‘Batman: Arkham Knight’: More Details Post-E3 on the New Villain and a New Trailer
By Gel Galang | June 16, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Even though "Batman: Arkham Knight" has been pushed back to a 2015 release date, it didn't stop Rocksteady from giving more details during the recently-concluded E3 2014 about what's going on with the game.
Over at the Xbox Wire, the developers have revealed a few more details as to how the gameplay mechanics will work for the final installment in the Arkham game series. According to the source, "Batman: Arkham Knight" can be considered as the beginning of the end, where Batman will be facing a new villain who may be harder to defeat than most that he has faced so far.
What's more, the combat system for the new game will not deviate too much from what fans of the series have been used, though this does not mean that there are no new additions. For one, the environment will play a bigger role, be it as a weapons or accessories in taking down enemies. New moves will also be present, like the bullet-time chaining of hits and the utilization of the Batmobile in overall combats.
Here's a look at the Batmobile battle mode gameplay, which highlights one of the modes that the Batmobile will feature once the game releases. Take note that battle mode means more protective armor and weaponry for the trusty Bat drive.
Nightwing Coming to the Game?
Of all the speculations surrounding the remaining mystery of "Batman: Arkham Knight," there's one where the biggest villain may in fact be a close person to Batman himself, Jason Todd. Spotted by Motoring Crunch, 4Player Podcast has a video interview with Rocksteady lead animator Zafer Coban, where an interesting mention of Nightwing is heard:
"The design team has gone to town with every story element. We've mentioned already that we got Scarecrow and Nightwing liaising together trying to take down the Bat, but we've got all the little secret characters just knocking on the door."
Take note of the very sly look that Coban is sporting the moment he mentions Nightwing's name. Going to the speculations milling about regarding "Batman: Arkham Knight," this may very well be a confirmation that the titular villain may actually be Nightwing under that military hood.
Apart from these, there have been more teasers, such as the world being five times bigger than "Arkham City" by making use of all the next-gen console power. In terms of villains, Rocksteady is just bursting to reveal some of the upcoming villains that would be making an appearance, with The Riddler also slated to play a bigger role for in "Batman: Arkham Knight."
Check out the entire interview in the video below:
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones