‘General Hospital’ Casting Spoilers: ‘The Young and the Restless’’ Billy Miller Joins ‘GH’ and Replaces Steve Burton as Iconic Jason Morgan
By jaskiran kaur | June 16, 2014 1:46 PM EST
Fan-favourite, long-running daytime soap operas "General Hospital" (GH) and "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) have undergone major cast shakeup in past few months. According to the latest update, there is another major switch in the making. "The Young and the Restless'" Billy Miller is reportedly joining the cast of "General Hospital" as the major character Jason Morgan.
Fans may not have to wait too long to see Jason Morgan returning to the small screen. Celebrity Dirty Laundry reports that Billy Miller is set to replace Steve Burton in his iconic portrayal of Jason Morgan on "GH." There were plenty of rumours about the actor taking up the role and now it seems there is some truth the report.
Billy Miller is known for his portrayal of well loved character Billy Abbott on "The Young and the Restless." The actor allegedly exited the show due to some behind-the scenes tension. He last appeared on "Y&R" in the last week of January 2014 leaving his fans sad and disappointed.
The news came through after TV guide's soap opera expert Michael Logan dropped a bomb of a spoiler via his tweet on Twitter. He tweeted:
Billy Miller. General Hospital. Done deal? This is what I'm hearing. #GH
— Michael Logan (@TVGMLogan) June 13, 2014
The Webs site notes that Michael Logan's tweet "supports" a report published in June 23rd edition of Soap Opera Digest. "Sources say that GH is close to recasting a pivotal role with a major star," states the report. The Web site infers that the "pivotal role" is that of Jason Morgan and the "major star" is Billy Miller.
In the absence of specifications of Billy Miller's role on "General Hospital," there is room for speculation. However, the gossip Web site suggests the odds of Billy Miller arriving at Port Charles as someone other than Jason Morgan are "pretty slim."
If Billy Miller happens to replace Steve Burton as Jason Morgan, he will be the second actor to be picked up by "General Hospital." Earlier in the summer, Michelle Stafford (Phyllis) joined the cast of "GH" as Nina Clay.
Steve Burton's Jason Morgan has been away from the screen for a long time. Few months ago, fans saw Robin departing Port Charles to save Jason. Fans may have a hard time accepting Billy Miller in the role formerly played by Steve Burton who later joined "Y&R" as Dylan McAvoy. However, Billy Miller has been viewed as the perfect fit for the role quite often. What do you think? Are you excited to see Billy Miller in the role of Jason Morgan in "General Hospital" (GH)? Does this indicate a big loss for "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R)?
For more information and spoilers on Daytime soap operas, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu