Lana Del Rey Wants to Die Than Disrespected
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Despite her fame, especially when she performed during Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's wedding, Lana Del Rey thinks her life is messed up and she'd rather be dead that anything in this world right now, raising speculations that she's suffering from dangerous and severe depression. It was not the first time that her name was associated with the disease. This however, is the first time Lana claimed to the public that she wants to die, New York Daily News reports, which raised alarm bells among the fans of the singer.
According to the NY daily News, the singer revealed to a British newspaper that she wishes she's dead.
"I wish I was dead already," adding, "I do! I don't want to have to keep doing this. But I am," said the songstress in a report by The Guardian.
When asked what she meant by "doing this," Del Rey replied: "Everything. That's just how I feel. If it wasn't that way, then I wouldn't say it. I would be scared if I knew [DEATH]was coming, but..."
"Family members will come on the road with me and say: 'Wow, your life is just like a movie!'" she says at one point. "And I'm like: 'Yeah, a really f*cked-up movie.'"
Her current delusion and depression can be accounted for by her feelings of being unappreciated and disrespected, Mail Online reports.
"I feel like my work's important, but I don't always feel like I get respect for it...when I feel like people don't like [my] music and that the 10 years I spent making what I made was not for a good reason, that makes me want to drink again."
Still, her song from "The Great Gatsby" - "The Young and Beautiful" amassed huge amount of praises, and many claimed that it will be nominated for a 2014 Academy Award, Mail Online UK shares.
The same song was the sung during Kim Kardashian and Kanye West wedding. Reportedly, Kim Kardashian cannot keep the song out of her head ever since it was played during their romantic engagement at San Francisco that she had to gush about it on Twitter. Kanye West caught on and invited Lana Del Rey to sing live on the couple's wedding weekend.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan