Lana Del Rey Wants to Die Than Disrespected
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Despite her fame, especially when she performed during Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's wedding, Lana Del Rey thinks her life is messed up and she'd rather be dead that anything in this world right now, raising speculations that she's suffering from dangerous and severe depression. It was not the first time that her name was associated with the disease. This however, is the first time Lana claimed to the public that she wants to die, New York Daily News reports, which raised alarm bells among the fans of the singer.
According to the NY daily News, the singer revealed to a British newspaper that she wishes she's dead.
"I wish I was dead already," adding, "I do! I don't want to have to keep doing this. But I am," said the songstress in a report by The Guardian.
When asked what she meant by "doing this," Del Rey replied: "Everything. That's just how I feel. If it wasn't that way, then I wouldn't say it. I would be scared if I knew [DEATH]was coming, but..."
"Family members will come on the road with me and say: 'Wow, your life is just like a movie!'" she says at one point. "And I'm like: 'Yeah, a really f*cked-up movie.'"
Her current delusion and depression can be accounted for by her feelings of being unappreciated and disrespected, Mail Online reports.
"I feel like my work's important, but I don't always feel like I get respect for it...when I feel like people don't like [my] music and that the 10 years I spent making what I made was not for a good reason, that makes me want to drink again."
Still, her song from "The Great Gatsby" - "The Young and Beautiful" amassed huge amount of praises, and many claimed that it will be nominated for a 2014 Academy Award, Mail Online UK shares.
The same song was the sung during Kim Kardashian and Kanye West wedding. Reportedly, Kim Kardashian cannot keep the song out of her head ever since it was played during their romantic engagement at San Francisco that she had to gush about it on Twitter. Kanye West caught on and invited Lana Del Rey to sing live on the couple's wedding weekend.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight