'Game of Thrones' Kit Harington On Dating Emilia Clarke, Talks Dragons And 'How To Train Your Dragon 2'
By Tanya Diente | June 16, 2014 2:26 PM EST
Kit Harington, "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow, who voiced Eret the dragon trader in "How To Train Your Dragon 2," wants to own a dragon and thinks it's wonderful that GOT fans want him to date Emilia Clarke.
(L-R) Cast members Jay Baruchel, Kit Harington, America Ferrera, Cate Blanchett, and Djimon Hounsou pose on the red carpet as they arrive for the screening of the film "How to Train Your Dragon 2" out of competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 16, 2014.
If ever "Game of Thrones" Daenerys wants to have one of her dragons adopted, Kit Harington prefers Rhaegal among others. Vulture caught up with "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow (Kit Harington) during the Cinema Society screening of "How To Train Your Dragon 2," where he revealed Jon Snow's dragon of choice.
"I'd want Viserion. No, wait - I'd have Rhaegal. He's the green one. I'd have the green one. He just kind of takes my fancy. Certainly, Jon Snow should have a black one. That would suit him best, because he's from the Night's Watch, but I guess I'll let Dany keep him. That's her baby," he told Vulture in an interview.
Harington has been surrounded by the mythical creatures in his projects because recently he is the voice behind Eret, the dragon trader, in "How to Train Your Dragon 2" from Dreamworks SKG.
If given the chance to own a dragon, Harrington told Vulture in an interview that he would go for some flying lessons first and take his dragon out for a spin, since "flying on the back of a dragon would be awesome!"
However, if "Game of Thrones" character Jon Snow owns a dragon, it would be a different story. Harington assumes Jon Snow would be practical with the dragon. He would use the dragon as a weapon to fight the White Walkers or as an aid in making dragon glass.
The British actor said that his Jon Snow character is his total opposite in real life, because he has no desire to conquer other people.
For Harington, having a dragon means needing a big garden where he and his dragon can play around. He also prefers a dragon his own age, 27, likening it to "How To Train Your Dragon 2" where Toothless is the same age as Hiccup, that's why they bonded so well.
While on the topic of dragons, Kit Harington also shared with E! his thoughts on the "Game of Thrones" fandom of Kit Harington's Jon Snow dating Emilia Clarke's Daenerys.
"I find it wonderful that people root for anyone," Harington told E! at the sidelines of the New York screening of "How to Train Your Dragon 2."
The chances of Jon Snow hooking up with Daenerys and ultimately rule from the Iron Throne are looking pretty good. Kit Harington had revealed that he comes out of "Game of Thrones" season finale alive and is set to film Season 5 of "Game of Thrones" in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar