Behind the Loss: Croats Swim Rear-Naked After Brazil Match
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | June 16, 2014 11:48 AM EST
These Croats sure know how to handle defeat.
Last Thursday, Croatia lost in a closely contested match against host Brazil, 3-1. Media outlets report that their coach, Niko Kovac was furious over alleged one-sided officiating specifically on the penalty kick awarded to Brazil which became the turning point of the match.
Croatia's goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa fails to save a goal scored by Brazil's Oscar during the 2014 World Cup opening match at the Corinthians arena in Sao Paulo June 12, 2014
While their coaching staff was still fuming over the matter, the players decided to cool off in another way - by swimming rear naked after the loss.
Buzzfeed.com is ripe with salacious photos of the Croats in full view of paparazzi while taking a dive in their resort. Displayed in full color are these glorious gladiators who can be mistaken for warriors bathing in their conquest. Central Defender Dejan Lovren is a feast for the eyes on this one, showing off his toned muscular build while Luka Modric looks on (on whatever that is, we wouldn't want to know).
Other snapshots show Lovren walking around the poolside without a care in the world. Another candid shot shows, Sime Vrsaljko in full battle arsenal and getting ready to nakedly jump in the pool. While a heavily tattooed Vedran Corluka is shyly trying to keep all his marbles before getting ready to splash in.
After the photos went viral over the Internet, the Croats have issued a press boycott for the duration of the tournament.
"How would you feel if someone took naked pictures of you?" Croatian coach Niko Kovac told reporters Sunday. "They are adamant that they won't speak to you lot anymore and I don't know whether the silence will end tomorrow or last until the end of our World Cup campaign."
Well the media frenzy and the buzz on this certainly show the public is craving for more. Maybe, they will play pickup football next after another loss? The public should be watching out for the next Croatian loss then.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS