Lana Del Rey Wants to Die Than Disrespected
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Despite her fame, especially when she performed during Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's wedding, Lana Del Rey thinks her life is messed up and she'd rather be dead that anything in this world right now, raising speculations that she's suffering from dangerous and severe depression. It was not the first time that her name was associated with the disease. This however, is the first time Lana claimed to the public that she wants to die, New York Daily News reports, which raised alarm bells among the fans of the singer.
According to the NY daily News, the singer revealed to a British newspaper that she wishes she's dead.
"I wish I was dead already," adding, "I do! I don't want to have to keep doing this. But I am," said the songstress in a report by The Guardian.
When asked what she meant by "doing this," Del Rey replied: "Everything. That's just how I feel. If it wasn't that way, then I wouldn't say it. I would be scared if I knew [DEATH]was coming, but..."
"Family members will come on the road with me and say: 'Wow, your life is just like a movie!'" she says at one point. "And I'm like: 'Yeah, a really f*cked-up movie.'"
Her current delusion and depression can be accounted for by her feelings of being unappreciated and disrespected, Mail Online reports.
"I feel like my work's important, but I don't always feel like I get respect for it...when I feel like people don't like [my] music and that the 10 years I spent making what I made was not for a good reason, that makes me want to drink again."
Still, her song from "The Great Gatsby" - "The Young and Beautiful" amassed huge amount of praises, and many claimed that it will be nominated for a 2014 Academy Award, Mail Online UK shares.
The same song was the sung during Kim Kardashian and Kanye West wedding. Reportedly, Kim Kardashian cannot keep the song out of her head ever since it was played during their romantic engagement at San Francisco that she had to gush about it on Twitter. Kanye West caught on and invited Lana Del Rey to sing live on the couple's wedding weekend.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage