Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Dated and Spotted with Gold Case, Galaxy S5 and S4 Android 4.4.3 Speculated
By Gel Galang | June 16, 2014 11:27 AM EST
After the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) was pictured and leaked beside the Samsung Galaxy S5--sporting slim bezels and a wider screen than the flagship phone--a new image has been spotted, this time with the device in flashy gold.
@evleaks has managed to provide the image, where you can see the golden back case of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F). What's also noticeable about the new image is that the device is sporting very slim bezels, another potential proof that the 5.3-inch display is really coming without pushing the size of the phone compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5.
The golden back of the alleged Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) looks like a brushed metal finish, again hinting at the possibility that the device is the promised premium model coming out from the South Korean company.
When it comes to the legitimacy of the leak, Android Police does point out that the image shows "September 12, Wednesday," which is a wrong date when going by the calendar. Aside from the wrong date, there's also the fact that the date comes after the IFA Berlin show, where Samsung has usually showcased a lot of its anticipated handsets.
Again, for now, the newest image of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) should be looked at with caution, until Samsung does announce the official news.
Android 4.4.3 Now Rumoured for Galaxy S5 and S4
June and July may see a double release of the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat release for the Samsung Galaxy S5 and S4 devices, if a new leak is to be believed.
Gotta Be Mobile reports that testing has already been reportedly done for the Samsung Galaxy S5, and may the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update may come out for this handset as early as June. On the other hand, testing for the Samsung Galaxy S4 with the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update is also being done, with the final stages allowing the possibility for a July release.
This follows the more recent reports of different Android devices already receiving the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update, including the Moto E, Moto G and Moto X, a variety of Nexus devices and the Google Play Edition of handsets like HTC One M8 and M7.
While this may be exciting speculation for Samsung Galaxy S5 and S5 device owners, a new report on the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update may not be as welcome.
Neowin.net reports that, while the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update is supposed to be the bug-fixer for its predecessor, it seems that a few bugs also came in tow once it was downloaded.
According to the source, users who tried their hand with the update has reported issues with wi-fi connectivity, notifications, battery life (one of the issues that it was supposed to fix) and bugs in some apps, among others.
The new bugs are not reported in all Android 4.4.3 Kitkat users, so this may not be a major problem. But Google has yet to give any statements on how it plans to deal with the new development.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys