Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Dated and Spotted with Gold Case, Galaxy S5 and S4 Android 4.4.3 Speculated
By Gel Galang | June 16, 2014 11:27 AM EST
After the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) was pictured and leaked beside the Samsung Galaxy S5--sporting slim bezels and a wider screen than the flagship phone--a new image has been spotted, this time with the device in flashy gold.
@evleaks has managed to provide the image, where you can see the golden back case of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F). What's also noticeable about the new image is that the device is sporting very slim bezels, another potential proof that the 5.3-inch display is really coming without pushing the size of the phone compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The golden back of the alleged Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) looks like a brushed metal finish, again hinting at the possibility that the device is the promised premium model coming out from the South Korean company.
When it comes to the legitimacy of the leak, Android Police does point out that the image shows "September 12, Wednesday," which is a wrong date when going by the calendar. Aside from the wrong date, there's also the fact that the date comes after the IFA Berlin show, where Samsung has usually showcased a lot of its anticipated handsets.
Again, for now, the newest image of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) should be looked at with caution, until Samsung does announce the official news.
Android 4.4.3 Now Rumoured for Galaxy S5 and S4
June and July may see a double release of the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat release for the Samsung Galaxy S5 and S4 devices, if a new leak is to be believed.
Gotta Be Mobile reports that testing has already been reportedly done for the Samsung Galaxy S5, and may the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update may come out for this handset as early as June. On the other hand, testing for the Samsung Galaxy S4 with the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update is also being done, with the final stages allowing the possibility for a July release.
This follows the more recent reports of different Android devices already receiving the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update, including the Moto E, Moto G and Moto X, a variety of Nexus devices and the Google Play Edition of handsets like HTC One M8 and M7.
While this may be exciting speculation for Samsung Galaxy S5 and S5 device owners, a new report on the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update may not be as welcome.
Neowin.net reports that, while the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update is supposed to be the bug-fixer for its predecessor, it seems that a few bugs also came in tow once it was downloaded.
According to the source, users who tried their hand with the update has reported issues with wi-fi connectivity, notifications, battery life (one of the issues that it was supposed to fix) and bugs in some apps, among others.
The new bugs are not reported in all Android 4.4.3 Kitkat users, so this may not be a major problem. But Google has yet to give any statements on how it plans to deal with the new development.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown