Xbox One July Updates Teased and More Details on ‘Halo 5: Guardians’
By Gel Galang | June 16, 2014 12:29 PM EST
Clocking in the middle of June means one thing at Microsoft-another teaser for the Xbox One July Update.
Bonnie Ross, studio head of 343 Industries, speaks during a presentation of a new "Halo" collection which features the first four iterations of the series in one pack during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at USC's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. Ross also made an announcement about the multiplayer beta for the upcoming "Halo 5" game during the presentation. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
The June Updates was already an anticipated one, considering how it contained some of the most requested features, including the external storage support and real name identification for friends.
Now Microsoft is putting the spotlight on Xbox One users with the July Update, as teased by Major Nelson.
"As we pack up our booth, we end E3 just as we started: Our focus is on you. You've shaped Xbox into what it is today, and we can't thank you enough. We look forward to hearing more from you over the coming weeks - now, officially on Xbox Feedback-a dedicated channel for all your thoughts and recommendations," said Major Nelson via his blog.
"From what we've seen this week, your feedback continues to be amazing. As of today, more than 65,000 fans like you have suggested more than 4300 ideas and contributed over 180,000 votes."
For July, there are five main updates coming into early access for the Xbox One system update:
- Snap Mode for Achievements: To offer an easier way to view achievements, track your progress without leaving the game, and get help if you're stuck with an achievement (by way of tips and strategies).
- Double-tap to Snap: This will bring up Snap Center and launch Achievements without having to leave the game. It also allows for easy switching between game and snapped app.
- Choice of Spoken Language: A selection of voice control in English or German will now be allowed.
- Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs: This may be the future of more flexible combinations of titles and content in terms of digital and disc offerings.
- Like Game DVR clips: You can now "Like" your favorite Game DVR clips and activity feed items via SmartGlass.
No More 'Halo 6?'-Microsoft May Say Goodbye to Numbered 'Halo'
"Halo 5: Guardians" also took the E3 2014 by storm, not only with the announcement of the Master Chief Collection for Halo fans, but also the hint of the beta access for the newest installment, as seen in this cinematic trailer.
More than this, however, players who have followed the Halo franchise in all its numbered glory, developer 343 Industries has given an interesting statement about where they are planning to take the franchise, starting with "Halo 5: Guardians."
In an interview with Total Xbox, Bonnie Ross, head of 343 Industries, has revealed that they are already planning on doing away with the numbering for the "Halo" franchise, something that should have been done with "Halo 4" but they are now trying to do with "Halo 5: Guardians."
"It would still be a Master Chief story. I just don't want us to get to, like, 'Halo 16.' We're not 'Final Fantasy,' we can't do it," said Ross to Total Xbox.
If anything, "Halo 5: Guardians" is a testing ground for what's to come with the Halo franchise.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon