Behind the Loss: Croats Swim Rear-Naked After Brazil Match
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | June 16, 2014 11:48 AM EST
These Croats sure know how to handle defeat.
Last Thursday, Croatia lost in a closely contested match against host Brazil, 3-1. Media outlets report that their coach, Niko Kovac was furious over alleged one-sided officiating specifically on the penalty kick awarded to Brazil which became the turning point of the match.
Croatia's goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa fails to save a goal scored by Brazil's Oscar during the 2014 World Cup opening match at the Corinthians arena in Sao Paulo June 12, 2014
While their coaching staff was still fuming over the matter, the players decided to cool off in another way - by swimming rear naked after the loss.
Buzzfeed.com is ripe with salacious photos of the Croats in full view of paparazzi while taking a dive in their resort. Displayed in full color are these glorious gladiators who can be mistaken for warriors bathing in their conquest. Central Defender Dejan Lovren is a feast for the eyes on this one, showing off his toned muscular build while Luka Modric looks on (on whatever that is, we wouldn't want to know).
Other snapshots show Lovren walking around the poolside without a care in the world. Another candid shot shows, Sime Vrsaljko in full battle arsenal and getting ready to nakedly jump in the pool. While a heavily tattooed Vedran Corluka is shyly trying to keep all his marbles before getting ready to splash in.
After the photos went viral over the Internet, the Croats have issued a press boycott for the duration of the tournament.
"How would you feel if someone took naked pictures of you?" Croatian coach Niko Kovac told reporters Sunday. "They are adamant that they won't speak to you lot anymore and I don't know whether the silence will end tomorrow or last until the end of our World Cup campaign."
Well the media frenzy and the buzz on this certainly show the public is craving for more. Maybe, they will play pickup football next after another loss? The public should be watching out for the next Croatian loss then.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports