HTC One M8 vs. HTC One E8
By Naveena Joy | June 16, 2014 12:14 PM EST
HTC has recently launched HTC One E8. It comes with a plastic build and its core similar to HTC One M8. Earlier, it was rolled out in China but will also be released in selected markets in June. The company seemed to be delivering the flagship specs at a lower price.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor
Although similar, the techradar cited certain distinct features in both the devices:
HTC One M8 is built from a single piece of brushed aluminium which fits into the hand easily. It is 146.36 mm x 70.6 mm x 9.35mm and weighs 160 g. While HTC One E8 is 146.42 mm x 70.67 mm x 9.85 mm and 145 g, covered with polycarbonate looking less premium than HTC One M8. The appearance is similar with BoomSound speakers above and below the screen and the sensors and ports at the same position. But the power key has been shifted from the top right on M8 to the center of the top edge on E8.
Both the devices share the same screen resolution which includes 5-inch 1080 x 1920 Super LCD 3 displays with a pixel density of 441 ppi.
HTC One M8 and HTC One E8 are powerful devices with 2.3 GHZ quad core Snapdragon 801 processor and 2 GB RAM.
4. Operating System
The operating systems of both phones are same running on Android 4.4 KitKat and with Sense 6. The BlinkFeed and Motion Launch will also be available in both handsets.
The biggest difference between the two devices is the camera. HTC One M8 has a ultrapixel sensor and a duo camera setup where the second sensor will be judging the depth, which allows to do clever things like changing the focus and blurring the background of an image. HTC One E8 has a 13 MP camera and can take detailed photos. It loses out on the sub-optimal lightning and duo camera that is in M8 handset. Both phones have 5 MP front-facing camera and has the ability to shoot video in 1080 p.
Both phones have 2600 mAH battery with two days of medium usage at one charge.
HTC One M8 and HTC One E8 support Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and 4G along with Wi-Fi, 3G and GPS. The difference between the two is that M8 has an IR blaster but E8 doesn't appear to have. HTC One M8 comes in both 16 GB and 32 GB storage while HTC One E8 comes with 16 GB. The devices have a microSD card space which supports upto 128 GB cards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Xbox One to Get a Design Change; Doubled Sales Still Not Beating the PS4
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition November 18 Official Release Date; List of Achievements Leaked Out
- GTA V for PS4, Xbox One and PC Supposedly Out on November 7; Flashback Friday for GTA Online Jobs
- Nokia Lumia 930 vs. Lumia 925 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat 20.1.B.0.60 Certified by PTCRB; Transfer Apps to SD Card Possible
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide