Jamie Lynn Spears Reveals Dad Jamie is Embarrassing, Says Sister Britney Spears is Like Her Second Mum [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Jamie Lynn Spears’ dad is embarrassing, according to the star herself. Britney Spears’ little sister has revealed that they didn’t get their singing talent from their dad Jamie.
On Saturday, the 23-year-old country singer said that Jamie, just like most dads, have the inherent ability to embarrass his children without even trying.
“He’s done so many embarrassing things, I can’t really name them all,” the young singer quipped.
“One time I was working with a band, and he asked them if he could take some extra time afterwards so that he could learn how to karaoke the song ‘Colder Weather’ because he wanted to sing it at the dirt bike races.”
Jamie Lynn, who was backstage at the 2014 Taste of Country Music Festival just a few moments before she was due to perform, relieved the memory in honour of Father’s Day on Sunday.
“I mean he’s not horrible,” the younger Spears said before continuing, “but he definitely shouldn’t be singing in front of a crowd.”
It’s clear, though, that Jamie Lynn adores her namesake father, even jokingly referring to him as a “redneck.”
She also adores big sister Britney.
In a separate interview with Access Hollywood, the former “Zoey 101” star said that she shares a special bond with her 32-year-old sister.
“For me and my sister the relationship [has] always been a special one,” she said. “I’m proud of my sister. She went after her dream from a small town and she’s still doing what she loves, so there’s something to be said about that and something to be really proud of.
“So I definitely look at that as, you know, it gives me motivation and really inspires me to keep going.”
Jamie Lynn also said that Britney took a bigger role in her life than just be a sister.
“There’s such a big difference between me and my sister that I think [she] almost was like a second mum,” she continued continued. “She’s so supportive and she’s so encouraging of me and she’s like my biggest fan... She’s always had my back.”
Jamie Lynn, who recently got married to Jamie Watson in March, has released her country music album “Journey.”
Her debut country single, “How Could I Want More,” was released in late 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date