Jamie Lynn Spears Reveals Dad Jamie is Embarrassing, Says Sister Britney Spears is Like Her Second Mum [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 16, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Jamie Lynn Spears’ dad is embarrassing, according to the star herself. Britney Spears’ little sister has revealed that they didn’t get their singing talent from their dad Jamie.
On Saturday, the 23-year-old country singer said that Jamie, just like most dads, have the inherent ability to embarrass his children without even trying.
“He’s done so many embarrassing things, I can’t really name them all,” the young singer quipped.
“One time I was working with a band, and he asked them if he could take some extra time afterwards so that he could learn how to karaoke the song ‘Colder Weather’ because he wanted to sing it at the dirt bike races.”
Jamie Lynn, who was backstage at the 2014 Taste of Country Music Festival just a few moments before she was due to perform, relieved the memory in honour of Father’s Day on Sunday.
“I mean he’s not horrible,” the younger Spears said before continuing, “but he definitely shouldn’t be singing in front of a crowd.”
It’s clear, though, that Jamie Lynn adores her namesake father, even jokingly referring to him as a “redneck.”
She also adores big sister Britney.
In a separate interview with Access Hollywood, the former “Zoey 101” star said that she shares a special bond with her 32-year-old sister.
“For me and my sister the relationship [has] always been a special one,” she said. “I’m proud of my sister. She went after her dream from a small town and she’s still doing what she loves, so there’s something to be said about that and something to be really proud of.
“So I definitely look at that as, you know, it gives me motivation and really inspires me to keep going.”
Jamie Lynn also said that Britney took a bigger role in her life than just be a sister.
“There’s such a big difference between me and my sister that I think [she] almost was like a second mum,” she continued continued. “She’s so supportive and she’s so encouraging of me and she’s like my biggest fan... She’s always had my back.”
Jamie Lynn, who recently got married to Jamie Watson in March, has released her country music album “Journey.”
Her debut country single, “How Could I Want More,” was released in late 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510