Drama-Filled E! Show 'Keeping With the Kardashians' Ratings Plummeting, Show in 'Danger of Being Axed'
By Annie Dee | June 16, 2014 12:24 PM EST
Television personalities and sisters Khloe (L), Kourtney (C) and Kim Kardashian arrive at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Gus Ruelas
According to Radar Online, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" is not the majority's favorite guilty pleasure on TV anymore. The allegation was made after Nikki Fenke, a veteran journalist, claimed the ratings for the show's June 8 season 9 premiere was down by huge 28 percent among viewers, with ages between 14 and 49.
The show, which launched Kim's sisters, Kourtney, Khloe, Kendall and Kylie, her brothers Rob Kardashian and Brody Jenner and even the sisters' beaus Scott Disick and Lamar Odom to international fame was beilieved not so interesting anymore.
Many Hollywood elites will not be caught dead being associated with the show like Leonardo di Carpio and Paris Hilton. If the intention was to launch the Kardashians to fame, however, the show has already done its part. Even mom, Kris Jenner, and husband, Bruce Jenner, became household names because of the show.
This news was surprising considering all the drama that they have yet to show to the public after Kim and Kanye West tied the knot. Khloe's divorce from Lamar Odom was also reality show worthy, including Kourtney's third baby with Scott Disick. Kylie and Kendall Jenner were also making waves in Hollywood, even though Kendall had already claimed she's opting out of the show to focus on her modeling career.
Rob Kardashian was known to be more focused on his weight loss to do any more shooting for the show. But it would be interesting to see the dynamics of the family nonetheless.
Brody and Kris' complicated relationship and Bruce Jenner with his crazy transformations were bound to caught people's interest. The plummeting ratings therefore may signal a critical problem that has nothing to do with the lack of drama to show. Still, this was not the first time the show was heading for cancelation.
Just recently, it has been reported that Kanye West wanted Kim to stop production because the show was "tacky." The reported added aside from Kendall and Rob, both of them said earlier that they're quitting the show.
Kourtney and Khloe were also not that interested anymore. Kourtney wanted more private time with her growing family and Khloe wished more time to party, the report said.
"The Kardashians are krashing!" Finke announced on her blog. Notwithstanding the "crashing" ratings though, Kim Kardashian proclaimed her family was signed to the series up until season 10, Radar Online reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected