Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 vs. Galaxy Tab 3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 16, 2014 11:44 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 or the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 comes with a 10.1-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. The Galaxy Tab 3 comes with a 10.1-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1280 x 800 pixels resolution.
Readers can note that the P5210 variant of the Galaxy Tab 3 is no different compared to the new Galaxy Tab 4 in terms of the display resolution. Both the devices feature a 149 ppi pixel density on their screen.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 comes with 243.4 x 176.4 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 487 grams. The Galaxy Tab 3 comes with 243.1 x 176.1 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 510 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card. The Galaxy Tab 3 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz dual core processor and Intel Atom Z2560 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1.5 GB of RAM. The Galaxy Tab 3 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. There is a marginal improvement in terms of the computing power of the Tab 4 compared to the Tab 3.
Both the devices sport a 3.15 MP primary camera and a 1.3 MP secondary camera.
There is also no improvement in the battery in the Galaxy Tab 4. Both the devices come with a non-removable Li-Po 6800 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 16 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $449.95 and the 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $519.95. The Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $379.95 in Australia.
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- Blackberry Passport vs Nokia Lumia Icon: Which Smartphone Will Outdo the Other; Specifications and Price Comparisons
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes