Behind the Loss: Croats Swim Rear-Naked After Brazil Match
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | June 16, 2014 11:48 AM EST
These Croats sure know how to handle defeat.
Last Thursday, Croatia lost in a closely contested match against host Brazil, 3-1. Media outlets report that their coach, Niko Kovac was furious over alleged one-sided officiating specifically on the penalty kick awarded to Brazil which became the turning point of the match.
Croatia's goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa fails to save a goal scored by Brazil's Oscar during the 2014 World Cup opening match at the Corinthians arena in Sao Paulo June 12, 2014
While their coaching staff was still fuming over the matter, the players decided to cool off in another way - by swimming rear naked after the loss.
Buzzfeed.com is ripe with salacious photos of the Croats in full view of paparazzi while taking a dive in their resort. Displayed in full color are these glorious gladiators who can be mistaken for warriors bathing in their conquest. Central Defender Dejan Lovren is a feast for the eyes on this one, showing off his toned muscular build while Luka Modric looks on (on whatever that is, we wouldn't want to know).
Other snapshots show Lovren walking around the poolside without a care in the world. Another candid shot shows, Sime Vrsaljko in full battle arsenal and getting ready to nakedly jump in the pool. While a heavily tattooed Vedran Corluka is shyly trying to keep all his marbles before getting ready to splash in.
After the photos went viral over the Internet, the Croats have issued a press boycott for the duration of the tournament.
"How would you feel if someone took naked pictures of you?" Croatian coach Niko Kovac told reporters Sunday. "They are adamant that they won't speak to you lot anymore and I don't know whether the silence will end tomorrow or last until the end of our World Cup campaign."
Well the media frenzy and the buzz on this certainly show the public is craving for more. Maybe, they will play pickup football next after another loss? The public should be watching out for the next Croatian loss then.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date