‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ A Closer Look at the Villain in the New Trailer [Watch Video]
By Sachin Trivedi | June 16, 2014 2:05 PM EST
The producers of "Transformers" 4 released a new trailer, giving the viewers a closer look at the main villains in the movie. The plot of the movie revolves around a father and daughter who stumble upon an old truck, which may be Optimus Prime. But the trailers released so far give more hints on what to expect.
The new trailer shows the Decepticons - Lockdown and Galvatron. Lockdown is a Decepticon bounty hunter but has no loyalties. Optimus Prime is repeatedly seen asking him who sent him. The main villain in the movie is Galvatron, for readers who are unfamiliar with the character, he is Megatron rebooted. The new version of Megatron is more powerful and more evil.
Some of the fans had already guessed that the new Decepticon who has his head transform into a gun is in fact Galvatron. Fans of the franchise will know that Megatron turns into Galvatron after he is offered a new body from Unicron.
The title of the upcoming movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" may have had a few fans wondering who is at the brink of extinction? The obvious candidates were either the Autobots or the Decepticons. But one of the recently released trailers talks about the possible extinction of mankind.
With the power of Unicron behind him Megatron and his Decepticons may be looking for a new home and there is no better place than Earth. But can the forces of the Earth along with the Autobots be able to take on the challenge?
So far the trailers of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" reveal that the Autobots are being hunted by a government agency and after the arrival of the Decepticon forces, they do not seem to stand a chance.
Perhaps the biggest thing to look forward to in the movie is the arrival of the Dinobots. The trailers show Optimus Prime riding Grimlock. Grimlock is the leader of the Dinobots and looks like a metallic tyrannosaurus. The Dinobots are an autonomous group and are expected to join the fight at a critical juncture in the movie.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be released on June 26, 2014 in Australia and New Zealand. The movie is set to be released on June 27 in the U.S and the UK release date has been set for July 5, 2014.
'Chasing Life' Episode 1 Recap and Review [Premiere Spoilers] [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Finale Spoilers - Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark [Read]
'Star Wars' 7-Top 5 Unseen Planets that Need to be Explored in the Movie [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal