‘General Hospital’ Casting Spoilers: ‘The Young and the Restless’’ Billy Miller Joins ‘GH’ and Replaces Steve Burton as Iconic Jason Morgan
By jaskiran kaur | June 16, 2014 1:46 PM EST
Fan-favourite, long-running daytime soap operas "General Hospital" (GH) and "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) have undergone major cast shakeup in past few months. According to the latest update, there is another major switch in the making. "The Young and the Restless'" Billy Miller is reportedly joining the cast of "General Hospital" as the major character Jason Morgan.
Fans may not have to wait too long to see Jason Morgan returning to the small screen. Celebrity Dirty Laundry reports that Billy Miller is set to replace Steve Burton in his iconic portrayal of Jason Morgan on "GH." There were plenty of rumours about the actor taking up the role and now it seems there is some truth the report.
Billy Miller is known for his portrayal of well loved character Billy Abbott on "The Young and the Restless." The actor allegedly exited the show due to some behind-the scenes tension. He last appeared on "Y&R" in the last week of January 2014 leaving his fans sad and disappointed.
The news came through after TV guide's soap opera expert Michael Logan dropped a bomb of a spoiler via his tweet on Twitter. He tweeted:
Billy Miller. General Hospital. Done deal? This is what I'm hearing. #GH
— Michael Logan (@TVGMLogan) June 13, 2014
The Webs site notes that Michael Logan's tweet "supports" a report published in June 23rd edition of Soap Opera Digest. "Sources say that GH is close to recasting a pivotal role with a major star," states the report. The Web site infers that the "pivotal role" is that of Jason Morgan and the "major star" is Billy Miller.
In the absence of specifications of Billy Miller's role on "General Hospital," there is room for speculation. However, the gossip Web site suggests the odds of Billy Miller arriving at Port Charles as someone other than Jason Morgan are "pretty slim."
If Billy Miller happens to replace Steve Burton as Jason Morgan, he will be the second actor to be picked up by "General Hospital." Earlier in the summer, Michelle Stafford (Phyllis) joined the cast of "GH" as Nina Clay.
Steve Burton's Jason Morgan has been away from the screen for a long time. Few months ago, fans saw Robin departing Port Charles to save Jason. Fans may have a hard time accepting Billy Miller in the role formerly played by Steve Burton who later joined "Y&R" as Dylan McAvoy. However, Billy Miller has been viewed as the perfect fit for the role quite often. What do you think? Are you excited to see Billy Miller in the role of Jason Morgan in "General Hospital" (GH)? Does this indicate a big loss for "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R)?
For more information and spoilers on Daytime soap operas, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones