Lana Del Rey Wants to Die Than Disrespected
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Despite her fame, especially when she performed during Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's wedding, Lana Del Rey thinks her life is messed up and she'd rather be dead that anything in this world right now, raising speculations that she's suffering from dangerous and severe depression. It was not the first time that her name was associated with the disease. This however, is the first time Lana claimed to the public that she wants to die, New York Daily News reports, which raised alarm bells among the fans of the singer.
According to the NY daily News, the singer revealed to a British newspaper that she wishes she's dead.
"I wish I was dead already," adding, "I do! I don't want to have to keep doing this. But I am," said the songstress in a report by The Guardian.
When asked what she meant by "doing this," Del Rey replied: "Everything. That's just how I feel. If it wasn't that way, then I wouldn't say it. I would be scared if I knew [DEATH]was coming, but..."
"Family members will come on the road with me and say: 'Wow, your life is just like a movie!'" she says at one point. "And I'm like: 'Yeah, a really f*cked-up movie.'"
Her current delusion and depression can be accounted for by her feelings of being unappreciated and disrespected, Mail Online reports.
"I feel like my work's important, but I don't always feel like I get respect for it...when I feel like people don't like [my] music and that the 10 years I spent making what I made was not for a good reason, that makes me want to drink again."
Still, her song from "The Great Gatsby" - "The Young and Beautiful" amassed huge amount of praises, and many claimed that it will be nominated for a 2014 Academy Award, Mail Online UK shares.
The same song was the sung during Kim Kardashian and Kanye West wedding. Reportedly, Kim Kardashian cannot keep the song out of her head ever since it was played during their romantic engagement at San Francisco that she had to gush about it on Twitter. Kanye West caught on and invited Lana Del Rey to sing live on the couple's wedding weekend.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]