Xbox One July Updates Teased and More Details on ‘Halo 5: Guardians’
By Gel Galang | June 16, 2014 12:29 PM EST
Clocking in the middle of June means one thing at Microsoft-another teaser for the Xbox One July Update.
Bonnie Ross, studio head of 343 Industries, speaks during a presentation of a new "Halo" collection which features the first four iterations of the series in one pack during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at USC's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. Ross also made an announcement about the multiplayer beta for the upcoming "Halo 5" game during the presentation. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
inFamous: Second Son and Killzone Shadow Fall DLC Updates: Release Dates, Trailers and Details Revealed
The June Updates was already an anticipated one, considering how it contained some of the most requested features, including the external storage support and real name identification for friends.
Now Microsoft is putting the spotlight on Xbox One users with the July Update, as teased by Major Nelson.
"As we pack up our booth, we end E3 just as we started: Our focus is on you. You've shaped Xbox into what it is today, and we can't thank you enough. We look forward to hearing more from you over the coming weeks - now, officially on Xbox Feedback-a dedicated channel for all your thoughts and recommendations," said Major Nelson via his blog.
"From what we've seen this week, your feedback continues to be amazing. As of today, more than 65,000 fans like you have suggested more than 4300 ideas and contributed over 180,000 votes."
For July, there are five main updates coming into early access for the Xbox One system update:
- Snap Mode for Achievements: To offer an easier way to view achievements, track your progress without leaving the game, and get help if you're stuck with an achievement (by way of tips and strategies).
- Double-tap to Snap: This will bring up Snap Center and launch Achievements without having to leave the game. It also allows for easy switching between game and snapped app.
- Choice of Spoken Language: A selection of voice control in English or German will now be allowed.
- Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs: This may be the future of more flexible combinations of titles and content in terms of digital and disc offerings.
- Like Game DVR clips: You can now "Like" your favorite Game DVR clips and activity feed items via SmartGlass.
No More 'Halo 6?'-Microsoft May Say Goodbye to Numbered 'Halo'
"Halo 5: Guardians" also took the E3 2014 by storm, not only with the announcement of the Master Chief Collection for Halo fans, but also the hint of the beta access for the newest installment, as seen in this cinematic trailer.
More than this, however, players who have followed the Halo franchise in all its numbered glory, developer 343 Industries has given an interesting statement about where they are planning to take the franchise, starting with "Halo 5: Guardians."
In an interview with Total Xbox, Bonnie Ross, head of 343 Industries, has revealed that they are already planning on doing away with the numbering for the "Halo" franchise, something that should have been done with "Halo 4" but they are now trying to do with "Halo 5: Guardians."
"It would still be a Master Chief story. I just don't want us to get to, like, 'Halo 16.' We're not 'Final Fantasy,' we can't do it," said Ross to Total Xbox.
If anything, "Halo 5: Guardians" is a testing ground for what's to come with the Halo franchise.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone