Behind the Loss: Croats Swim Rear-Naked After Brazil Match
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | June 16, 2014 11:48 AM EST
These Croats sure know how to handle defeat.
Last Thursday, Croatia lost in a closely contested match against host Brazil, 3-1. Media outlets report that their coach, Niko Kovac was furious over alleged one-sided officiating specifically on the penalty kick awarded to Brazil which became the turning point of the match.
Croatia's goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa fails to save a goal scored by Brazil's Oscar during the 2014 World Cup opening match at the Corinthians arena in Sao Paulo June 12, 2014
While their coaching staff was still fuming over the matter, the players decided to cool off in another way - by swimming rear naked after the loss.
Buzzfeed.com is ripe with salacious photos of the Croats in full view of paparazzi while taking a dive in their resort. Displayed in full color are these glorious gladiators who can be mistaken for warriors bathing in their conquest. Central Defender Dejan Lovren is a feast for the eyes on this one, showing off his toned muscular build while Luka Modric looks on (on whatever that is, we wouldn't want to know).
Other snapshots show Lovren walking around the poolside without a care in the world. Another candid shot shows, Sime Vrsaljko in full battle arsenal and getting ready to nakedly jump in the pool. While a heavily tattooed Vedran Corluka is shyly trying to keep all his marbles before getting ready to splash in.
After the photos went viral over the Internet, the Croats have issued a press boycott for the duration of the tournament.
"How would you feel if someone took naked pictures of you?" Croatian coach Niko Kovac told reporters Sunday. "They are adamant that they won't speak to you lot anymore and I don't know whether the silence will end tomorrow or last until the end of our World Cup campaign."
Well the media frenzy and the buzz on this certainly show the public is craving for more. Maybe, they will play pickup football next after another loss? The public should be watching out for the next Croatian loss then.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?