‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ A Closer Look at the Villain in the New Trailer [Watch Video]
By Sachin Trivedi | June 16, 2014 2:05 PM EST
The producers of "Transformers" 4 released a new trailer, giving the viewers a closer look at the main villains in the movie. The plot of the movie revolves around a father and daughter who stumble upon an old truck, which may be Optimus Prime. But the trailers released so far give more hints on what to expect.
The new trailer shows the Decepticons - Lockdown and Galvatron. Lockdown is a Decepticon bounty hunter but has no loyalties. Optimus Prime is repeatedly seen asking him who sent him. The main villain in the movie is Galvatron, for readers who are unfamiliar with the character, he is Megatron rebooted. The new version of Megatron is more powerful and more evil.
Some of the fans had already guessed that the new Decepticon who has his head transform into a gun is in fact Galvatron. Fans of the franchise will know that Megatron turns into Galvatron after he is offered a new body from Unicron.
The title of the upcoming movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" may have had a few fans wondering who is at the brink of extinction? The obvious candidates were either the Autobots or the Decepticons. But one of the recently released trailers talks about the possible extinction of mankind.
With the power of Unicron behind him Megatron and his Decepticons may be looking for a new home and there is no better place than Earth. But can the forces of the Earth along with the Autobots be able to take on the challenge?
So far the trailers of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" reveal that the Autobots are being hunted by a government agency and after the arrival of the Decepticon forces, they do not seem to stand a chance.
Perhaps the biggest thing to look forward to in the movie is the arrival of the Dinobots. The trailers show Optimus Prime riding Grimlock. Grimlock is the leader of the Dinobots and looks like a metallic tyrannosaurus. The Dinobots are an autonomous group and are expected to join the fight at a critical juncture in the movie.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will be released on June 26, 2014 in Australia and New Zealand. The movie is set to be released on June 27 in the U.S and the UK release date has been set for July 5, 2014.
'Chasing Life' Episode 1 Recap and Review [Premiere Spoilers] [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Finale Spoilers - Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark [Read]
'Star Wars' 7-Top 5 Unseen Planets that Need to be Explored in the Movie [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop