Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 vs. Galaxy Tab 3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 16, 2014 11:44 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 or the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 comes with a 10.1-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. The Galaxy Tab 3 comes with a 10.1-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1280 x 800 pixels resolution.
Readers can note that the P5210 variant of the Galaxy Tab 3 is no different compared to the new Galaxy Tab 4 in terms of the display resolution. Both the devices feature a 149 ppi pixel density on their screen.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 comes with 243.4 x 176.4 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 487 grams. The Galaxy Tab 3 comes with 243.1 x 176.1 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 510 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card. The Galaxy Tab 3 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz dual core processor and Intel Atom Z2560 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1.5 GB of RAM. The Galaxy Tab 3 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. There is a marginal improvement in terms of the computing power of the Tab 4 compared to the Tab 3.
Both the devices sport a 3.15 MP primary camera and a 1.3 MP secondary camera.
There is also no improvement in the battery in the Galaxy Tab 4. Both the devices come with a non-removable Li-Po 6800 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 16 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $449.95 and the 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $519.95. The Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $379.95 in Australia.
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family