‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ A Closer Look at the Villain in the New Trailer [Watch Video]
By Sachin Trivedi | June 16, 2014 2:05 PM EST
The producers of "Transformers" 4 released a new trailer, giving the viewers a closer look at the main villains in the movie. The plot of the movie revolves around a father and daughter who stumble upon an old truck, which may be Optimus Prime. But the trailers released so far give more hints on what to expect.
The new trailer shows the Decepticons - Lockdown and Galvatron. Lockdown is a Decepticon bounty hunter but has no loyalties. Optimus Prime is repeatedly seen asking him who sent him. The main villain in the movie is Galvatron, for readers who are unfamiliar with the character, he is Megatron rebooted. The new version of Megatron is more powerful and more evil.
Some of the fans had already guessed that the new Decepticon who has his head transform into a gun is in fact Galvatron. Fans of the franchise will know that Megatron turns into Galvatron after he is offered a new body from Unicron.
The title of the upcoming movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" may have had a few fans wondering who is at the brink of extinction? The obvious candidates were either the Autobots or the Decepticons. But one of the recently released trailers talks about the possible extinction of mankind.
With the power of Unicron behind him Megatron and his Decepticons may be looking for a new home and there is no better place than Earth. But can the forces of the Earth along with the Autobots be able to take on the challenge?
So far the trailers of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" reveal that the Autobots are being hunted by a government agency and after the arrival of the Decepticon forces, they do not seem to stand a chance.
Perhaps the biggest thing to look forward to in the movie is the arrival of the Dinobots. The trailers show Optimus Prime riding Grimlock. Grimlock is the leader of the Dinobots and looks like a metallic tyrannosaurus. The Dinobots are an autonomous group and are expected to join the fight at a critical juncture in the movie.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be released on June 26, 2014 in Australia and New Zealand. The movie is set to be released on June 27 in the U.S and the UK release date has been set for July 5, 2014.
'Chasing Life' Episode 1 Recap and Review [Premiere Spoilers] [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Finale Spoilers - Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark [Read]
'Star Wars' 7-Top 5 Unseen Planets that Need to be Explored in the Movie [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'