‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Release Date, Gameplay Details and New Screenshots Confirmed
By Gel Galang | June 16, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Fans of "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" can expect an onslaught of new details, trailers and screenshots featuring the new Mega Evolutions and the action of some of the Pokemons.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
For instance, Serebii reports on the Mega Sableye trailer recently released. The new Pokemon will be taking use of a jewel as defense in battle, while using the weakness and openings of the opponent.
The source also reveals that The Pokemon Company has already announced that it will be revealing the game on November 21 in North America, Australia and Japan. Europe, on the other hand, will be getting the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" on November 28, but Canada has been left out of a specific release date. Alongside this, Serebii has created quite the extensive image gallery of "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire."
There's also a trailer featuring a quick look at the gameplay for the upcoming Hoenn adventure, a look at the three starters, their evolutions, and their eventual Mega Evolutions, and the two teams that will be featured in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire."
Prepare for the Three Starters and Two Stories
As what happens with any Pokemon game, "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" will also feature three starters, namely Mudkip, Treecko and Torchic. Take note that these are the same three Pokemons that were featured in the original Hoenn region game, Sapphire and Ruby, released in 2003.
In "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," there will also be the two teams that first made appearance in the original Hoenn-based game, which are Team Magma and Team Aqua. The story in the remake involves a struggle between two oganizations, Team Magma and Team Aqua, where the former wants to expand landmass in Hoenn while the latter wants more oceans.
When choosing between the two games "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," players should remember that Team Magma will be more prominent in Omega Ruby while Team Aqua is more significant in Alpha Sapphire.
Introducing the Three Mega Evolutions
The Mega Evolutions of the three Pokemon starters have also been revealed on the official "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" Web site.
Treecko's Mega Evolution, which is the Mega Sceptile, is able to get the Dragon type that also has the Lightning Rod ability for absorbing damage. The second starter is Torchic, which will have Blaziken for its evolved form. When this Pokemon Mega Evolves into Mega Blaziken, it will gain more power for its kicks. This is powerful enough to "burn from the friction of the surrounding atmosphere," something that is called the Speed Boost Ability.
Mega Swampert is the last of the Mega Evolutions, and not only does its water power increase, but it can also use this power on land. Mega Swampert also gets the Swift Swim ability, one that doubles his Speed so long as the weather is rainy.
Hit the link above for more information on the three Mega Evolutions, as well as screenshots from the game.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- ‘GTA V’ Zombies DLC Cheat Code Proves Character Change For Players---Report
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How