Lana Del Rey Wants to Die Than Disrespected
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Despite her fame, especially when she performed during Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's wedding, Lana Del Rey thinks her life is messed up and she'd rather be dead that anything in this world right now, raising speculations that she's suffering from dangerous and severe depression. It was not the first time that her name was associated with the disease. This however, is the first time Lana claimed to the public that she wants to die, New York Daily News reports, which raised alarm bells among the fans of the singer.
According to the NY daily News, the singer revealed to a British newspaper that she wishes she's dead.
"I wish I was dead already," adding, "I do! I don't want to have to keep doing this. But I am," said the songstress in a report by The Guardian.
When asked what she meant by "doing this," Del Rey replied: "Everything. That's just how I feel. If it wasn't that way, then I wouldn't say it. I would be scared if I knew [DEATH]was coming, but..."
"Family members will come on the road with me and say: 'Wow, your life is just like a movie!'" she says at one point. "And I'm like: 'Yeah, a really f*cked-up movie.'"
Her current delusion and depression can be accounted for by her feelings of being unappreciated and disrespected, Mail Online reports.
"I feel like my work's important, but I don't always feel like I get respect for it...when I feel like people don't like [my] music and that the 10 years I spent making what I made was not for a good reason, that makes me want to drink again."
Still, her song from "The Great Gatsby" - "The Young and Beautiful" amassed huge amount of praises, and many claimed that it will be nominated for a 2014 Academy Award, Mail Online UK shares.
The same song was the sung during Kim Kardashian and Kanye West wedding. Reportedly, Kim Kardashian cannot keep the song out of her head ever since it was played during their romantic engagement at San Francisco that she had to gush about it on Twitter. Kanye West caught on and invited Lana Del Rey to sing live on the couple's wedding weekend.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS