" in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone