‘Batman: Arkham Knight’: More Details Post-E3 on the New Villain and a New Trailer
By Gel Galang | June 16, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Even though "Batman: Arkham Knight" has been pushed back to a 2015 release date, it didn't stop Rocksteady from giving more details during the recently-concluded E3 2014 about what's going on with the game.
Over at the Xbox Wire, the developers have revealed a few more details as to how the gameplay mechanics will work for the final installment in the Arkham game series. According to the source, "Batman: Arkham Knight" can be considered as the beginning of the end, where Batman will be facing a new villain who may be harder to defeat than most that he has faced so far.
What's more, the combat system for the new game will not deviate too much from what fans of the series have been used, though this does not mean that there are no new additions. For one, the environment will play a bigger role, be it as a weapons or accessories in taking down enemies. New moves will also be present, like the bullet-time chaining of hits and the utilization of the Batmobile in overall combats.
Here's a look at the Batmobile battle mode gameplay, which highlights one of the modes that the Batmobile will feature once the game releases. Take note that battle mode means more protective armor and weaponry for the trusty Bat drive.
Nightwing Coming to the Game?
Of all the speculations surrounding the remaining mystery of "Batman: Arkham Knight," there's one where the biggest villain may in fact be a close person to Batman himself, Jason Todd. Spotted by Motoring Crunch, 4Player Podcast has a video interview with Rocksteady lead animator Zafer Coban, where an interesting mention of Nightwing is heard:
"The design team has gone to town with every story element. We've mentioned already that we got Scarecrow and Nightwing liaising together trying to take down the Bat, but we've got all the little secret characters just knocking on the door."
Take note of the very sly look that Coban is sporting the moment he mentions Nightwing's name. Going to the speculations milling about regarding "Batman: Arkham Knight," this may very well be a confirmation that the titular villain may actually be Nightwing under that military hood.
Apart from these, there have been more teasers, such as the world being five times bigger than "Arkham City" by making use of all the next-gen console power. In terms of villains, Rocksteady is just bursting to reveal some of the upcoming villains that would be making an appearance, with The Riddler also slated to play a bigger role for in "Batman: Arkham Knight."
Check out the entire interview in the video below:
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Sony Xperia E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat 20.1.B.0.60 Certified by PTCRB; Transfer Apps to SD Card Possible
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide