Jamie Lynn Spears Reveals Dad Jamie is Embarrassing, Says Sister Britney Spears is Like Her Second Mum [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Jamie Lynn Spears’ dad is embarrassing, according to the star herself. Britney Spears’ little sister has revealed that they didn’t get their singing talent from their dad Jamie.
On Saturday, the 23-year-old country singer said that Jamie, just like most dads, have the inherent ability to embarrass his children without even trying.
“He’s done so many embarrassing things, I can’t really name them all,” the young singer quipped.
“One time I was working with a band, and he asked them if he could take some extra time afterwards so that he could learn how to karaoke the song ‘Colder Weather’ because he wanted to sing it at the dirt bike races.”
Jamie Lynn, who was backstage at the 2014 Taste of Country Music Festival just a few moments before she was due to perform, relieved the memory in honour of Father’s Day on Sunday.
“I mean he’s not horrible,” the younger Spears said before continuing, “but he definitely shouldn’t be singing in front of a crowd.”
It’s clear, though, that Jamie Lynn adores her namesake father, even jokingly referring to him as a “redneck.”
She also adores big sister Britney.
In a separate interview with Access Hollywood, the former “Zoey 101” star said that she shares a special bond with her 32-year-old sister.
“For me and my sister the relationship [has] always been a special one,” she said. “I’m proud of my sister. She went after her dream from a small town and she’s still doing what she loves, so there’s something to be said about that and something to be really proud of.
“So I definitely look at that as, you know, it gives me motivation and really inspires me to keep going.”
Jamie Lynn also said that Britney took a bigger role in her life than just be a sister.
“There’s such a big difference between me and my sister that I think [she] almost was like a second mum,” she continued continued. “She’s so supportive and she’s so encouraging of me and she’s like my biggest fan... She’s always had my back.”
Jamie Lynn, who recently got married to Jamie Watson in March, has released her country music album “Journey.”
Her debut country single, “How Could I Want More,” was released in late 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier