Drama-Filled E! Show 'Keeping With the Kardashians' Ratings Plummeting, Show in 'Danger of Being Axed'
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 12:24 PM EST
Television personalities and sisters Khloe (L), Kourtney (C) and Kim Kardashian arrive at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
According to Radar Online, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" is not the majority's favorite guilty pleasure on TV anymore. The allegation was made after Nikki Fenke, a veteran journalist, claimed the ratings for the show's June 8 season 9 premiere was down by huge 28 percent among viewers, with ages between 14 and 49.
The show, which launched Kim's sisters, Kourtney, Khloe, Kendall and Kylie, her brothers Rob Kardashian and Brody Jenner and even the sisters' beaus Scott Disick and Lamar Odom to international fame was beilieved not so interesting anymore.
Many Hollywood elites will not be caught dead being associated with the show like Leonardo di Carpio and Paris Hilton. If the intention was to launch the Kardashians to fame, however, the show has already done its part. Even mom, Kris Jenner, and husband, Bruce Jenner, became household names because of the show.
This news was surprising considering all the drama that they have yet to show to the public after Kim and Kanye West tied the knot. Khloe's divorce from Lamar Odom was also reality show worthy, including Kourtney's third baby with Scott Disick. Kylie and Kendall Jenner were also making waves in Hollywood, even though Kendall had already claimed she's opting out of the show to focus on her modeling career.
Rob Kardashian was known to be more focused on his weight loss to do any more shooting for the show. But it would be interesting to see the dynamics of the family nonetheless.
Brody and Kris' complicated relationship and Bruce Jenner with his crazy transformations were bound to caught people's interest. The plummeting ratings therefore may signal a critical problem that has nothing to do with the lack of drama to show. Still, this was not the first time the show was heading for cancelation.
Just recently, it has been reported that Kanye West wanted Kim to stop production because the show was "tacky." The reported added aside from Kendall and Rob, both of them said earlier that they're quitting the show.
Kourtney and Khloe were also not that interested anymore. Kourtney wanted more private time with her growing family and Khloe wished more time to party, the report said.
"The Kardashians are krashing!" Finke announced on her blog. Notwithstanding the "crashing" ratings though, Kim Kardashian proclaimed her family was signed to the series up until season 10, Radar Online reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase