Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet vs. iPad Air Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 16, 2014 11:35 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet or the iPad Air, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet comes with a 10.1-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1200 x 1920 pixels resolution. The iPad Air comes with a 9.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution.
The iPad Air delivers a better viewing experience with a pixel density of 264 ppi and the LCD screen on the iPad Air also gives it an edge compared to the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet, which delivers 224 ppi pixel density.
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet comes with 266 x 172 x 6.4 mm dimensions and weighs 426 grams. The iPad Air comes with 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm dimensions and weighs 469 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm APQ8074AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPad Air is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core cyclone processor and Apple A7 chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 3 GB of RAM. The iPad Air runs on the iOS 7 operating system and has 1 GB RAM. The better RAM on the Z2 gives the device gives it an edge especially when it comes to multi tasking.
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet sports an 8.1 MP primary camera with autofocus and the secondary camera on the device is 2.2 MP. The iPad Air sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and the secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet comes with a non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh battery, which allows for a multimedia play time of about 13 hours. The iPad Air comes with a non-removable Li-Po 8,820 battery, which allows for a multimedia play time of about 10 hours.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 16 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $549.95 and the 32 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $649.95. The iPad Air 16 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $569.95, the 32 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $669.95 and the 64 GB Wi-Fi variant is priced at around AU $809.95 in Australia.
Sony Xperia Z2: Top 5 Features review [Read]
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up