Jamie Lynn Spears Reveals Dad Jamie is Embarrassing, Says Sister Britney Spears is Like Her Second Mum [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Jamie Lynn Spears’ dad is embarrassing, according to the star herself. Britney Spears’ little sister has revealed that they didn’t get their singing talent from their dad Jamie.
On Saturday, the 23-year-old country singer said that Jamie, just like most dads, have the inherent ability to embarrass his children without even trying.
“He’s done so many embarrassing things, I can’t really name them all,” the young singer quipped.
“One time I was working with a band, and he asked them if he could take some extra time afterwards so that he could learn how to karaoke the song ‘Colder Weather’ because he wanted to sing it at the dirt bike races.”
Jamie Lynn, who was backstage at the 2014 Taste of Country Music Festival just a few moments before she was due to perform, relieved the memory in honour of Father’s Day on Sunday.
“I mean he’s not horrible,” the younger Spears said before continuing, “but he definitely shouldn’t be singing in front of a crowd.”
It’s clear, though, that Jamie Lynn adores her namesake father, even jokingly referring to him as a “redneck.”
She also adores big sister Britney.
In a separate interview with Access Hollywood, the former “Zoey 101” star said that she shares a special bond with her 32-year-old sister.
“For me and my sister the relationship [has] always been a special one,” she said. “I’m proud of my sister. She went after her dream from a small town and she’s still doing what she loves, so there’s something to be said about that and something to be really proud of.
“So I definitely look at that as, you know, it gives me motivation and really inspires me to keep going.”
Jamie Lynn also said that Britney took a bigger role in her life than just be a sister.
“There’s such a big difference between me and my sister that I think [she] almost was like a second mum,” she continued continued. “She’s so supportive and she’s so encouraging of me and she’s like my biggest fan... She’s always had my back.”
Jamie Lynn, who recently got married to Jamie Watson in March, has released her country music album “Journey.”
Her debut country single, “How Could I Want More,” was released in late 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff