‘Batman: Arkham Knight’: More Details Post-E3 on the New Villain and a New Trailer
By Gel Galang | June 16, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Even though "Batman: Arkham Knight" has been pushed back to a 2015 release date, it didn't stop Rocksteady from giving more details during the recently-concluded E3 2014 about what's going on with the game.
Over at the Xbox Wire, the developers have revealed a few more details as to how the gameplay mechanics will work for the final installment in the Arkham game series. According to the source, "Batman: Arkham Knight" can be considered as the beginning of the end, where Batman will be facing a new villain who may be harder to defeat than most that he has faced so far.
What's more, the combat system for the new game will not deviate too much from what fans of the series have been used, though this does not mean that there are no new additions. For one, the environment will play a bigger role, be it as a weapons or accessories in taking down enemies. New moves will also be present, like the bullet-time chaining of hits and the utilization of the Batmobile in overall combats.
Here's a look at the Batmobile battle mode gameplay, which highlights one of the modes that the Batmobile will feature once the game releases. Take note that battle mode means more protective armor and weaponry for the trusty Bat drive.
Nightwing Coming to the Game?
Of all the speculations surrounding the remaining mystery of "Batman: Arkham Knight," there's one where the biggest villain may in fact be a close person to Batman himself, Jason Todd. Spotted by Motoring Crunch, 4Player Podcast has a video interview with Rocksteady lead animator Zafer Coban, where an interesting mention of Nightwing is heard:
"The design team has gone to town with every story element. We've mentioned already that we got Scarecrow and Nightwing liaising together trying to take down the Bat, but we've got all the little secret characters just knocking on the door."
Take note of the very sly look that Coban is sporting the moment he mentions Nightwing's name. Going to the speculations milling about regarding "Batman: Arkham Knight," this may very well be a confirmation that the titular villain may actually be Nightwing under that military hood.
Apart from these, there have been more teasers, such as the world being five times bigger than "Arkham City" by making use of all the next-gen console power. In terms of villains, Rocksteady is just bursting to reveal some of the upcoming villains that would be making an appearance, with The Riddler also slated to play a bigger role for in "Batman: Arkham Knight."
Check out the entire interview in the video below:
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design