‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ A Closer Look at the Villain in the New Trailer [Watch Video]
By Sachin Trivedi | June 16, 2014 2:05 PM EST
The producers of "Transformers" 4 released a new trailer, giving the viewers a closer look at the main villains in the movie. The plot of the movie revolves around a father and daughter who stumble upon an old truck, which may be Optimus Prime. But the trailers released so far give more hints on what to expect.
The new trailer shows the Decepticons - Lockdown and Galvatron. Lockdown is a Decepticon bounty hunter but has no loyalties. Optimus Prime is repeatedly seen asking him who sent him. The main villain in the movie is Galvatron, for readers who are unfamiliar with the character, he is Megatron rebooted. The new version of Megatron is more powerful and more evil.
Some of the fans had already guessed that the new Decepticon who has his head transform into a gun is in fact Galvatron. Fans of the franchise will know that Megatron turns into Galvatron after he is offered a new body from Unicron.
The title of the upcoming movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" may have had a few fans wondering who is at the brink of extinction? The obvious candidates were either the Autobots or the Decepticons. But one of the recently released trailers talks about the possible extinction of mankind.
With the power of Unicron behind him Megatron and his Decepticons may be looking for a new home and there is no better place than Earth. But can the forces of the Earth along with the Autobots be able to take on the challenge?
So far the trailers of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" reveal that the Autobots are being hunted by a government agency and after the arrival of the Decepticon forces, they do not seem to stand a chance.
Perhaps the biggest thing to look forward to in the movie is the arrival of the Dinobots. The trailers show Optimus Prime riding Grimlock. Grimlock is the leader of the Dinobots and looks like a metallic tyrannosaurus. The Dinobots are an autonomous group and are expected to join the fight at a critical juncture in the movie.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be released on June 26, 2014 in Australia and New Zealand. The movie is set to be released on June 27 in the U.S and the UK release date has been set for July 5, 2014.
'Chasing Life' Episode 1 Recap and Review [Premiere Spoilers] [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Finale Spoilers - Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark [Read]
'Star Wars' 7-Top 5 Unseen Planets that Need to be Explored in the Movie [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues