HTC One M8 vs. HTC One E8
By Naveena Joy | June 16, 2014 12:14 PM EST
HTC has recently launched HTC One E8. It comes with a plastic build and its core similar to HTC One M8. Earlier, it was rolled out in China but will also be released in selected markets in June. The company seemed to be delivering the flagship specs at a lower price.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor
Although similar, the techradar cited certain distinct features in both the devices:
HTC One M8 is built from a single piece of brushed aluminium which fits into the hand easily. It is 146.36 mm x 70.6 mm x 9.35mm and weighs 160 g. While HTC One E8 is 146.42 mm x 70.67 mm x 9.85 mm and 145 g, covered with polycarbonate looking less premium than HTC One M8. The appearance is similar with BoomSound speakers above and below the screen and the sensors and ports at the same position. But the power key has been shifted from the top right on M8 to the center of the top edge on E8.
Both the devices share the same screen resolution which includes 5-inch 1080 x 1920 Super LCD 3 displays with a pixel density of 441 ppi.
HTC One M8 and HTC One E8 are powerful devices with 2.3 GHZ quad core Snapdragon 801 processor and 2 GB RAM.
4. Operating System
The operating systems of both phones are same running on Android 4.4 KitKat and with Sense 6. The BlinkFeed and Motion Launch will also be available in both handsets.
The biggest difference between the two devices is the camera. HTC One M8 has a ultrapixel sensor and a duo camera setup where the second sensor will be judging the depth, which allows to do clever things like changing the focus and blurring the background of an image. HTC One E8 has a 13 MP camera and can take detailed photos. It loses out on the sub-optimal lightning and duo camera that is in M8 handset. Both phones have 5 MP front-facing camera and has the ability to shoot video in 1080 p.
Both phones have 2600 mAH battery with two days of medium usage at one charge.
HTC One M8 and HTC One E8 support Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and 4G along with Wi-Fi, 3G and GPS. The difference between the two is that M8 has an IR blaster but E8 doesn't appear to have. HTC One M8 comes in both 16 GB and 32 GB storage while HTC One E8 comes with 16 GB. The devices have a microSD card space which supports upto 128 GB cards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]