Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 vs. Galaxy Tab 3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 16, 2014 11:44 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 or the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 comes with a 10.1-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. The Galaxy Tab 3 comes with a 10.1-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1280 x 800 pixels resolution.
Readers can note that the P5210 variant of the Galaxy Tab 3 is no different compared to the new Galaxy Tab 4 in terms of the display resolution. Both the devices feature a 149 ppi pixel density on their screen.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 comes with 243.4 x 176.4 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 487 grams. The Galaxy Tab 3 comes with 243.1 x 176.1 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 510 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card. The Galaxy Tab 3 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz dual core processor and Intel Atom Z2560 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1.5 GB of RAM. The Galaxy Tab 3 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. There is a marginal improvement in terms of the computing power of the Tab 4 compared to the Tab 3.
Both the devices sport a 3.15 MP primary camera and a 1.3 MP secondary camera.
There is also no improvement in the battery in the Galaxy Tab 4. Both the devices come with a non-removable Li-Po 6800 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 16 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $449.95 and the 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $519.95. The Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $379.95 in Australia.
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports