'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Michael Trevino Talks about Tyler's Future as a Human, the Werewolf Gene and Relationship with Caroline
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 16, 2014 1:59 PM EST
Tyler Lockwood is one of "The Vampire Diaries" characters given another chance to live in Mystic Falls after returning from the Other Side. Actor Michael Trevino, who portrays Tyler in the CW TV series, teased the fans about the character's future in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6.
Trevino, 29, shared in the Zap2it report that "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 will be a new world for Tyler Lockwood because he is a human being again. The actor added that the reset will be exciting but scary for Tyler since he must find ways to protect himself in the supernatural world of Mystic Falls after being stripped of his hybrid abilities.
"But it's also nice because now, maybe he won't have to deal with all the extracurriculars that come with being a hybrid or being a werewolf or being a vampire. It will be interesting to see where his journey starts and where it ends up," the TVD star teased. Trevino further added that he is also interested to see if his character will continue to be involved with the supernatural creatures of Mystic Falls or Tyler will choose to break away and live a normal life instead.
When asked about Tyler's werewolf gene being triggered again in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6, Michael Trevino teased with a laugh that the fans shall see about it. The actor revealed that becoming a human being again will make Tyler more mature in the new season of the show.
Trevino explained that his character has carried the torch of the alpha male aggressiveness and even the desire to go against the Original hybrid Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan). However, Season 6 will have Tyler dropping down that torch and beginning a different life journey. "You're going to see a more mature Tyler," the actor stated.
As for Tyler's relationship with Caroline Forbes (Candice Accola), Michael Trevino revealed that what's done is done between the former couple but the two will still remain good friends. "I don't see them in a romantic relationship in the future. But I do see them staying friends, and I think the whole human aspect is going to have a lot to do with that," Trevino revealed.
Michael Trevino currently has more free time while "The Vampire Diaries" is on a break and the actor spends it on charity like his co-stars. The cast members received the Cast of Heroes Awards at the Children Mending Hearts 6th Annual Fundraiser Empathy Rocks: A Spring Into Summer Bash.
The actor described the TVD cast members, including himself, as a little army that represents their respective charities or organizations and it just grew bigger after supporting each other and sharing on Twitter about their charities.
According to the Carter Matt report, filming for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 in Atlanta is scheduled to kick off on July 2014. As for the new season's premiere schedule, the hit CW Network TV series is set to air on October 2014.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Tyler to Resist Triggering Werewolf Gene in New Season - [READ]
Nina Dobrev: 'Vampire Diaries' Actress Linked Again to Co-Star Michael Trevino after Split with 'Glee' Star Girlfriend Jenna Ushkowitz - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Speculations: Liv to Help Jeremy Move on from Bonnie's Death, What Alaric Could Do in New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS