Jamie Lynn Spears Reveals Dad Jamie is Embarrassing, Says Sister Britney Spears is Like Her Second Mum [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Jamie Lynn Spears’ dad is embarrassing, according to the star herself. Britney Spears’ little sister has revealed that they didn’t get their singing talent from their dad Jamie.
On Saturday, the 23-year-old country singer said that Jamie, just like most dads, have the inherent ability to embarrass his children without even trying.
“He’s done so many embarrassing things, I can’t really name them all,” the young singer quipped.
“One time I was working with a band, and he asked them if he could take some extra time afterwards so that he could learn how to karaoke the song ‘Colder Weather’ because he wanted to sing it at the dirt bike races.”
Jamie Lynn, who was backstage at the 2014 Taste of Country Music Festival just a few moments before she was due to perform, relieved the memory in honour of Father’s Day on Sunday.
“I mean he’s not horrible,” the younger Spears said before continuing, “but he definitely shouldn’t be singing in front of a crowd.”
It’s clear, though, that Jamie Lynn adores her namesake father, even jokingly referring to him as a “redneck.”
She also adores big sister Britney.
In a separate interview with Access Hollywood, the former “Zoey 101” star said that she shares a special bond with her 32-year-old sister.
“For me and my sister the relationship [has] always been a special one,” she said. “I’m proud of my sister. She went after her dream from a small town and she’s still doing what she loves, so there’s something to be said about that and something to be really proud of.
“So I definitely look at that as, you know, it gives me motivation and really inspires me to keep going.”
Jamie Lynn also said that Britney took a bigger role in her life than just be a sister.
“There’s such a big difference between me and my sister that I think [she] almost was like a second mum,” she continued continued. “She’s so supportive and she’s so encouraging of me and she’s like my biggest fan... She’s always had my back.”
Jamie Lynn, who recently got married to Jamie Watson in March, has released her country music album “Journey.”
Her debut country single, “How Could I Want More,” was released in late 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles